Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9180 9181 [9182] 9183 9184 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13183585 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #137715 on: September 08, 2018, 06:27:57 pm »

So what I'm hearing is that you engaged in a Satanic ritual to better confound the sinister plans of the pope.

You don't happen to have a spare goat, do you? I'll pay for it.

I didn't buy this goat. I can't afford a goat. I can't afford half a goat. You can find goats.

Also Satanic is such a naughty word. I prefer.... I don't really have another term for it, actually.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #137716 on: September 08, 2018, 06:29:57 pm »

Perhaps 'alternative theology'?

Like, "if you don't stop pouring holy water on me I'm gonna go all alternative theology on your asses."
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137717 on: September 08, 2018, 06:31:34 pm »

So we are a steep away from having  "rejuvenat" treatments so our lords can extend their lives at the service of the Imperium?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137718 on: September 08, 2018, 06:37:00 pm »

Ever wonder why literally everything outside of mainstream christian canon is considered "satanic"?

It makes perfect sense to call everything that, when wrapped up in the insulating blanket of the hardline theological position of that religion-- There is a god, that god is engaged in psychological warfare for mindshare of humanity (to save them!!) against another entity (the satan-- the great enemy; the accuser, et al).  This is a bona-fide example of the false dichotomy being taken as an axiom, as an attempt to refute its falseness.

EG, the actual reality that say-- shintoism-- has nothing whatsoever to do with lucifer, lord of the morning and prince of the air-- Or even with the old testament "satan" (accuser)-- has no bearing in the argument, because "If NOT God's teaching -> Works created by the satan to destroy human kind!"  since there are only those two choices, because the axiom of the cosmology only permits those two choices.

Thus, everything literally *IS* "satanic" if it is not aligned with biblical teachings.

Oh no, that terrible terrible science!  So satanic!

/sarcasm

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137719 on: September 08, 2018, 06:39:20 pm »

omg blood is a pretty egalitarian monies, if you consider it.

I mean, this is basically like Orks using teeth as money. Everyone has it, it grows back, and it eventually decays so hoarding is useless.
Plus you can rob anyone by literally punching the money out of them. Wonderful.

Also, this timeline's journey to being as absurd as possible will be complete when the baby boomers become the first generation to become immortal. I can imagine that 250 years from now, the world is just plunged into constant war between boomers and millennials, both rendered immortal by technology.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137720 on: September 08, 2018, 06:45:16 pm »

Perhaps 'alternative theology'?

Like, "if you don't stop pouring holy water on me I'm gonna go all alternative theology on your asses."

The only entirely alternative Christian theology I am aware of is known as the Apocrypha and I sincerely hope the pope doesn't find out how to invoke it. Saint Andrew heals like wolverine, can fly around on a Nimbus, and blast people with acid. If I'm not mistaken Saint Peter literally muscles a camel through the eye of a needle, physically, in a literal sense, just to prove he can.

No amount of goat blood will save us from Apocrypope.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137721 on: September 08, 2018, 07:44:04 pm »

Clearly we need to go a level beyond goat blood.   The serpent is often related with evil, so are dragons, so are bats, and so are body horrors.

The answer is clear, we take a snake, graft legs on it (legs of a komodo dragon would probably be most effective but any legs should do depending on the power you need), and then graft the wings of a bat on it so it looks like a body horror dragon, then use ITS blood.  That should be at least an order of magnitude stronger than goat blood.

Heck shove an aerosol can and a lighter down it's throat and it may even vomit fire every time it screams in existential agony.  That would probably be a few orders of magnitude stronger.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 07:58:49 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #137722 on: September 08, 2018, 07:48:40 pm »

Also, this timeline's journey to being as absurd as possible will be complete when the baby boomers become the first generation to become immortal. I can imagine that 250 years from now, the world is just plunged into constant war between boomers and millennials, both rendered immortal by technology.
I for one tentatively welcome the coming of Total Annihilation's plot hook. Here's hoping it, too, comes with space magic nanotech.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #137723 on: September 08, 2018, 10:31:05 pm »

Not sure if this is the right thread, but it's in the spirit of the thread...

I was looking through a million and one posters that were being sold yesterday. Most of them were for movies and tv shows, a few were games, a stack or two was music, a fair number were just generic pretty pictures, a handful were political, and a few silly ones were those silly motivation poster things. But one of them was a landscape image of a nuclear weapon being detonated.

Naturally that's what I went with, and I hit upon an idea: find and print out one of those motivational/demotivational poster things (you know... ones that say stuff like "Inspiration" and "Courage"). Anyone have any ideas for what I put?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137724 on: September 08, 2018, 10:37:12 pm »

"Don't talk to me ... before I've had my coffee" along with the nuclear blast.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #137725 on: September 08, 2018, 10:38:13 pm »

'Because it can always be worse'
'Because the first two didn't teach us the lesson'
'Third times a charm'
'Just remember what a bad day really means'
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137726 on: September 08, 2018, 10:42:28 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:30:43 pm by dragdeler »
let

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137727 on: September 08, 2018, 10:50:25 pm »

I was looking through a million and one posters that were being sold yesterday. Most of them were for movies and tv shows, a few were games, a stack or two was music, a fair number were just generic pretty pictures, a handful were political, and a few silly ones were those silly motivation poster things. But one of them was a landscape image of a nuclear weapon being detonated.

Naturally that's what I went with, and I hit upon an idea: find and print out one of those motivational/demotivational poster things (you know... ones that say stuff like "Inspiration" and "Courage"). Anyone have any ideas for what I put?

HUMAN STUPIDITY

The ONLY infinite resource.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #137728 on: September 08, 2018, 11:02:45 pm »

No one in the congress seems to have a beard, let alone the White House or the Supreme Court.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137729 on: September 08, 2018, 11:07:24 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 9180 9181 [9182] 9183 9184 ... 10983