Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 912 913 [914] 915 916 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13002136 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #13695 on: August 11, 2012, 01:02:59 am »

Coo koo for coco puffs?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13696 on: August 11, 2012, 01:26:03 am »

In a land of cereal taglines, the man with a sense of humor is king.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13697 on: August 11, 2012, 01:34:54 am »

In a land of cereal taglines, the man with a sense of humor is king.

Have you seen the tagline for barq's root beer?

'Barq's: It's good.' Seriously. I see that shit twenty times a day. They seriously went, 'Fancy tagline? Fuck that, just say "It's good" and shoot it on over to packaging.'
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #13698 on: August 11, 2012, 01:37:47 am »

The sad thing about those taglines is that it probably had to pass MULTIPLE PEOPLE for approval, and not a single one of them found anything wrong with it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13699 on: August 11, 2012, 01:41:56 am »

Barqs makes decent-ish tea, once boiled. Gojiberry/barqs is very interesting. Quite sweet, unsurprisingly.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

rutsber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13700 on: August 11, 2012, 03:25:37 am »

I just read The Incident.

Wat

WAT
Gave me an idea. I'm gonna add the milkable tag to the male minotaur. MMMMmmm minotaur cheese.
A loud angry voice and instinct. "FUCK OFF URIST THIS TABLE IS MINE!"

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13701 on: August 11, 2012, 03:57:47 am »

Oh c'mon, at least "A-B-C-Delicious" is mildly amusing! :P

The only ones I can remember off the top of my head are Coco Pops with "Just like a chocolate milkshake, only crunchy!" and Nutri-Grain's "You only get out what you put in."

I had to read this tagline a few times before I got what you meant,
I forgot some people pronounce Delicious like "Deelicious" where the De part at the beginning sounds like the letter D,  I don't pronounce it this way so the tagline came off as rather retarded to me.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13702 on: August 11, 2012, 04:02:42 am »

A-B-C-Delicious

Aye, Bee. Seedylicious...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13703 on: August 11, 2012, 05:47:38 am »

edit: misremembered the exact quote, ignore.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 05:52:00 am by Reelya »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13704 on: August 11, 2012, 05:51:21 am »

The Canadian "think smart" one is a blatant rip-off of Evil Dead 3's S-Mart slogan. "Think Smart. Think S-Mart"
Sure you're not overthinking this? :P

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13705 on: August 11, 2012, 07:01:11 am »

This probably goes for my WTF of the month.

I develop (more used to, although I am still registered as one Uni and my laptop getting dusty have made it a nominal title) for a Space Station 13 server. In Decemberish, a person (not naming any names, since I believe they are here or have been, and knowing who it was isn't important for the wtf) joined the community, and appeared to be a regular member of the community. In around march, they applied for adminship, were denied on the grounds of having done some fairly questionable things in the past, raged a bit about it and disappeared. No more thought was put into them.

At this time, another new member arrived. They played a bit, and eventually applied for adminship and were accepted, despite being relatively new to the community (it was thought that we didn't have enough admins at the time, so a bit of leniency was given, although one admin was fairly strongly against it on the aforementioned grounds). They ended up being an alright admin, a bit on the strict side and making a few mistakes, but being generally helpful and trialing a few people for adminship, a couple of which were accepted into that status. In early June, their adminship was revoked (very questionably, but the consensus at the time was that it was the right decision). Three days later, we received word that they had apparently committed suicide. This in itself is fairly wtfy, since it's killing yourself over having your adminship revoked on an online RPG. (Not banned, just adminship revoked.) Not particularly related to the first paragraph, is it?

A week or so ago, we found out about a new server being started, with a few of our admins and a new person who nobody had ever heard of (outside of one admin), but who seemed to have a rather indepth knowledge of the community. The server's thing was basically being the same thing but without the current host, lead developer and IRC admin (three different people, not just one). Naturally, there ended up being a fair amount of drama. During the course of this drama, it was found out that the new person was actually the person who had apparently killed themself! And they were doing this to get back at the top administration, likely out of anger at having their adminship revoked. But wait, there's more! During the course of the investigation, it was also discovered that this person was also the first person, who had been denied adminship in the first place, and they were probably doing this to get back for being denied adminship in the first place!

And now they're claiming they're going to DDoS the server or something.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13706 on: August 11, 2012, 07:03:14 am »

o_O
The words 'What the Fuck' indeed do describe that situation quite well.

Also, is SS13 free to play? :P
He's fucking with us.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13707 on: August 11, 2012, 07:19:43 am »

I know of one server that is basically microtransaction based (and Russian, not that it really matters), but generally they're 100% free (although maybe with whitelists for certain things). There's a fairly long thread over in Other Games. Just make sure you find a server that suits the way you want to play, Baystation12 is very heavily on the RP side of things, and if you try to do stupid/lulzy/etc stuff you'll probably get banned, while the goon servers are basically that stuff all the time (with added poo) all the time. The /tg/ server is more of a mix between the two styles, but in my opinion more towards the lulz side.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13708 on: August 11, 2012, 07:24:01 am »

o_O
The words 'What the Fuck' indeed do describe that situation quite well.

Also, is SS13 free to play? :P
I'm pretty sure it is. Probably even open source.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13709 on: August 11, 2012, 07:55:56 am »

I'd estimate around half of the servers have their code open (the goons don't, other than a really old version that basically everyone else's code is based off of and a not quite so old partial leak, but both /tg/ and BS12 do).
Pages: 1 ... 912 913 [914] 915 916 ... 10974