Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9019 9020 [9021] 9022 9023 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13189132 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #135300 on: July 07, 2018, 01:29:30 pm »

Do other people just have really small pockets or something?

From what I heard, women's pants offer no pockets at all.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135301 on: July 07, 2018, 01:31:25 pm »

However, phone thickness isn't really about pockets at all, it's because when they give a bunch of phones to people to use and ask them which are the most pleasant ones to use, the people say the thinner ones are better. People don't ask for thinner phones, but when they do product trials, people prefer them. Something slim is just easier to hold and use than a thick brick.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #135302 on: July 07, 2018, 01:34:00 pm »

Heavy rainfall and subsequent landslides in Japan has claimed dozens of lives. Most victims fell in Heroshima.
1.5 MILLION people have been forced by the government to evacuate their homes, and another 3.5 million have been strongly advised to do the same.
Holy shit that's a lot of people to provide emergency shelter for. Expect Japan to sink into economic crisis.
The rainfall is expected to last until sunday. The meteorological institute has declared state of emergency for various regions. Next to the rain and landslides, there's also typhoon strenght winds incoming and heavy thunderstorms.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135303 on: July 07, 2018, 02:53:00 pm »

Heavy rainfall and subsequent landslides in Japan has claimed dozens of lives. Most victims fell in Heroshima.
1.5 MILLION people have been forced by the government to evacuate their homes, and another 3.5 million have been strongly advised to do the same.
Holy shit that's a lot of people to provide emergency shelter for. Expect Japan to sink into economic crisis.
The rainfall is expected to last until sunday. The meteorological institute has declared state of emergency for various regions. Next to the rain and landslides, there's also typhoon strenght winds incoming and heavy thunderstorms.
Holy shit. D:

Do other people just have really small pockets or something?

From what I heard, women's pants offer no pockets at all.
Can confirm - some pants I've seen even offer fake pockets to trick you into thinking they aren't shit.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135304 on: July 07, 2018, 03:55:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135305 on: July 07, 2018, 04:37:35 pm »

Supervisor tried giving me shit for leaving 5 minutes early. Never mind that: I clocked in 11 minutes early this morning(I need the extra time to get shit done), punched out for lunch a minute late(which was supervisor's fault), clocked in after lunch 2-3 minutes early, my entire workload for the day was done, and the only work left to be done required at least 10 minutes to do, and I'd have been done with my workload early enough to do that if her little pet favorites could actually do their goddamned jobs. Not to mention that "5 minutes early" is still several minutes after several other people leave.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yeah, I hate those, I can never tell if they're supposed to be priced as "Jeans" or "Leggings" in our system.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #135306 on: July 07, 2018, 05:26:30 pm »

Wait, that's a thing? Sounds like tight jeans.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135307 on: July 07, 2018, 05:51:05 pm »

They're called Jeggings because they're "typically made of a cotton/spandex blend" rather than denim. According to Wikipedia, some are made with a both a fake fly and pockets. Some are a denim/spandex blend while others are just plain spandex, "decorated" to look like they're jeans.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135308 on: July 07, 2018, 07:27:55 pm »

They're called Jeggings because they're "typically made of a cotton/spandex blend" rather than denim. According to Wikipedia, some are made with a both a fake fly and pockets. Some are a denim/spandex blend while others are just plain spandex, "decorated" to look like they're jeans.
What the hell is the point of those. They are just shittier jeans.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135309 on: July 08, 2018, 12:56:36 am »

Lazy girls want the ease of leggings but to look like they took the time to put proper pants on.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135310 on: July 08, 2018, 02:45:09 am »

Yeah I assume it’s a “tight jeans are both uncomfortable and expensive”
Leggings stretch to accomodate all body shapes, denim pattern is just to look less trashy.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135311 on: July 08, 2018, 03:29:11 am »

Yeah I assume it’s a “tight jeans are both uncomfortable and expensive”
Leggings stretch to accomodate all body shapes, denim pattern is just to look less trashy.
Eh. In my opinion, the denim-patterned leggings look worse than the normal ones. The pattern doesn't match up properly, looks weird.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135312 on: July 08, 2018, 04:54:25 am »

Maybe I didn't imply this strongly enough in my last post on the subject, but jeggings are an abomination. They're usually a heavier material than actual leggings, with fake pockets etc to make them seem more legit.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #135313 on: July 08, 2018, 04:55:50 am »

So, I've opened YouTube this morning to see that it suddenly has the old good design. I was like, "Wow, YouTube suddenly listened to the users complaining about how shit the current UI is? That's awesome!" My happiness didn't last long, however, as I closed Firefox for a minute, then when I opened YouTube again, it has returned to the current crappy design.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135314 on: July 08, 2018, 05:48:51 am »

That reminds me, has anyone noticed that the left margin on the video & comments is gone in YouTube? It's annoying and looks weird as hell. In fact, is that what you're talking about, CABL?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.
Pages: 1 ... 9019 9020 [9021] 9022 9023 ... 10983