Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9378 9379 [9380] 9381 9382 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12996962 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #140685 on: November 30, 2018, 02:40:11 pm »

The danger of them is that I'm told some of their videos actually make sense. They sprinkle those in with their baseless propaganda stuff and that makes them seem more legit.
making sense aint dangerous fam
manipulation is, love

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #140686 on: November 30, 2018, 02:40:58 pm »

manipulation is, love
I say this about marketing but I don't quite get the sell

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140687 on: November 30, 2018, 03:43:49 pm »

Ah, PragerU. The Fox News of internet. Have they ever made a video that wasn't complete trash?

The danger of them is that I'm told some of their videos actually make sense. They sprinkle those in with their baseless propaganda stuff and that makes them seem more legit.

Not everything they make is political. Some of it is philosophical. Thankfully because of their format of making 5 - 10 minute long videos, you aren't really missing out on much if you decide to forgo the entire channel and miss the "good stuff"
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140688 on: November 30, 2018, 04:09:15 pm »

My housemate borrowed my headphones, and I just realized he's shouting into the mic as if it's still his phone set on speaker and left across the room XD

I can see how this would be maddening but it's kinda amusing.  Besides, he's doing a Pokemon battle with a friend of ours, and I want to hear how it goes-
wow, not well haha.  Four down and zero kills as I typed this.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

mrkilla22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140689 on: November 30, 2018, 05:04:26 pm »

That's hilarious!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140690 on: November 30, 2018, 05:49:21 pm »

Went on my 10:00 break this morning, found that one of the Hispanic women decided to toss my bag aside and take my seat, and nowhere else to sit in the break room since everyone else is blocking any remaining chairs. Whilst taking my break standing outside, someone borrows a different Hispanic woman's price gun for something. Owner of said price gun starts screaming that I threw her gun somewhere. Despite the person who borrowed the price gun coming forward, the production manager still accuses me of throwing things. Somehow, a few minutes later I'm still being accused of throwing things, and am called in to see the store manager.

When I tell him I'm not throwing anything around, the production supervisor nastily says "Well everyone says you are". I tell the store manager flat out I'm tired of all the bullshit going on in this store, he responds with a spiel of how well the store has been doing since he took over(not really because of him, it's because the guy he replaced was a moron), and how he's making slow, incremental changes. He's done nothing, and other an unusual upswing in store profits(again, because the last manager was a moron, and it was a mess before him), things have gotten significantly worse in this store.

Only reason I didn't quit today, is because my mom literally said I'm the only holding anything together. So not only am I everyone's little bitch at work, I'm everyone's little bitch at home too. And because I've had to stand for 9 hours straight due to having nowhere to sit, my left knee is in a lot of pain when I walk.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140691 on: November 30, 2018, 06:03:26 pm »

Went on my 10:00 break this morning, found that one of the Hispanic women decided to toss my bag aside and take my seat, and nowhere else to sit in the break room since everyone else is blocking any remaining chairs. Whilst taking my break standing outside, someone borrows a different Hispanic woman's price gun for something. Owner of said price gun starts screaming that I threw her gun somewhere. Despite the person who borrowed the price gun coming forward, the production manager still accuses me of throwing things. Somehow, a few minutes later I'm still being accused of throwing things, and am called in to see the store manager.

When I tell him I'm not throwing anything around, the production supervisor nastily says "Well everyone says you are". I tell the store manager flat out I'm tired of all the bullshit going on in this store, he responds with a spiel of how well the store has been doing since he took over(not really because of him, it's because the guy he replaced was a moron), and how he's making slow, incremental changes. He's done nothing, and other an unusual upswing in store profits(again, because the last manager was a moron, and it was a mess before him), things have gotten significantly worse in this store.

Only reason I didn't quit today, is because my mom literally said I'm the only holding anything together. So not only am I everyone's little bitch at work, I'm everyone's little bitch at home too. And because I've had to stand for 9 hours straight due to having nowhere to sit, my left knee is in a lot of pain when I walk.

Clearly you need to let the chica borrow some of your other things to make amends.

Like your box cutter.

From the wrong end.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #140692 on: November 30, 2018, 06:17:07 pm »

That's not a very good solution, I'm going to say. You know, just my opinion.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140693 on: November 30, 2018, 06:46:17 pm »

Just found out that some hot dogs were found to have human DNA in them back in 2015.

Am eating off-brand hot dogs for food today.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #140694 on: November 30, 2018, 06:50:43 pm »

Just found out that some hot dogs were found to have human DNA in them back in 2015.

That "study" was not particularly reliable. The group claiming to have made the finding presented no details of methodology, or even definitions of the methods they allegedly used to make the determination.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140695 on: November 30, 2018, 06:54:45 pm »

That "study" was not particularly reliable. The group claiming to have made the finding presented no details of methodology, or even definitions of the methods they allegedly used to make the determination.

I made extra hot dogs in response.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140696 on: November 30, 2018, 06:55:17 pm »

From what?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140697 on: November 30, 2018, 06:56:50 pm »

The methods possibly included lab bros getting stoned while watching Soylent Green, and then finding out in the morning that Steve submitted the joke paper they knocked off while sky high.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140698 on: November 30, 2018, 07:02:49 pm »

From what?

Not what.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #140699 on: November 30, 2018, 07:07:04 pm »

Eh. Could just have semen in em.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.
Pages: 1 ... 9378 9379 [9380] 9381 9382 ... 10973