Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9119 9120 [9121] 9122 9123 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13000182 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136800 on: August 15, 2018, 05:24:58 pm »

"Good Sir Drevin! Let's ride the catapult one more time - pleeease?"
Figured out later it was less catapult and more cannon, but... basically while the MC isn't quite enthused about being literally shot at the enemy's forces, the folks around him sodding love it and the asgard forces in general seem to like using artillery as a means of transportation. So yeah, that's the sort of reaction being encountered.

There's been basically the people!mortar I mistook for a catapult they use for short-ish distance stuff as well as multi-mile range people!artillery they use for rapid transport of smaller forces. The MC is mildly terrified every time they mention a means of transit he doesn't recognize, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136801 on: August 15, 2018, 05:25:04 pm »

Update: Drank caffeine, migraine gone in 5 minutes.

Uh oh.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #136802 on: August 15, 2018, 05:27:56 pm »

Could have been dehydration, could have just been general headache things -- caffeine is known to help alleviate them for some reason I've forgotten.

... could have been withdrawal, too, if you're trying to quit. Headaches can result for a few days/weeks. They stop, eventually, if it's what is actually causing it.
Ask not!
Ask!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136803 on: August 15, 2018, 05:28:53 pm »

Uh oh.
Ohshi-
Yeah uh, obvious conclusion is obvious.  You know what you need to do- gradually can work, though.

Gods, I love the caffeine rush when I do take it.  It ruins my sleep schedule and skews my brain, especially if I mix even a little alcohol into it, but it's a good rush.
I'm well fucked if I ever take an *actual* accelerant, heh.  But I'm happy with this, and my blessedly low tolerance.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136804 on: August 15, 2018, 05:37:38 pm »

I have a two year old, a night time job where I get home at 11pm/12am, and a wife that works the overnight. All of my days off involve some manner of activity for my little guy that happens at like 9/10am.

All of which is to say, I absolutely have a caffeine thing. :3

Gradually is the way to go, I suppose.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136805 on: August 15, 2018, 05:38:14 pm »

Uh oh.
Welcome to the club.

I suggest caffeine every 12 hours.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #136806 on: August 15, 2018, 05:48:40 pm »

Or just getting off it entirely. Least personally, I saw a noticeable increase in general energy once I did, even with a schedule that would regularly say hello to four in the morning. Could have been as much 'cause I was getting it primarily from soda as the caffeine itself, in retrospect, but eh.

Towards the point I said enough, drinking the stuff generally just made me kinda' miserable in exchange for a minor degree of normalcy, rather than any particular boost. Keep needing to look into decaf/uncaf teas, though. I miss tea. Though not sweat tea or its ilk. Never have liked the stuff. Can drink it, but give me a nice hot tea over it any day...
Ask not!
Ask!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136807 on: August 15, 2018, 05:54:51 pm »

A while back, my grandmother had read something about the health benefits of cutting back on your caffeine intake. She was startled to find that avoiding coffee for a day gave her pounding, throbbing headaches.

I mean, it's not like the woman empties 2-3 pots a day by herself, oh no...

Anyways, yeah. Try and slowly reduce/space out your intake, but considering your lifestyle... Just make sure you're not stressing yourself out more by weaning yourself than by just having the damn cuppa. Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Though not sweat tea or its ilk.
...EW.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #136808 on: August 15, 2018, 06:07:03 pm »

Goddamn autocorrupt doing its magic again. Sweet, machine. The word was sweet.
Ask not!
Ask!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136809 on: August 15, 2018, 06:24:11 pm »

One of my front line CS reps was told that they are evil and are going to hell.

This was because they would not drive to NYC personally (we are maybe 500 miles away) to bring her what she wanted. Old people are a fount of comedy in this biz.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136810 on: August 15, 2018, 06:35:48 pm »

This was because they would not drive to NYC personally (we are maybe 500 miles away) to bring her what she wanted. Old people are a fount of comedy in this biz.
I read CS as "Counter-Strike". Figured "Yeah, 'evil and going to hell' sounds familiar".

I've got to get up early-ish tomorrow. It's currently 1:28 AM, because I kinda need to wait for the other person to finish doing... Whatever she was doing, since otherwise all the lights are going to be on and things are going to be happening, neither of which are conducive to sleep.

So now she's in the bathroom, and has been in there for a little over half an hour now, and I'm just hoping it's not another 1 1/2 to 2 hour sit-down while I wait for her to finish up, because my toothbrush is in there.

I'm feeling spiteful enough to mention again that she will happily start sniping at me around the 10 PM mark if she wants to go to bed and I'm caught up with doing something. And yes, she's set to go to work at the same time tomorrow as any other day.

Aha, a flush! Looks like we managed to get away with just 40 minutes on the loo this time... Then she just needs to tell me another short story about how she tried to poop but nothing came out, then get done walking the dogs, then she'll get ready for bed and I can maybe start the process that sometimes leads to sleep. Bonus points if she mishears me for the third time and thinks I need to brush my teeth after her, so she leaves the hallway light on and I need to get up to turn it off.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #136811 on: August 15, 2018, 06:38:36 pm »

Isn't this the plot of that one horror film?

Where like an IRS agent got consigned to hell because an old woman is way too petty about shit and blaming the wrong person for it and Satan is just too happy to oblige.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #136812 on: August 15, 2018, 06:46:24 pm »

actually working for the IRS is a sin in itself, so there was no getting out of that.

I had an elderly customer, apparently someone in a position in the local county government, complain and declare he does not like me, based on the fact that I have to enforce regulations for dispensing propane only in tanks that are properly certified and guaranteed not to explode. And his tanks were expired. How horrible!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 06:48:49 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #136813 on: August 15, 2018, 06:48:46 pm »

actually working for the IRS is a sin in itself, so there was no getting out of that.
I heard that the IRS was instrumental in ending Lucifer's rebellion when it was found out he didn't pay the prayer tax to God though.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #136814 on: August 15, 2018, 08:06:35 pm »

Idle nightmare/absurdity fuel: Derr Nibble Lung In. The tale of an idiot but betoothed pair of lungs slowly chewing on the insides of a person's body.

Presumably the nerve damage involved somehow makes the victim hallucinate Wagner.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 09:09:48 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 9119 9120 [9121] 9122 9123 ... 10974