Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9148 9149 [9150] 9151 9152 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13185983 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #137235 on: August 27, 2018, 02:50:48 am »

I'm honestly kind of surprised that anything made it through the filtration and dilution process homeopathic remedies are supposed to undergo.

So one has to wonder if maybe they're scammers even within their own circle of scammery, and that they're not following their batshit protocols for "proper" homeopathy.

EDIT: So, just saw this article on a rather sensitive subject... And, well... Huh?

I can get that they felt it was the wrong choice in their situation and that they're better off for having taken the long road, so to speak, but... Really? Going all-out and trying to say that doctors are actively trying to kill their patients? That it's their fault if you choose to bow out early? Yeesh.

The story's been picked up and reworded a few different places, including something called "lifesite" (not to be confused with lifeweb) that hilariously headlined that ol' J.J. had valiantly suffered from a terminal case of "Brian Cancer".

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137236 on: August 27, 2018, 05:53:49 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:24:45 pm by dragdeler »
let

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #137237 on: August 27, 2018, 06:04:14 am »

IIRC they found that a supposed homeopatic cold cure had actually tylenol (as in real tylenol, not "homeopathic tylenol) in it. Goes without saying that this particular homeopathic cure did have an effect, but obviously not so much because of the homeopathy part as for the actual medicine they were packaging.

Ridiculous situation like that aside, there is also a real risk of such bullshit products packaging herbal stuff.. which can have side effects, or interfer with a patient's medication.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137238 on: August 27, 2018, 06:19:36 am »

Pounded in the Butt by My Homeopathic Cure for Prostate Cancer
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #137239 on: August 27, 2018, 06:20:26 am »

Pounded in the butt by my overstuffed wallet I had to sit on all day
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #137240 on: August 27, 2018, 06:22:20 am »

Pounded in the Butt by My Homeopathic Cure for being Pounded in the Butt by my own Butt
ftfy

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137241 on: August 27, 2018, 06:24:22 am »

Pounded in the butt by my overstuffed wallet I had to sit on all day

Oh look at moneybags over here
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137244 on: August 27, 2018, 09:59:36 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:24:21 pm by dragdeler »
let

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #137245 on: August 27, 2018, 10:00:54 am »

Defensive driving is boring, but if you adjust your driving to assume theyre all morons or on their cells you do fine.

As one driver whose parent was an actual driving instructor to another.  Gotta always give yourself enough room to either brake or swerve to the shoulder.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #137246 on: August 27, 2018, 10:01:10 am »

For the same reason people use their turn signal 3 turns before they intend to actually turn: they’re not great drivers.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137247 on: August 27, 2018, 10:01:47 am »

People who get all touchy when I insult an anonymous majority, since you seem to have understood something I don't, would you mind telling me why everybody refuses to use their turn signal BEFORE you have anticipated where they are going trough their driving behaviour?
As someone guilty of this myself,  I can firmly  say that it is simple laziness. Also forgetfulness.

Defensive driving is boring, but if you adjust your driving to assume theyre all morons or on their cells you do fine.
This only goes so far, unfortunately.  Traffic does not help.

For the same reason people use their turn signal 3 turns before they intend to actually turn: they’re not great drivers.
>.>
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #137248 on: August 27, 2018, 10:03:54 am »

It’s true though. A good driver let’s other drivers know where they intend to go so they can act accordingly. If you suddenly brake to go round a corner the person behind you doesn’t know you’re taking, that person will be a bit miffed.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #137249 on: August 27, 2018, 10:05:28 am »

I turn my signal on 125 feet before I turn. Like the law tells you to, at least here. >.>

Also going 15 mph under the limit is seriously fucking rude in good driving conditions. Five is fine, ten is tolerable around here with the curvy, hilly roads, but fifteen is saying, "Fuck everyone else on the road. They should wait for me."

Ahem /rant
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 9148 9149 [9150] 9151 9152 ... 10983