Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9297 9298 [9299] 9300 9301 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13180859 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #139471 on: October 30, 2018, 04:24:04 am »

I'll raise your MS3K fodder with

The Ice Pirates!

With such well thought out plot elements as space herpes!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 04:25:37 am by wierd »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139472 on: October 30, 2018, 04:35:39 am »

Although Ice Pirates was intentionally funny so it's not quite in the same category.

I'll see your Ice Pirates and raise you a Hobgoblins. You know Hobgoblins is going to deliver, since it racked up 2.3 / 10.0 on imdb.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 04:40:10 am by Reelya »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139473 on: October 30, 2018, 04:39:56 am »

This is true... But you can find some real gems from the late 50s and early 60s that tried to be serious.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 04:54:04 am by wierd »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139474 on: October 30, 2018, 04:56:39 am »

Teenagers from Outer Space is an odd example of that.

But it's also one where the marketing department clearly hadn't seen the film and didn't care. The title is completely inappropriate, and leads you to think that an extremely dry and serious movie is a comedy: "Thrill crazed space kids blasting the flesh off humans" is the tagline on the poster. It's got nothing to do with the movie. The main antagonist is a super-serious young Space Nazi type from a survey ship who wants to genocide the Earth to make way for colonists, and the protagonist is one of his crewmates who objects to the slaughter. A lot of being mopey and serious ensues. Calling the aliens in this movie thrill-crazed kids is like calling the Hitler Youth "thrill crazed young Germans".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053337/
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 04:58:22 am by Reelya »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139475 on: October 30, 2018, 05:06:23 am »

Oh, I know all about that one. It's a bonus easter egg video for Destroy All Humans. :P

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139476 on: October 30, 2018, 05:15:19 am »

Oh, I know all about that one. It's a bonus easter egg video for Destroy All Humans. :P

The guy who wrote, directed and starred in Teenagers from Outer Space apparently had a bad run of it, though some reviewers saw enough merit in what he'd put together to say that he could develop into a good director (it's not really that bad considering the shoestring budget and inexperience of the creator. It's certainly lightyears ahead of any Ed Wood movies). However, he went nuts after it and tried to legally change his name to Jesus Christ II, and took out adds in the paper announcing it. For some reason this scuppered his later movie career and he committed suicide in 1970. :'(
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 05:17:34 am by Reelya »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #139477 on: October 30, 2018, 07:17:06 am »

eat my shorts Nax
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139478 on: October 30, 2018, 07:20:41 am »

Huh, I wouldn't have thought the munchies was a common occurrence over in Japan...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #139479 on: October 30, 2018, 03:31:54 pm »

holy shit i hate the word munchies. move over, 'moist,' there's a new word in town.
'Jowls'.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139480 on: October 30, 2018, 03:37:23 pm »

holy shit i hate the word munchies. move over, 'moist,' there's a new word in town.
'Jowls'.
The word "cooperate" has always made me think of rolls of toilet paper. Not necessarily a bad feeling, just... A toilet-papery feeling.

Brains are fucked up.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139481 on: October 30, 2018, 04:11:28 pm »

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139482 on: October 30, 2018, 05:06:40 pm »

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139483 on: October 30, 2018, 05:40:37 pm »

Got something very interesting. 8 days ago I received an email apparently from my own hotmail account with regards to someone attempting to blackmail me.

Now, I suspect it's a load of dick, especially since I have about 5 emails saying this and the password they claim I used is years and years and years old. It's just weird.

EDIT: Seems some people HAVE been trying to get into my account. Namely people from Germany, the UK, the Netherlands, Cambodia, and Malaysia. Every single one has been unsuccessful, so it's probably part of a leak (the have I been pwned site shows a few leaks from a good while back) and they've been attempting to log in with old passwords. Still, gonna go around and update them.
I had a similar occurrence a while ago, a threatening email with an ancient password of mine in the subject line.
Maybe I should check a site like that as well...   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139484 on: October 31, 2018, 07:13:10 am »

I appear to have received a Facebook friend request from some random chick in Germany (not the webcam model kind of fake profile), who has next to no information or activity on her profile except for four different "In a Relationship" events over the past two months and a few liked pages, generally revolving around German welfare and organizations for handicapped individuals. No fucking clue what's going on there.

Additionally, I'm getting more "Not secure" warnings on Bay12, now on my computer as well as when browsing on mobile. I also just checked current active cookies, and there was a cookie called _cfduid from somethingawful.com. One thing is that I never visit SA and haven't even had anything to do with related sites like LParchive, but the cookie was also listed as having been activated by this page (writing this post).
Pages: 1 ... 9297 9298 [9299] 9300 9301 ... 10983