Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9111 9112 [9113] 9114 9115 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13183869 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136680 on: August 11, 2018, 01:00:01 am »

These people were accused of murdering the children and using necromancy to revive them. The Satanic Panic was utterly insane.

Yeah ... though the main point is that they weren't just accused, they were convicted and spent 22 years in prison, and were only finally exonerated in 2017 of being satanic abusers. Which makes the point that while we think of it as a funny 80s thing, it's a serious issue and is still messing up people's lives.

I'm sure quite a few suicides blamed on "D&D" were actually caused by having insane fundamentalist parents.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 01:02:40 am by Reelya »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #136681 on: August 11, 2018, 08:23:01 am »

The time in my house is 8:20.

The time in Austin Texas, at the time of this writing, is, according to Google, 8:20.

Discord seemed to think the time was 9:20 'cause windows set the time zone incorrectly automatically.

Things like this make me wonder if the developers ever test their software before releasing it.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136682 on: August 11, 2018, 09:17:08 am »

Sometimes I am tempted to make accounts in places solely to tell people how wrong they are, but I talk myself out of it, since in the end they will not care. Without going into details, it just amazes me how deep in dumb denial people can be.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #136683 on: August 11, 2018, 09:37:16 am »

Every time I read something on reddit. Every time.
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #136684 on: August 11, 2018, 09:51:08 am »

Y'know, that reminds me of a story about a hunter and a bear. It's much wordier but the summary is thus:

Hunter sets out to hunt bear, finds bear, bear forcibly performs foul sexual acts on him, sends him on his way.

Hunter guns up, sets out for revenge, bear forces him to perform foul sexual acts again, sends hunter on his way again.

Hunter upguns again, hunts down the bear again, bear asks hunter what hunter is really there for, because it's starting to look likely the hunter isn't there to hunt anymore. The end.

Reddit would appear to be the bear for you.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136685 on: August 11, 2018, 10:17:39 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:17:30 pm by dragdeler »
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #136686 on: August 11, 2018, 10:49:16 am »

I find reddit harmless compared to the reactionary black holes that are newspaper comment sections.

I mean. I don't read those.
Love, scriver~

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #136687 on: August 11, 2018, 11:45:58 am »

Most of them sort from oldest to newest, and the first few comments are from bots because no one else is fast enough.  I don't know if the bigger newspapers moderate their comment sections but the smaller ones most definitely do not.

The exception is the Yahoo comment sections.  The Yahoo comment section is awful because its yahoo.com
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136688 on: August 11, 2018, 12:10:08 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:17:15 pm by dragdeler »
let

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136689 on: August 11, 2018, 03:48:06 pm »

The weird, meta dreams I just had made me WTF today.
It's unusual for me to have dreams that connect to one another after I've woken up between them, but even stranger to have a dream in the same setting where I try to tell someone about my earlier dream in the same setting.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136690 on: August 11, 2018, 04:52:05 pm »

Sometimes I am tempted to make accounts in places solely to tell people how wrong they are, but I talk myself out of it, since in the end they will not care. Without going into details, it just amazes me how deep in dumb denial people can be.
I actually made a profile on and joined one of my first forums precisely for this reason. It was the forum for a Half-Life 2 mod, and one of the playable character types was equipped with a "bearded axe". Except it clearly wasn't a bearded axe, it was a wedge axe. It didn't possess the iconic "beard" of a bearded axe, which was half the point because the character was Norse and they were trying to pull in authenticity because the vikings famously used bearding on their axes.

So I made a profile, contact one of the admins about the issue, and was promptly told that it was "bearded enough", because the wedge kinda flared out a bit at the end.

And that's how I got stuck on a shithole forum with some truly interesting dregs of humanity. Y'know the whole excision of the superfluous Various Nonsense board on Bay 12? Well, the other forum's VN-equivalent was trying even harder to be /b/, and when it got shitcanned a bunch of people legitimately just up and reincarnated it as a new sister website and sank even deeper into the hole.

My one real positive takeaway was that I managed to annoy and irritate one of the sovereign princes of shitlordia to the point where he admitted to having nightmares about me.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136691 on: August 11, 2018, 06:24:35 pm »

Where the Water Tastes Like Wine is a game about storytelling, which means it is unsurprisingly heavy on the dialogue.

What I want to know is, why oh why did they use such crappy VA for the main narrator, whose voice you presumably have to put up with for most of the game?
Ugh. More like 'where the water sounds like whine...'
Booze is Life for Yoink

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136692 on: August 11, 2018, 06:37:40 pm »

My favorite "narrator" was Gary Gygax in DDO.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136693 on: August 11, 2018, 07:29:01 pm »

I actually made a profile on and joined one of my first forums precisely for this reason. It was the forum for a Half-Life 2 mod, and one of the playable character types was equipped with a "bearded axe". Except it clearly wasn't a bearded axe, it was a wedge axe. It didn't possess the iconic "beard" of a bearded axe, which was half the point because the character was Norse and they were trying to pull in authenticity because the vikings famously used bearding on their axes.

So I made a profile, contact one of the admins about the issue, and was promptly told that it was "bearded enough", because the wedge kinda flared out a bit at the end.

And that's how I got stuck on a shithole forum with some truly interesting dregs of humanity. Y'know the whole excision of the superfluous Various Nonsense board on Bay 12? Well, the other forum's VN-equivalent was trying even harder to be /b/, and when it got shitcanned a bunch of people legitimately just up and reincarnated it as a new sister website and sank even deeper into the hole.

My one real positive takeaway was that I managed to annoy and irritate one of the sovereign princes of shitlordia to the point where he admitted to having nightmares about me.

Honestly not even sure why you'd need to make an account to tell people that they're wrong about something, assuming that you're not also insulting their mother while you're at it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136694 on: August 11, 2018, 07:53:18 pm »

My phone says it's three degrees, Google says it's eleven.
Does my phone have a built-in thermometer? Is that a normal thing? O.o
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 9111 9112 [9113] 9114 9115 ... 10983