Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 896 897 [898] 899 900 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13205294 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #13455 on: August 06, 2012, 12:22:53 pm »

Yeah, I was kind of on the receiving end of that in that child abuse wasn't exactly considered a major crime back in the late 70's. Especially not in rural North Carolina.  :-\

After all, cain't be interferin' with how a man runs his house. That boy might get sassy.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #13456 on: August 06, 2012, 12:43:59 pm »

People just don't want to believe that things like that are anything more than fiction.

It isn't comfortable, it doesn't make people feel good.

Its like closing your eyes to make the monsters go away.

I had this one time when a friend asked me why my foster-sister lives with us instead of with her parents.
His reaction to my explanation was basically: 'Dude that's horrible, I did not want to hear that.'.
Yes you did >.>

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #13457 on: August 06, 2012, 05:28:52 pm »

I recall this line from a dream I had last night:

The vitality and life force of a young adult chrononaut will bind with the temporal vortex, allowing time jumps with greater precision and greater magnitude of temporal displacement than would be acheived with an adult.

The concept of the dream (involving a government project set up to "iron out" wrinkles in history caused by the accidental invention of time travel, along with deliberate manipulation) was pretty cool, and would make a great RPG concept or tv series.I simply can't believe that I spout technobabble in my sleep.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #13458 on: August 06, 2012, 05:53:10 pm »

I recall this line from a dream I had last night:

The vitality and life force of a young adult chrononaut will bind with the temporal vortex, allowing time jumps with greater precision and greater magnitude of temporal displacement than would be acheived with an adult.

The concept of the dream (involving a government project set up to "iron out" wrinkles in history caused by the accidental invention of time travel, along with deliberate manipulation) was pretty cool, and would make a great RPG concept or tv series.I simply can't believe that I spout technobabble in my sleep.

A while ago I had a dream, a very rare occurrence for me. This dream was like the last scene in an incredible epic movie or book, and it all made perfect sense at the time, except that I didn't dream the first 9/10s of the thing that would put it all in perspective, so its essentially made entirely of "awesome, but WTF was that about?"
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13459 on: August 06, 2012, 06:14:44 pm »

My problem is I don't have excuses. Born with a silver spoon in my mouth, essentially. So when I'm feeling down, what right do I have to complain?

Still haven't figured out if I'm whiny or legitimately depressed. Therapist hasn't shed light on that either.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #13460 on: August 06, 2012, 06:18:56 pm »

Kaijyuu, I totally know where you're coming from.

I have friends who have had tremendously abusive parents and have gone through terrible divorces. I know some who have effectively been abandoned by their parents. Some whose families couldn't afford to feed them besides their school lunches. Some who got jumped and beaten up after high school for being gay. Some whose 13-year-old siblings got dragged into heroin.

I've got nothing even comparable to that stuff.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #13461 on: August 06, 2012, 08:31:34 pm »

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13462 on: August 06, 2012, 08:43:39 pm »

Psychs are idiots, went for years since puberty. Basically I start behaving out sue to brain being rewired and instantly I'm a psycho. So off to the shrink with you. Rather make that many shrinks. Years pass that I have little memory off, I go the kill myself routh. what happens? all the psyches run the fuck away and don't want to be associated with a failed case. Nowadays? killing myself, best thing I ever did, triggered a personality reset of fuck everyone they dont give a shit and neither should you. I havent met a psych in a year, I think which is better than having a new one assigned every 2weeks who knew nothing of me. Never took the drugs as saw the zombies every day I attended.  The hospitals were sold for the property boom that failed, so the place is druggie central the clinic is gone so the drug zombies are roaming the streets and violent crime and sucide has gone up to a new record. Useless when they had money and worse without.

^wall of crappy text  and god awful spelling^
Translates I know shrinks are useless and writing that crap feels better. Also you are not the only psycho in the forum we walk the streets and you see us everywhere, we are everyone and no one to everyone.

edit for spelling and saying my crap is minor to the nasty crap some have gone through.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 11:56:12 pm by Lord Inquisitor »
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #13463 on: August 06, 2012, 09:12:08 pm »

I simply can't believe that I spout technobabble in my sleep.
Perhaps your brain is secretly this website?

Quote from: Generated Text
They need to reverse the charge, because the burst polarity has been within the charge hyperdrive. There should have been special damage next to the enhanced contained gravity dampener. Auxiliary singularity needs to be calibrated, because the critical plasma conduit has been reversed. I need to calibrate the gravity dampener, because the vortex core seems to be at the gravity dampener vortex. Fluctuating special galaxies boosts the another polarities. They have to calibrate the gravity dampener, because the crystal sensor array seems to be next to the hyperdrive vortex.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #13464 on: August 06, 2012, 10:23:03 pm »

The hyperdrive hyperdrive is aligned.

makes perfect sense! I'll just get my motor's motor aligned, now!
And your processor's processor!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13465 on: August 06, 2012, 10:34:35 pm »

The hyperdrive hyperdrive is aligned.

makes perfect sense! I'll just get my motor's motor aligned, now!
And your processor's processor!
hey now don't be making fun of co-processor, hes a hard working fellow

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13466 on: August 06, 2012, 11:10:25 pm »

Kaijyuu, I totally know where you're coming from.

I have friends who have had tremendously abusive parents and have gone through terrible divorces. I know some who have effectively been abandoned by their parents. Some whose families couldn't afford to feed them besides their school lunches. Some who got jumped and beaten up after high school for being gay. Some whose 13-year-old siblings got dragged into heroin.

I've got nothing even comparable to that stuff.

Just because you and Kaijyuu haven't had shitty things happen to you does not mean you should feel bad about feeling bad. It should only help you put it into perspective. If you have a shitty day, try to remember it could be worse and be happy about something in your day.
I do that, and it's the only reason I'm alive. Be happy when you can, because it can always get worse. Might as well enjoy what you can. :D
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13467 on: August 06, 2012, 11:15:36 pm »

I do that, and it's the only reason I'm alive. Be happy when you can, because it can always get worse. Might as well enjoy what you can. :D
The knowledge that your situation could be worse isn't very good motivation to live. In fact, it's a bit the opposite.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13468 on: August 06, 2012, 11:28:52 pm »

I try for "I can make this better," instead of "Well I might get fucked EVEN HARDER!" as motivator.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #13469 on: August 06, 2012, 11:32:32 pm »

I'm in the same spot off and on, and am starting to find that the biggest cause of my depression is stress. Losing the feeling of control causes a great deal of stress - For example, having your boss threaten you can throw you into a depressive spiral, because you perceive your job as important and thus your boss's actions can have a greater effect on you, since he essentially controls your job. Find something that you are powerful in, such as knowledge, art, your pet, and make that more important than your job in your own mind, and suddenly you're your own boss in what's important to you. In essence, focusing on what you have rather than what you don't, and making what you have the more important factor.

It's a heck of a lot complicated than that, but long story short since learning all this I've been much more relaxed and in control of my life. This video is where I learned a bunch of stuff - It's super informative if you suffer from stress, depression, or whatever. Not a sure shot, especially considering the origins of this discussion, but it's good to know some signs, effects, and ways to prevent it.

The enhanced number string number string affects affects at the temporal region network data.

This could be incredibly useful in a technical support job when dealing with stupid customers.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.
Pages: 1 ... 896 897 [898] 899 900 ... 10984