Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8972 8973 [8974] 8975 8976 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13191147 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #134595 on: June 06, 2018, 10:28:17 am »

Speaking of, uh, interesting books for children - has any of you seen anything illustrated by Stephen Gammell?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 10:33:49 am by Il Palazzo »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #134596 on: June 06, 2018, 10:29:55 am »

Y'all dummies. Its 'Barack Obama'
It's jif.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134597 on: June 06, 2018, 10:50:32 am »

Norwegian childrens book writers, I have to say, seem to understand their target audience... Stories such as the twin set of the little boy with diarrhea who pooed from here to there, who pooed out his dinner and pooed out his friend, who pooed out things he hadn't even eaten yet; and the book from the same author following his sister who vomited on things in much the same way her brother handled the other end of the bodily spectrum.

Or perhaps an inspiring tale of becoming comfortable with yourself for who you are, as depicted in "The Elephant Who Didn't Dare to Fart".

In a slight turn from bodily functions, there is of course the highly popular "Kurt" series of books, including the one where Kurt manages to reel in a fish the size of a large house, so he and his family decide to take a quick vacation, build a shack on top of the fish, and sail it around the world (crossing from Norway to China apparently takes 2-3 days when sailing a dead fish) while eating it out from underneath them.

...it's not entirely without bodily functions, of course, because Kurt's youngest, the boy, has as a life goal to urinate in public restrooms in every country in the world. The book covers his making a lot of headway in that lofty objective.
My goodness, these sound amazing. I mean... yeah, kid-me would have absolutely freaking loved them, but I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm in-touch enough with my inner child that reading those synopses made me chuckle out loud. ^-^     
Yep. There was actually another childrens book that got made into a film relatively recently; "Doctor Proctor's Farting Powder", where a couple kids meet the mad scientist living next door, and find among his many bizarre inventions a prank farting powder so powerful, that a person can fly through the air using only flatulent force.

What follows is a rousing romp of action and intrigue, as another fellow catches wind of the wind-breaking and tries to steal the formula himself so that he can patent it and get rich. Much farting, crashing into things, and traveling through toilets is involved.

"Author Jo Nesbø's daughter wanted him to write her a story about a little girl, a boy who was shorter than her, a mad scientist and a dinosaur. Nesbø changed the dinosaur into an anaconda and added the plot about the fart powder, since he always wanted to write a children's book about farting."

I mean, if you're looking for a great children's book, there's always that iconic, timeless Chuck Tingle classic "Pounded in the Ass by the Living Personification of the ABC's". God I'm sorry! That joke was too awful.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134598 on: June 06, 2018, 11:08:14 am »

I mean, if you're looking for a great children's book, there's always that iconic, timeless Chuck Tingle classic "Pounded in the Ass by the Living Personification of the ABC's". God I'm sorry! That joke was too awful.

I remember the young adult sequel, "Pounded in the Butt by my Old Children's Books".  True Chuck Tingle artistry of the pen.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #134599 on: June 06, 2018, 12:18:10 pm »

I guess I need to research Chuck Tingle.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134600 on: June 06, 2018, 12:29:21 pm »

I guess I need to research Chuck Tingle.
He also has an audiobook style podcast now.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #134602 on: June 06, 2018, 01:00:05 pm »

Days since last Chuck Tingle derail: 0 0
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134604 on: June 06, 2018, 01:38:48 pm »

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134605 on: June 06, 2018, 01:44:41 pm »

Hollywood has already given us a woman fucking a fish. Can it give us woman fucking a Nazi-favourite car? We put our trust in you, Mickey Bay.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #134606 on: June 06, 2018, 01:47:15 pm »

Best part about it is that it seems Bay and his twitchy explosions are nowhere near this one. Seems like an actual family movie in the vein of Iron Giant and not whatever the fuck the previous ones were supposed to be :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #134607 on: June 06, 2018, 02:03:55 pm »

That's because Michael Bay isn't directing it, Travis Knight is. He was an animator for Coraline and he directed Kubo and the Two Strings. This ain't your daddy's Transformers movie, this might actually be a Transformers entry that is different (WHAT) and artistic (GET OUT)!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134608 on: June 06, 2018, 02:09:05 pm »

Bay-less Transformers?
:(
All hope for woman-on-Volkswagen love is lost. If only they hired Benicio instead...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #134609 on: June 06, 2018, 02:15:24 pm »

From the little I remember of Transformers lore (?), they don't require genitalia to reproduce. I therefore doubt that it is possible for the Volkswagon to ravish her.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 8972 8973 [8974] 8975 8976 ... 10984