Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9120 9121 [9122] 9123 9124 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13144914 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136815 on: August 15, 2018, 09:00:33 pm »

Idle nightmare/absurdity fuel: Derr Nibble Lung In. The tale of an idiot but bethoothed pair of lungs slowly chewing on the insides of a person's body.

Presumably the nerve damage involved somehow makes the victim hallucinate Wagner.

An oddly unnerving German PSA about the dangers of smoking
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136816 on: August 15, 2018, 09:45:33 pm »

I read the wiki page for Torjborn, and his turret is basically the same thing as the Engineer's sentry, I knew about the whole rip-off discussion, but man those things are nearly the same thing

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136817 on: August 15, 2018, 09:46:08 pm »

Idle nightmare/absurdity fuel: Derr Nibble Lung In. The tale of an idiot but bethoothed pair of lungs slowly chewing on the insides of a person's body.

Presumably the nerve damage involved somehow makes the victim hallucinate Wagner.

Ooh, you should see the rather bloody forklift safety video. If you don't mind actual gore. :O
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136818 on: August 15, 2018, 09:55:05 pm »

Ooh, you should see the rather bloody forklift safety video. If you don't mind actual gore. :O

heh, I have witnessed that
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136819 on: August 15, 2018, 10:00:26 pm »

I kept thinking it was "staplehauser" Klaus for some reason??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oB6DN5dYWo

Edit:  I was thinking "Stapler Fahrer Klaus".
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 10:02:11 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136820 on: August 16, 2018, 06:31:06 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:20:13 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136821 on: August 16, 2018, 06:39:32 am »

Been finding weird stickers around the neighborhood again. There was a "Nigger Crossing, speed limit 190" sticker attached to an electrical box just behind my block (dumbasses just slapped it on top of the paint though, so it was pretty easy to peel off), and I just walked past a road sign with a "Trump 2020" campaign sticker on it.

Like, dude, we're in Norway. The hell is going on?

lol you guys know stapelfahrer klaus?!?!
Hell yeah man, that clip made its rounds all around the world. Good stuff.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136822 on: August 16, 2018, 06:46:36 am »

Well, I went to my jury duty and it was a ... disturbing experience. Let's just say it involved religion and children ... in the precise way you hope it doesn't. I didn't get selected, but I don't really envy those who did. Give me a nice simple serial killer or something, any day.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 06:50:19 am by Reelya »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136823 on: August 16, 2018, 06:52:36 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:20:06 pm by dragdeler »
let

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136824 on: August 16, 2018, 07:22:37 am »

One of my front line CS reps was told that they are evil and are going to hell.

This was because they would not drive to NYC personally (we are maybe 500 miles away) to bring her what she wanted. Old people are a fount of comedy in this biz.
I read CS as "Counter-Strike". Figured "Yeah, 'evil and going to hell' sounds familiar".

I read it as CCS (Conservative Crime Squad) first, though this links to something I was going to mention anyway - I learnt WTF before FTW, and even now I translated FTW as Fuck The What.  Further, this morning I was behind a vehicle with the end reg HSF. I translated it first as Happy Stuff Fun, and then as Happy Sun Fluff.

It's amazing how the human brain does or doesn't work.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #136825 on: August 16, 2018, 09:17:15 am »

A dude I follow on FB is a 3d modeller and designer, fairly good at it, has won competitions before, has a book in the works, all that jazz. He applied to compete in the Zbrush summit in LA for their live sculpt-off thingy.

Since he's from Serbia he needs a Visa, so he went to the embassy to apply for one. He got rejected pretty much immediately, the reasoning the lady gave him was this: "Your profession is in Los Angeles, centralised - a lot of jobs etc - why would u come back - there is no point with your high qualifications and money you can earn there. Unfortuantly i will have to decline"

Let's ignore that his job is kinda high-profile and not something you can really do illegaly and consider that they're refusing him because there's a risk that an educated and highly qualified individual might enter their workforce.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136826 on: August 16, 2018, 09:22:14 am »

Let's ignore that his job is kinda high-profile and not something you can really do illegaly and consider that they're refusing him because there's a risk that an educated and highly qualified individual might enter their workforce.

A suspicious mind is a healthy mind.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136827 on: August 16, 2018, 09:31:48 am »

A dude I follow on FB is a 3d modeller and designer, fairly good at it, has won competitions before, has a book in the works, all that jazz. He applied to compete in the Zbrush summit in LA for their live sculpt-off thingy.

Since he's from Serbia he needs a Visa, so he went to the embassy to apply for one. He got rejected pretty much immediately, the reasoning the lady gave him was this: "Your profession is in Los Angeles, centralised - a lot of jobs etc - why would u come back - there is no point with your high qualifications and money you can earn there. Unfortuantly i will have to decline"

So Serbia basically just keeps its best and brightest imprisoned and unable to leave the country?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #136828 on: August 16, 2018, 09:47:17 am »

Other way around, the US doesn't want the best and brightest coming in and potentially staying. Serbia has nothing to do with the US issuing visas to its citizens.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136829 on: August 16, 2018, 09:50:27 am »

So Serbia basically just keeps its best and brightest imprisoned and unable to leave the country?
You are thinking of Venezuela... or North Korea perhaps.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 9120 9121 [9122] 9123 9124 ... 10980