Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8997 8998 [8999] 9000 9001 ... 10981

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13152702 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #134970 on: June 22, 2018, 12:50:07 pm »

Is there anything on that steam summer games thing stopping me from just sorta.... idling on the planet for a high chance of winning the games?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134971 on: June 22, 2018, 12:53:54 pm »

I got logged out of Bay12 on all devices, and my unread topics were marked as read.  Not a problem, just curious whether it happened to anyone else.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134972 on: June 22, 2018, 03:26:35 pm »

I was researching a guy on Reddit who kept making posts promoting his game and then deleting the post once it got any amount of slightly negative attention. That's not the WTF. It's weird but it happens.

The real WTF is the sentence I had to write when summarizing one of his threads.

Quote from: me
Wherein the creator thanks himself for complimenting him on his own game in a post on a sub that both of them moderate, removing comments that point this out

The guy whose comments were deleted is not me, but he is how I noticed a bit of a pattern of the creator interacting with his own alt.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #134973 on: June 22, 2018, 03:53:34 pm »

I got logged out of Bay12 on all devices, and my unread topics were marked as read.  Not a problem, just curious whether it happened to anyone else.

That happened to me once too. I figured either the cookies expired or my browser decided to delete them.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #134974 on: June 22, 2018, 05:16:09 pm »

Aligned myself with a team in the Steam "Saliens" event and suddenly the enemies are on speed.

Now it's harder for me to gain exp, and I can't even ditch the team.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 05:19:58 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134975 on: June 22, 2018, 06:46:09 pm »

Had a constant smell/taste of smoke in my sinuses all day. It's very irritating.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134976 on: June 22, 2018, 07:43:37 pm »

Erm... Editors. Dutch word 'redactie'
I thought that might have been the case. Makes a lot more sense than a whole office block housing just the redactions department, hehe.
Still exciting, though!

My wtf: not sure if I can be bothered looking through the conspiracy thread to see what happened. I think I shall just assume the combined minds of Bay12 came too close to some dark truth or other and were swiftly shut down by a shady international organisation.
I'm glad I had the sense to stay away.
* Yoink whips out a fresh roll of tinfoil and begins winding it around his cranium.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134977 on: June 22, 2018, 08:03:05 pm »

Seems like it resulted from one person who was diving too deep and was an actual serious conspiracy theorist and it just got too serious for peoples and hanslandas liking.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134978 on: June 22, 2018, 08:11:28 pm »

Seems like it resulted from one person who was diving too deep and was an actual serious conspiracy theorist and it just got too serious for peoples and hanslandas liking.
More like a poster who appears to be suffering from schizophrenia started posting about his persecutory delusions. There is really no right way to deal with such issues on a forum, so I think the OP made the right call.

Billy

• Bay Watcher
  • 2495 2837 1566
    • View Profile
« Reply #134979 on: June 22, 2018, 09:19:26 pm »

^
Yeah poor guy must be having a bad time.
Thanks for the max potions and the great balls Rolan7

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134980 on: June 22, 2018, 10:41:01 pm »

More like a poster who appears to be suffering from schizophrenia started posting about his persecutory delusions. There is really no right way to deal with such issues on a forum, so I think the OP made the right call.

This, yeah. I tried to help, but there's not much to be done, frankly.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #134981 on: June 23, 2018, 03:14:28 am »

This.  This is not the right place for therapy and feeding his delusions is even worse.

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134982 on: June 23, 2018, 04:04:23 am »

Oh FFS. I had just typed out a whole, almost-complete sheet+bio that I was really pleased with for an RTD, when I realised I'd been typing it in a new reply (from quoting the OP for the character sheet) instead of editing my reserve post.
No problem, I'll just copy the text, go back and paste it into the first message. But for some reason, the keyboard I was until recently using had the copy and paste buttons right next to each other. Oops, well, no biggie, I'll just-- wait. What. Where is the undo button? *frantic clicking* Oh my fucking gods. Are you serious? There isn't one. My keyboard does not have a fucking undo button. Did this product have no bloody QA whatsoever?! It's a fairly well-known, popular app, too!

I am honestly distraught. I was really stoked with what I'd written and now as always, I know if I try and replicate it it will no doubt come out as utter shit by comparison.
Besides, my present mood is now more suited for activities other than creative writing, such as, oh, I don't know, smashing my fucking phone against my skull until one or the other or preferably both of them break and oh fuck I am so angry I feel like I'm gonna give myself an aneurysm or some shit cunt fuck.

Anyone know any good android keyboards that won't make taking up self-immolation seem like a good idea?
Edit: or any stress-relief suggestions to help me calm tf down and attempt to get back into the right frame of mind for writing? Hell, even some vague commiseration would probably go a long way.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 04:12:57 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134983 on: June 23, 2018, 05:41:18 am »

Edit: or any stress-relief suggestions to help me calm tf down and attempt to get back into the right frame of mind for writing? Hell, even some vague commiseration would probably go a long way.
You could try debating. Maybe even debating many people at the same time. You'd be mass debating.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134984 on: June 23, 2018, 05:48:09 am »

That really sucks, losing writing. Total "man from Porlock" thing. Possibly an even closer analogy than most people, if you catch my drift heh heh...

Trying to write the same thing again won't be fun. You gotta use this as an opportunity to think about how you could have gone about writing something one better, and then try to do that.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 8997 8998 [8999] 9000 9001 ... 10981