Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9052 9053 [9054] 9055 9056 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13183450 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #135796 on: July 20, 2018, 06:54:19 pm »

I don't think that's personalized, since I've got the exact same list. In fact I'm pretty sure "New and Trending" means more-or-less the same as "Popular new releases".

Also, I think you're also confusing "anime" and "hentai".
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #135797 on: July 20, 2018, 06:57:09 pm »

TLDR: Valve thinks I'm a pervert and an edgelord

Valve also thinks the same thing about me, but it's probably fully correct. Of the three games on your front page there, I've wishlisted the one that's edgiest. >.>
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135798 on: July 20, 2018, 07:33:15 pm »

I don't think that's personalized, since I've got the exact same list. In fact I'm pretty sure "New and Trending" means more-or-less the same as "Popular new releases".

Popular new releases is still around, just more hidden. They're pretty similar but notice the complete absence of anime games there(see edit). As for the hentai comparison, Mary Skelter seems to be a more traditional video game.

FAKE EDIT: Bizarre. I just refreshed the popular new releases list and one of the anime games appeared. I still have the old page in a separate tab and I can compare them side by side. It definitely wasn't there before.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135799 on: July 20, 2018, 08:23:32 pm »

I don't just outright wig right out to left field as a general rule but WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT

Yumble, the meal kit for your children. 67$ for a week of food, including things like a goddam hot pocket """Pizza Empinada""" or some spaghetti or an egg with some cheese sprinkled on it I shit you not.

Spoiler: disclaimer (click to show/hide)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #135800 on: July 20, 2018, 08:30:58 pm »

What is this thing with the multiple quotation marks on something questionable?

I mean, in the Terry Pratchett (GNU) book The Hogfather, one of the characters mentions that the truly mad use 5 exclamation marks, is it this same kind of thing? The number of quotation marks is some signifier of your mental anguish/stability?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #135801 on: July 20, 2018, 08:42:56 pm »

Popular new releases is still around, just more hidden. They're pretty similar but notice the complete absence of anime games there(see edit). As for the hentai comparison, Mary Skelter seems to be a more traditional video game.

Mary Skelter isn't hentai, but it's still a pretty skeevy game. For example, a game mechanic has your harem of edgy fairy tale waifus licking the blood off of each other to power up. It gets worse from there.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135802 on: July 20, 2018, 08:45:14 pm »

What is this thing with the multiple quotation marks on something questionable?

I mean, in the Terry Pratchett (GNU) book The Hogfather, one of the characters mentions that the truly mad use 5 exclamation marks, is it this same kind of thing? The number of quotation marks is some signifier of your mental anguish/stability?
I wanted to emphasize really exaggerated finger quotes, and since I can't literally write with this gif as a font...

...I improvised.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #135803 on: July 20, 2018, 08:46:53 pm »

I’m curious about the origins, since I’ve seen it around.

It’s an odd emphasis thing, is all.

You should just have that gif on both sides in place of the quotation marks I think :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #135804 on: July 20, 2018, 09:15:59 pm »

I wanted to emphasize really exaggerated finger quotes, and since I can't literally write with this gif as a font...

some others I like:
Spoiler: facepalm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: shrug (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: applause (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: youre killing me (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #135805 on: July 20, 2018, 09:58:55 pm »

It is getting very Something Awful in here.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #135806 on: July 20, 2018, 10:28:44 pm »

It is getting very Something Awful in here.

Are there stairs in your house?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135807 on: July 20, 2018, 10:34:26 pm »

Mary Skelter isn't hentai, but it's still a pretty skeevy game. For example, a game mechanic has your harem of edgy fairy tale waifus licking the blood off of each other to power up. It gets worse from there.

EDITED: The reason for the issue isn't that "anime" style games are skeevy: it's that skeevy anime-styled things are disproportionately popular in the West. For example, one of the big recent releases was Ni No Kuni 2. It clearly had a ton more money spent on it compared to the 'trending' "Treasure Hunter Claire", which amounts to nothing more than Zelda with some still images of girls with big boobs.

Same thing happens with manga. There's a top-50 weekly manga sales chart from Japan, and if you look at that there are very few "smut" mangas that, yet 1-2 of those always get in the NYTimes top 10 Best Seller List for manga. Most of the "skeevy Japanese stuff" that's popular in the West isn't even known about by the majority Japanese anime fans.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 11:09:17 pm by Reelya »

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135808 on: July 20, 2018, 11:01:06 pm »

Probably also cultural differences. Stuff that would be considered lewd here can be considered comedic there. Totally different moral culture surrounding that kind of stuff.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135809 on: July 20, 2018, 11:20:11 pm »

It's not just that, the types of genre that get to the top of sales charts are different.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 11:33:04 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 9052 9053 [9054] 9055 9056 ... 10983