Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9067 9068 [9069] 9070 9071 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13171950 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136020 on: July 27, 2018, 06:49:05 am »

There's... someone testing out their car horn in the parking lot, at 7:45AM?  It's weirdly not obnoxious, though, they're doing sequences of very short BEPs instead of long tones.  I wonder if it's a message?  Certainly not Morse.  Ah, I think they finished.
A millennial is just anyone who cripples themselves financially by dining frequently on restaurant-grade avocado toast.
My actual-millenial friends and I accidentally went to a decent restaurant for breakfast on the beach trip, and I got a huge slice of avocado beside my veggie omelette.  I had forgotten just how rich and delicious it naturally is, especially with a little lime and seasoning.  I used to just buy them to eat plain, but they're expensive to eat in a sitting and yet don't keep very well...

Guess I could be less lazy and just guacomole/refrigerate the unused portion...  Maybe pan-fry some bread...  I still have no idea whether I'm a millennial or not, except that my friend group mostly is.  I'm okay with that.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #136021 on: July 27, 2018, 06:52:08 am »

My rule of thumb is that if you're adept at modern tech and are poor then you're a millennial. Even if you're middle-aged, you're still an honorary millennial if you're poor.

...I guess that makes me not a millennial though.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #136022 on: July 27, 2018, 06:55:57 am »

Re: Millenials. From what I know, the oldest Millenials are from 1996. So if you're a 90s kid from before that you too can take pride in being a blight to society!

Also, original Dragonball (not DBZ) was excellent.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136023 on: July 27, 2018, 07:01:04 am »

Today's WTF: My own damn brain.

Reading a BBC article, when one of the side story links caught my eye. Something about an outbreak of some disease in Australia, with a picture of two hands with the palms covered in warts/blisters.

Naturally, my brain automatically concluded "Aha! Masturbation!". After a minor internal chuckle at my own extreme cleverness with that witty comedic observation, I reread the article title: "The outbreak killing babies in Australia".

FUCK.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136024 on: July 27, 2018, 07:06:53 am »

Today's WTF: My own damn brain.

Reading a BBC article, when one of the side story links caught my eye. Something about an outbreak of some disease in Australia, with a picture of two hands with the palms covered in warts/blisters.

Naturally, my brain automatically concluded "Aha! Masturbation!". After a minor internal chuckle at my own extreme cleverness with that witty comedic observation, I reread the article title: "The outbreak killing babies in Australia".

FUCK.

If you're Catholic enough, every masturbation -does- kill babies.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #136025 on: July 27, 2018, 07:28:47 am »

My rule of thumb is that if you're adept at modern tech and are poor then you're a millennial. Even if you're middle-aged, you're still an honorary millennial if you're poor.

What if you are adept at modern tech but doing OK?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136026 on: July 27, 2018, 07:37:02 am »

I was born in 2001, what generation am I part of?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #136027 on: July 27, 2018, 07:37:46 am »

You are a degenerate Z'er who never heard a dialup modem go at it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136028 on: July 27, 2018, 07:41:54 am »

I remember a friend telling about their toddler once upon a time. A part had come off the printer, and she picks it up, holds it out and goes " 'pooter bit"

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #136029 on: July 27, 2018, 07:48:16 am »

You are a degenerate Z'er who never heard a dialup modem go at it.

I'm confused as to what generation I'm in, but I've used modem once. Also, you caused PTSD flashback by mentioning word "modem". Fucking things disconnected CONSTANTLY and had insanely expensive tariffs, even for pre-2014 Russia.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #136030 on: July 27, 2018, 07:48:27 am »

Just remember that due to capitalism and our culture of greed you are basically always poor unless you can afford a personal island and be a supervillain.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136031 on: July 27, 2018, 08:00:08 am »

Just remember that due to capitalism and our culture of greed you are basically always poor unless you can afford a personal island and be a supervillain.

According to the internet, this means you're officially not poor if you can acquire a new mid-size car.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136032 on: July 27, 2018, 08:18:24 am »

According to the internet, this means you're officially not poor if you can acquire a new mid-size car.
Seems about right, actually.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136033 on: July 27, 2018, 09:32:06 am »

Look at moneybags over here with his new mid-sized car
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136034 on: July 27, 2018, 09:42:09 am »

You're reasonably well-to-do if you can feed your family and get a new mid-sized car.

If you're poor, it's mid or feed.
Pages: 1 ... 9067 9068 [9069] 9070 9071 ... 10983