Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8996 8997 [8998] 8999 9000 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13145345 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #134955 on: June 22, 2018, 08:20:59 am »

The "redactions"?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #134956 on: June 22, 2018, 08:31:22 am »

Erm... Editors. Dutch word 'redactie'
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #134957 on: June 22, 2018, 08:36:06 am »

... honestly, that makes the event less interesting. Anti-tank attack on a bunch of magazine editors is significantly more explicable than an attack on a redaction archive.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134958 on: June 22, 2018, 08:39:00 am »

The "redactions"?

Like ██████, ██████████ and ███.

Which is strange, because I thought Playboy did away with those a long time ago.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #134959 on: June 22, 2018, 09:16:33 am »

Just spam post the ‘navy seal’ copypasta 367 times over
I mean, if it's the Navy Seals people would just instantly recognize it and then it's not really that funny anymore. That's the problem with memes in general, I mean look at them, they come to this place when they know they are not pure. Tenno use the keys, but they are mere trespassers. Only I, Vor, know the true power of the Void. I was cut in half, destroyed, but through it's Janus Key, the Void called to me. It brought me here and here I was reborn. We cannot blame these creatures, they are being led by a false prophet, an impostor who knows not the secrets of the Void. Behold the Tenno, come to scavenge and desecrate this sacred realm. My brothers, did I not tell of this day? Did I not prophesize this moment? Now, I will stop them. Now I am changed, reborn through the energy of the Janus Key. Forever bound to the Void. Let it be known, if the Tenno want true salvation, they will lay down their arms, and wait for the baptism of my Janus key. It is time. I will teach these trespassers the redemptive power of my Janus key. They will learn it's simple truth. The Tenno are lost, and they will resist. But I, Vor, will look at them, they come to this place when they know they are not pure. Tenno use the keys, but they are mere trespassers. Only I, Vor, know the true power of the Void. I was cut in half, destroyed, but through it's Janus Key, the Void called to me. It brought me here and here I was reborn. We cannot blame these creatures, they are being led by a false prophet, an impostor who knows not the secrets of the Void. Behold the Tenno, come to scavenge and desecrate this sacred realm. My brothers, did I not tell of this day? Did I not prophesize this moment? Now, I will stop them. Now I am changed, reborn through the energy of the Janus Key. Forever bound to the Void. Let it be known, if the Tenno want true salvation, they will lay down their arms, and wait for the baptism of my Janus key. It is time. I will teach these trespassers the redemptive power of my Janus key. They will learn it's simple truth. The Tenno are lost, and they will resist. But I, Vor, will cleanse this place of them, they come to this place when they know they are not pure. Tenno use the keys, but they are mere trespassers. Only I, Vor, know the true power of the Void. I was cut in half, destroyed, but through it's Janus Key, the Void called to me. It brought me here and here I was reborn. We cannot blame these creatures, they are being led by a false prophet, an impostor who knows not the secrets of the Void. Behold the Tenno, come to scavenge and desecrate this sacred realm. My brothers, did I not tell of this day? Did I not prophesize this moment? Now, I will stop them. Now I am changed, reborn through the energy of the Janus Key. Forever bound to the Void. Let it be known, if the Tenno want true salvation, they will lay down their arms, and wait for the baptism of my Janus key. It is time. I will teach these trespassers the redemptive power of my Janus key. They will learn it's simple truth. The Tenno are lost, and they will resist. But I, Vor, was cut in half, destroyed, but through it's Janus Key, the Void called to me. It brought me here and here I was reborn. We cannot blame these creatures, they are being led by a false prophet, an impostor who knows not the secrets of the Void. Behold the Tenno, come to scavenge and desecrate this sacred realm. My brothers, did I not tell of this day? Did I not prophesize this moment? Now, I will stop them. Now I am changed, reborn through the energy of the Janus Key. Forever bound to the Void. Let it be known, if the Tenno want true salvation, they will lay down their arms, and wait for the baptism of my Janus key. It is time. I will teach these trespassers the redemptive power of my Janus key. They will learn it's simple truth. The Tenno are lost, and they will resist. But I, Vor, will cleanse this place of their impurity.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #134960 on: June 22, 2018, 09:53:48 am »

SKOOM

Well, I just made a huge fool of myself in public by assuming my media volume was set to nill.
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134961 on: June 22, 2018, 10:40:27 am »

An office building in Amsterdam that houses the redactions of the magazines De Nieuwe Revu, Panorama, and Playboy has been attacked with an anti-tank weapon.
No one was hurt, but the office's front and windows are damaged, and a toilet has collapsed.
Magazine editors have resumed work as if nothing has happened.
The anti-tank weapon was left at the scene.
Amsterdam police have a suspect in custody.
The identity of the suspect, and a motive for the attack are as of yet unknown.

Link? I’m incredulous at that because, well, how the heck does one get an anti tank weapon in a place like  the Netherlands.

I believe you, but this is like ‘screenshot or it never happened’ level.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #134962 on: June 22, 2018, 10:47:49 am »

The suspect in custody is a member of a relatively new biker gang, which the justice department is trying to outlaw.

https://www.volkskrant.nl/nieuws-achtergrond/leider-motorclub-opgepakt-voor-beschieten-kantoorpand-met-antitankwapen~b7a19bb3/
An anti-tank weapon making it to the Netherlands sadly does not surprise me.
You can smuggle everything ever since Schengen without fear of being caught. No border checks.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134963 on: June 22, 2018, 10:54:46 am »

How did they get ahold of an anti-tank weapon though? The most obvious would be military surplus, but you’d think they’d have some pretty stringent background checks for that kind of stuff.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #134964 on: June 22, 2018, 11:07:31 am »

the Schengen zone includes some countries where corruption and bribery of officials is still a thing

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #134965 on: June 22, 2018, 11:11:30 am »

Cinder, I have no idea what you're saying but it makes me feel safer and superior. Can I give you money and defend your words far past the point of reason?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134966 on: June 22, 2018, 11:23:50 am »

How did they get ahold of an anti-tank weapon though? The most obvious would be military surplus, but you’d think they’d have some pretty stringent background checks for that kind of stuff.

Old soviet weapon from east Europe maybe? Lots of weaponry floating about the black market from Soviet era equipment.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #134967 on: June 22, 2018, 11:31:03 am »

Funnily enough some months back a girl was arrested at the B&H-Croatia border, she was on a bus heading for somewhere in Germany in her luggage she had a fucking RPG. Not entirely sure what she was thinking there since it's not exactly an easy thing to conceal :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134968 on: June 22, 2018, 12:00:49 pm »

Anyhow, that building seems to have survived pretty well for getting hit with something meant to take out a tank. Kind of expected there to be more damage. 

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #134969 on: June 22, 2018, 12:03:00 pm »

Well HEAT stuff is usually a very focused jet of molted metal meant to go trough armor and cook anything behind it. As such most of the damage was probably the air blast of the explosion and some secondary burnination in a small area. If you want real damage to a building you use one of the HE variants which are designed for this kind of stuff.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 8996 8997 [8998] 8999 9000 ... 10980