Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8998 8999 [9000] 9001 9002 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13166492 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #134985 on: June 23, 2018, 08:42:29 am »

Thanks for the max potions and the great balls Rolan7
Hehe you said "max potions" lol XD

(To explain, Pokemon GO trading came out, and the level limit rapidly dropped to 10.  Billy is merely referring to the high-quality Pokeballs I sent him.  Almost definitely.)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #134986 on: June 23, 2018, 09:41:34 am »

https://news.sky.com/story/john-mcafee-anti-virus-software-pioneer-claims-enemies-tried-to-kill-him-11413955

ohh?  Im mobile and used a 3p app to view that article, so, disclaimer, idk how the site looks or acts...

Thanks for the max potions and the great balls Rolan7
Hehe you said "max potions" lol XD

(To explain, Pokemon GO trading came out, and the level limit rapidly dropped to 10.  Billy is merely referring to the high-quality Pokeballs I sent him.  Almost definitely.)
https://youtube.com/watch?v=_W-fIn2QZgg
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 09:43:41 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134987 on: June 23, 2018, 09:46:50 am »

Yeah, if you haven't heard, John McAfee is a bit of a "character".  There's a pretty chilling documentary about him, it's on Netflix.

Re: edit: I'd been trying to remember that song, thank you
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134988 on: June 23, 2018, 11:22:13 pm »

Ya know what sucks? Inside jokes that don't make sense anymore because everyone else who knew them are dead. Like c'mon guys. We go through all that effort of making a funny and now it just doesn't work. Ehhhh.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #134989 on: June 24, 2018, 12:49:05 am »

I still think McAfee is malware that somehow convinced legit businesses to distribute it.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134990 on: June 24, 2018, 05:50:46 am »

Was playing/watching some SS13, and commented on one of the lavaland ruins, a randomly-spawned preset location that looks like a bombed-out birthday party. The party room features a water cooler which, as I discovered does not in fact contain water... It contains an example of the strongest alcohol in the game, a booze that can take a person from completely sober to puke-yourself drunk in a single shotglass. Exactly what you'd want at a child's birthday party.

The comment I made was that the "bomb" that apparently destroyed the location was probably just a result of the condensed ethanol atmosphere (due to everyone drinking something that's approximately 4-5 times stronger than medical alcohol, because magic) reacting to the candles on little Timmy's birthday cake.

When I said this, one of the other players said that I'd just called little Timmy's planet shit, and that it wasn't very polite. I said that if you're shitting ethanol, you should probably contact a doctor.

This was met with "ethanol is just shit, so if you're shitting shit you should see a doctor?".

I don't really know what to make of that.

Billy

• Bay Watcher
  • 2495 2837 1566
    • View Profile
« Reply #134991 on: June 24, 2018, 07:27:02 am »

20 pinaps. Someone spoiled me...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134992 on: June 24, 2018, 07:30:05 am »

Nah I just hate pineapple. Except on pizza, of course.
I keep getting max revives, this is great. You gave me about 14 pokeballs which I really needed.
She/they

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134993 on: June 24, 2018, 09:03:57 am »

That really sucks, losing writing. Total "man from Porlock" thing. Possibly an even closer analogy than most people, if you catch my drift heh heh...

Trying to write the same thing again won't be fun. You gotta use this as an opportunity to think about how you could have gone about writing something one better, and then try to do that.
Thanks! I did end up re-writing it, but I gave myself plenty of time to calm down and didn't worry overmuch about having it resemble the original.

Also, I had to google "man from Porlock". That's really interesting... I had actually never bothered reading that poem before, because of its unfinished state, but it looks like it'd be well worth it anyway. I had a vague recollection of seeing it somewhere, dug out a poetry compilation I bought a while back and sure enough, it's in there.
Might read it tomorrow sometime. The brief snippets of his work I encountered on Wikipedia yesterday were impressive enough on their own!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134994 on: June 24, 2018, 06:23:38 pm »

For the past week there's been a spontaneous hour long t-storm daily.  When that's not happening its nuclear hot.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #134995 on: June 24, 2018, 08:12:19 pm »

I can no longer rate things up on Steam.

Something about not having the permissions or something along those lines.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #134996 on: June 24, 2018, 09:20:51 pm »

This is gonna be a somewhat bizarre question, but does anyone here have any experience with calculating population growth? I need to approximate the pop growth of some space dinosaurs over a ten-year period and I'm kinda unsure what percentages would be appropriate for the different species I have.

Asking here because it's a rather strange thing to be contemplating without context as to why, and I can't find a general science thread or anything.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134997 on: June 25, 2018, 06:16:02 am »

One of my IRL friends, who I shall not name here, plays Roblox. And he's 15. I'll probably end the friendship.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #134998 on: June 25, 2018, 06:21:41 am »

One of my IRL friends, who I shall not name here, plays Roblox. And he's 15. I'll probably end the friendship.
Is that such great a sin?

I get it that you're in the part of your life where you want to look "adult", but... adults, at least the ones without sticks up their backsides, enjoy plenty of of "kid stuff". Let the lad have his Roblox.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #134999 on: June 25, 2018, 06:31:34 am »

Depends on the activity, frankly.

That account, of the muslim who got sent off to document the norse (and the crazy horse-riding demons) because he (soundlessly) banged a lord's wife, tells it well enough.  The muslim wondered at how the norsemen could giggle and splash and play like children but then simultaneously design murderhuts and fight wars and create diplomacy.

Adults come in all flavors, and its not what you do not do that defines you as an adult, but what you do.

Do you take care of your family and provide value to them?
Do you plan for the future?
Do you recognize that some actions are not fit to perform towards people of equal stature?
Are you willing to admit that there are rules that you must obey, at least in the presence of the average person in your society?

Being an adult does not in any way mean you cannot do childish things, and in most cultures for most of history adults act in ways we today in a 1st world materialistic society would find odd, petulant, or even destructive.

P: hell, search youtube and talk to me about today's adults acting in a respectable manner.  If only the junkies, perverts, and manbabies would have the huge issue of 'only' indulging in escapist fantasy that is typed for children.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 06:34:32 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 8998 8999 [9000] 9001 9002 ... 10983