Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9052 9053 [9054] 9055 9056 ... 9933

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 6156579 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #135795 on: July 26, 2018, 08:23:14 am »

Yeah, I just set up a few groups to remind myself how I know people.  RL, L4D2 (back when I played versus a lot), Bay12...
Not that I'm ever online, anymore.  There are a couple of people I *really* don't want to talk to, or broadcast my activity to, but I don't want to block them either.
The only thing that's really annoyed me about the Steam update is that it switched back on the showing of whatever I'm doing at the time(something I'd rather not broadcast) without telling me.
Same.  And even in "offline" chat-mode, it still insists on racking up your "time played" stats on your profile.  You have to "go offline" (COMPLETELY different, obviously), which disables a lot of Steam's other features as well.

Most obviously useful for playing animes, but also I leave games running minimized a lot while I take care of other things, even overnight by accident.  So I have vastly exaggerated playtime stats, and I care a whole lot more about that than I do about "achievement walls" or "wallpaper".

They already detect "idle" and even "asleep", how hard would it be to stop ticking up gametime??  But that's not in their business interest, is it.

You can set who to show times played in the options somewhere. I happened upon that setting just a few weeks ago.

The one thing Kagus's posts have told me is that Norway is a bland culinary hellscape, where spice and seasoning is just a fleeting mirage in a desert of tasteless food

It's not true though (even besides the obvious exaggeration for humour). Nordic food just tends to focus on sweet and sour flavours. See, for example, Swedish habit if putting lingonberry jam with absolutely everything.

Kagus just seem to be suffering from a gustatory deficiency where he has grown incapable of tasting the five actual flavours, and only considers something to have taste if it is spicy - not as in spiced and full of flavour, but as in hot.

In many ways this is similar to a cocaine addict who has taken to the habit of putting coca in his food, but then when he eats normal food he says "bleh this food isn't spicy" when he actually means "this food doesn't get me high".

Also lots of potatoes. Occasionally with black pepper.

God no, are you mad? Only salted. Lightly salted.

It's Lutefisk for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Fun thing, lutefisk smells like a ripe fart before it's finished baking, and it's traditionally served with aquavit... Which is a schnapps-type-thing where they put every spice left over from not using them anywhere else. It's potent stuff.

Love, scriver~

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135796 on: July 26, 2018, 08:29:17 am »

I'm getting an odd urge to go play through Dungeons of Dredmor again...

Anyway, the reason I came here. I was reminded of this Shadowrun trailer from 1990. Everything about it. The wardrobe. The crotch-level guns. The crabwalking down alleys. WTF.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 12:12:20 pm by Mephisto »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135797 on: July 26, 2018, 10:58:27 am »

You're out by almost a decade, it's 1990 not 98. Oh you millennials, there was a time before the mid-1990s you know ;)

I'm guessing you missed how "80s" that video actually is, rather than "90s".

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135798 on: July 26, 2018, 11:03:40 am »

Millenials are those from the 80s onwards
I recently became a objectivist, I am reasonably certain that means all my opinions are now universal fact.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #135799 on: July 26, 2018, 11:05:29 am »

You're out by almost a decade, it's 1990 not 98. Oh you millennials, there was a time before the mid-1990s you know ;)

To be fair, I could tell you what "80s" is.  I could not give you a succinct summary of what "90s" is.  Aside from awful clothing.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135800 on: July 26, 2018, 11:10:21 am »

Millenials are those from the 80s onwards

They were born from 1980 onwards. The oldest millennial would have been 15 in 1995. the *average* millenial was 15 around year 2000 or so. Typical millenials are *aware* of stuff from the mid 1990s onwards mostly. Being born at a specific time doesn't give you much actual knowledge of that time. What's the typical pop-culture awareness of a 7 year old like?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 11:13:03 am by Reelya »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody cared who I was until I found Sub-Wikis
    • View Profile
« Reply #135801 on: July 26, 2018, 11:13:43 am »

The early 90s ceased to exist after Vanilla Ice made a pact with Satan and released Ice Ice Baby upon humanity, resulting in a restructuring of reality that removed the USSR from the timeline.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135802 on: July 26, 2018, 11:15:16 am »

The early 90s ceased to exist after Vanilla Ice made a pact with Satan and released Ice Ice Baby upon humanity, resulting in a restructuring of reality that removed the USSR from the timeline.

On a similar note, you're not a millennial if you're old enough to remember "Milli Vanilli" from before they became so hated.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #135803 on: July 26, 2018, 11:18:02 am »

Does that make you a milli vanillial
Love, scriver~

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135804 on: July 26, 2018, 12:13:07 pm »

So this is what happens when I typo a year. Got it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Awake, Impure, Divine
    • View Profile
« Reply #135805 on: July 26, 2018, 12:49:40 pm »

I was born in 1997 so [citation needed]
Only innocent thoughts here. :3

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #135806 on: July 26, 2018, 01:47:47 pm »

Hey now, we all know the universe began when I woke up this morning.
Raise the white flag and don't give up.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #135807 on: July 26, 2018, 02:46:15 pm »

Go back to bed this universe sucks
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #135808 on: July 26, 2018, 02:50:06 pm »

Go back to bed this universe sucks

+1
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135809 on: July 26, 2018, 03:02:11 pm »

Hey now, this universe has videogames, it could be worse we could all be giant praying mantises with no understanding of how AWESOME that would be. (I mean blade arms? Yes please)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 9052 9053 [9054] 9055 9056 ... 9933