Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8995 8996 [8997] 8998 8999 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13175068 times)

Hotfire90

Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #134940 on: June 21, 2018, 03:10:56 pm »

The note you can write when you're rejecting a gift on steam doesn't appear to have a character limit, it should have a strict one as the visible box can fit just two lines of words at once. The character limit for the gift message is 160 characters, the one for normal steam messages is 2048, yet somehow the message for rejecting a gift doesn't have a character limit, I got to 10252 characters before I gave up.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134941 on: June 21, 2018, 04:29:07 pm »

The obvious thing to do is to put the entire text of alice in wonderland on a steam gift rejection.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134942 on: June 21, 2018, 04:40:58 pm »

The obvious thing to do is to put the entire text of War and Peace on a steam gift rejection.

FIFY.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134943 on: June 21, 2018, 04:44:24 pm »

The obvious thing to do is to put the entire text of The Giving Tree on a steam gift rejection.

FIFY.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #134944 on: June 21, 2018, 04:47:59 pm »

pounded in the butt by the steam gift rejection text book meme

yes.  I did this.  Bite me.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Hotfire90

« Reply #134945 on: June 21, 2018, 04:53:41 pm »

* Hotfire90 eagerly takes notes

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #134946 on: June 21, 2018, 04:58:41 pm »

Just spam post the ‘navy seal’ copypasta 367 times over
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #134947 on: June 21, 2018, 04:59:33 pm »

pounded in the butt by the steam gift rejection text book meme

yes.  I did this.  Bite me.

This is the best meme, and I applaud you.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134948 on: June 21, 2018, 05:00:42 pm »

* Khan Boyzitbig hangs upside down from the ceiling, mooing.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134949 on: June 21, 2018, 05:17:36 pm »

There's a button outside the back door at work, for delivery drivers to push to let shipping know to open the door. Today someone stuck some tape or something to it and buggered off, leaving the bell it's  attached to ringing for several minutes. Some people thought it was the fire alarm, and even the office staff were coming out onto the floor to see what was going on. Took longer than I thought for someone to actually open the door and check it out.

There's also a door to the second floor that did not exist when I worked here last year. Just a door in the air that goes into old storage rooms, but no stairs or anything to reach the doors. They use it to move things too large to be carried up or down the stairs normally, by using the forklift. I know it's not uncommon in some places, but it keeps catching me off guard, since I keep forgetting it's there.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134950 on: June 22, 2018, 03:43:03 am »

See, that's actually a fair bit more than you might think. Someone found that the Colonial Marines server rules was only about 14 Navy SEAL copypastas long. 367 times would be over 500,000 characters.

Besides, considering the medium, it should clearly be filled with a rambling manifesto about why Bad Rats is a hidden gem and ecchi is an art form that enriches and brings culture to the Steam base.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #134951 on: June 22, 2018, 04:12:03 am »

See, that's actually a fair bit more than you might think. Someone found that the Colonial Marines server rules was only about 14 Navy SEAL copypastas long. 367 times would be over 500,000 characters.

Besides, considering the medium, it should clearly be filled with a rambling manifesto about why Bad Rats is a hidden gem and ecchi is an art form that enriches and brings culture to the Steam base.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #134952 on: June 22, 2018, 04:35:54 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
https://youtu.be/NsZMbs5PC64
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134953 on: June 22, 2018, 05:33:42 am »

Finally got replacement adapter from phony scam site, but a different model than what I'd ordered. This one looks to be the real deal though, and has so far not thrown any shit about being unrecognized by the machine, and overall appears to be better quality. As such, I've gone back to using my own computer rather than the one on loan from my girlfriend, and I have been suddenly reacquainted with all of its faults.

The screen is completely fucked. There's a loose connection somewhere, so on startup or a soft breeze, the entire screen turns into technicolor pinstripes. So far, the "solution" appears to be a lot of frustrated wiggling and a wad of tissue paper jammed into the screen frame to apply pressure to one of the connections. There's still some weird fuckery with things like the native resolution not actually being handled all that well, and I've noticed that playing SS13 has suddenly gotten about 10 shades darker compared to the other, older computer.

Also, because this is actually a super-fancy-dancy touchscreen computer (why), the touch controls will occasionally (and seemingly without provocation) go berserk and click EVERYTHING on the screen, despite the fact that my fingers are nowhere near it.

I've manually turned off the driver for the touchscreen multiple times. Originally this was just because I'd occasionally bump something on the screen and it was kinda irritating, now it's because the touchscreen has its random fits where it'll close 5 tabs and two windows while starting three new programs or links that I didn't want to click on (and where it's so busy calculating the bombardment of "touchscreen" signals, that it completely drops mouse support until the tantrum is done). Why is it that I've done this multiple times? Because every time the machine updates, Microsoft goes "oh, hey, there's an integrated driver that's been disabled! BETTER FIX THAT" and turns it on again.

I'm aware I should be searching for a better machine, and I'd like to. I just never find the energy to bring myself to actually do it and decide what the fuck I actually want and/or need from a computer. Because I'm invalid like that.

Also the 'd' key will oftentimes register a second press almost half a second after the one time I actually did press the key, so when I'm typing quickly I end up with badges of intelligence like "words.d"

Also also this computer is the one I colossally fucked up extracting a broken headphone jack from the audio port, so there's absolutely no sound to be had from it.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #134954 on: June 22, 2018, 07:39:06 am »

An office building in Amsterdam that houses the redactions of the magazines De Nieuwe Revu, Panorama, and Playboy has been attacked with an anti-tank weapon.
No one was hurt, but the office's front and windows are damaged, and a toilet has collapsed.
Magazine editors have resumed work as if nothing has happened.
The anti-tank weapon was left at the scene.
Amsterdam police have a suspect in custody.
The identity of the suspect, and a motive for the attack are as of yet unknown.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 8995 8996 [8997] 8998 8999 ... 10983