Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9128 9129 [9130] 9131 9132 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13201860 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136935 on: August 18, 2018, 05:18:13 pm »

Wasn't that french made? I remember a lot of pretty damn good french cartoons in my childhood, highlander being one of them.

Highlander: The Search for Vengeance (2007) is the anime.There was a 1990s Canadian/French/American cartoon series too.

The anime is a feature film however, not a series.

Oh that one, yeah I remember that one too. It was certainly pretty but I was kinda put off by how many anime tropes it had.

Yeah, it wasn't really a favorite of mine either. It's not up with the great anime films. (Of which I'll recommend a small number: Redline, Toyko Godfathers, and Mind Game).

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #136936 on: August 18, 2018, 07:17:05 pm »

Wasn't that french made? I remember a lot of pretty damn good french cartoons in my childhood, highlander being one of them.

Highlander: The Search for Vengeance (2007) is the anime.There was a 1990s Canadian/French/American cartoon series too.

Oh that one, yeah I remember that one too. It was certainly pretty but I was kinda put off by how many anime tropes it had.

Yeah, it wasn't really a favorite of mine either. It's not up with the great anime films. (Of which I'll recommend a small number: Redline, Toyko Godfathers, and Mind Game).

Pokémon the First Movie.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136937 on: August 18, 2018, 07:25:07 pm »

Hell let's just watch shitcom. Best anime movie.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136938 on: August 19, 2018, 04:42:51 am »

Redline was dumb as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #136939 on: August 19, 2018, 05:20:44 am »

I have Tarantula Hawk Wasps breeding in the door frame of my front fucking door. I have picture proof for later but I watched what was presumably a female dragging a quite large wolf spider up the door and into the topmost weather stripping.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136940 on: August 19, 2018, 05:25:42 am »

Why haven't you bugspray them already? Or dunno, use a shotgun or something. What if they sting your children.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136941 on: August 19, 2018, 05:40:53 am »

Why haven't you bugspray them already? Or dunno, use a shotgun or something. What if they sting your children.
Bug Spray = Shotgun.

:0

But yeah, Hans you should get some raid at least.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #136942 on: August 19, 2018, 06:11:47 am »

Hanzel dear, your wife and you literally got a tool to prevent home intruders like a week or two ago :P

But seriously, if the queen is still out and working that means (if it's the same as more common bees or wasps I read about earlier this year) that the hive is still very new as she hasn't plopped out enough workers to handle the food gathering yet. Which is probably a good thing for you.

Also, I just realised that wasp queens literally live a 4x strategy game. Just imagine the horror of the constant "Not enough workers, my lady" and "Need more hexagons, my lady" spam.

Edit: in related news, I was just struck by a great strategy game idea.
Love, scriver~

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136943 on: August 19, 2018, 06:22:57 am »

Hanzel dear, your wife and you literally got a tool to prevent home intruders like a week or two ago :P

But seriously, if the queen is still out and working that means (if it's the same as more common bees or wasps I read about earlier this year) that the hive is still very new as she hasn't plopped out enough workers to handle the food gathering yet. Which is probably a good thing for you.

Also, I just realised that wasp queens literally live a 4x strategy game. Just imagine the horror of the constant "Not enough workers, my lady" and "Need more hexagons, my lady" spam.

Edit: in related news, I was just struck by a great strategy game idea.
A bit like SimAnt, but with wasps and modernized? That could work.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #136944 on: August 19, 2018, 06:45:01 am »

Yes! I've always wanted a White Anglo-Saxon Protestant simulator.
Love, scriver~

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136945 on: August 19, 2018, 06:50:09 am »

Nah they're spider wasps. They live in small groups IIRC. Like less than ten. And it's the end of summer, they'll be gone soon. Plus they're relatively docile and they eat spiders. And I'm an insect fan.

They can stay. Also my wife and child would be injured. But I would die. I'm highly allergic to wasps and hornets.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136946 on: August 19, 2018, 06:52:58 am »

Yes! I've always wanted a White Anglo-Saxon Protestant simulator.
wait a second...

I'm highly allergic to wasps and hornets.
They can stay.
o.O
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #136947 on: August 19, 2018, 06:54:17 am »

Plus they're relatively docile and they eat spiders.
How is this a good thing.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136948 on: August 19, 2018, 07:29:45 am »

Plus they're relatively docile and they eat spiders.
How is this a good thing.

Um. They eat SPIDERS. And they're like bees. 'Hey man, just taking care of your spider problem! Just stay over there, and let me stay over here and we'll call it good, right bro?' I was about eight inches away from the one in my doorjam and she was not concerned.

Whereas there's a massive fucking horsefly buzzing me every time I water my plants with obviously malicious intent.
He's fucking with us.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136949 on: August 19, 2018, 07:54:02 am »

Spiders are useful, though. They kill flies and mosquitoes.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: 1 ... 9128 9129 [9130] 9131 9132 ... 10984