Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9412 9413 [9414] 9415 9416 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13178890 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141195 on: December 18, 2018, 07:44:24 pm »

I have seen a mother using her baby to pickpocket a lady on the bus.
Mission: Infantpossible

That's actually pretty close. She would held her baby and slightly tilt it toward the lady purse, while they were standing on a moving bus, and the kid would run his hand in the purse. I rat him out because I'm a snitch and I hate kids. The lady took it with good humor, said something about kids and moved away.

Babies, they are not sending their best.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 07:47:47 pm by Cathar »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141196 on: December 18, 2018, 11:30:07 pm »

Babies, they are not sending their best.

Theft is bad business for Boss Baby.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141197 on: December 19, 2018, 12:33:31 am »

WTF:  I'm playing Stellaris as the Lok, and just realized how similar that is to the Lok'Narr allies in X-Piratez I've also been playing.

Also, listening to Terranigma's Magic Shop Theme and trying to remember what actually *happened* in that game when I played it over a decade ago.  I basically guided the the planet through each "age" of existence, from the survival of primordial life to a human technocracy, at the behest of a weird bat-oni.  Wielding a spear, because Jesus parallels yo.  But there were so many characters, and I really don't remember what happened at the end.  I know it all started in a quaint village, on the in-side of the hollow planet...

Like, there's this melancholy paladin Fyda, and it's so weird how seriously she takes everything when a couple minutes ago (from your perspective) you triggered this entire age of mankind into existence...  It's kinda inspiring.  Kinda alienating.  Like a Timelord, I guess, or a limited god.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141198 on: December 19, 2018, 02:40:39 am »

Also I doubt many Fallout (any #) players sit down before killing anyone and ponder whether the death would be justifiable, never mind if it's a character who actually gives them grief and causes inconveniences.     

Quicksaving counts as sitting down
...Well. I hadn't thought of that.   :-[
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #141199 on: December 19, 2018, 04:21:48 am »

Someone here mentioned Rule of Rose a couple of days ago, can't remember the thread exactly or the context, just the large post about the thing and the jimmies it rustled. Read that, thought it was an interesting story and was mainly content knowing that much about it, so I didn't go researching the topic or anything like that. Today I see a video suggested to me by YT on the topic of RoR and its history.

Fucking how :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #141200 on: December 19, 2018, 04:25:30 am »

Magic.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #141201 on: December 19, 2018, 07:51:18 am »

WTF:  I'm playing Stellaris as the Lok, and just realized how similar that is to the Lok'Narr allies in X-Piratez I've also been playing.

Also, listening to Terranigma's Magic Shop Theme and trying to remember what actually *happened* in that game when I played it over a decade ago.  I basically guided the the planet through each "age" of existence, from the survival of primordial life to a human technocracy, at the behest of a weird bat-oni.  Wielding a spear, because Jesus parallels yo.  But there were so many characters, and I really don't remember what happened at the end.  I know it all started in a quaint village, on the in-side of the hollow planet...
Just sayin' here, but the game's held up pretty decently to age. If you want to remember you can always play through it again~
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #141202 on: December 19, 2018, 08:41:53 am »

As of this post, I am now unemployed. It's in the WTF thread because I am mostly just tired of being an intern getting half a minimum wage in pay (and frothing in anger when I hear some law student casually reject an internship because they would "only" get payed 2k a month).

Onwards to new and different things.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141203 on: December 19, 2018, 10:09:03 am »

As of this post, I am now unemployed. It's in the WTF thread because I am mostly just tired of being an intern getting half a minimum wage in pay (and frothing in anger when I hear some law student casually reject an internship because they would "only" get payed 2k a month).

Go you. Quitting my shit job lead to many new and interesting jobs, and finally to the best job I've ever had (while getting paid handsomely along the way) all in the space of a year or so.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #141204 on: December 19, 2018, 10:13:31 am »

Go you. Quitting my shit job lead to many new and interesting jobs, and finally to the best job I've ever had (while getting paid handsomely along the way) all in the space of a year or so.
I didn't exactly quit. My contract just ran its course.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141205 on: December 19, 2018, 10:15:54 am »

I didn't exactly quit. My contract just ran its course.

Still counts.jpeg
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141206 on: December 19, 2018, 10:37:05 am »

1: Good luck Teneb. Bigger and better things on the horizon, as long as you’re ready to kill everyone between you and your dreams.
Figuratively.

E: Just was scrolling through the comments on  one of my favourite youtubers. Basically it was “rah, update every week not every month. I swear if you don’t i’ll report you for fraud” which is interesting. In any case, the reasonably famous guy replied. Not positively, but it was a reply. Then the guy goes on a second spiel about how unhealthy his life is and his depression and why it’s so important that the guy post more often.

Reason it’s a WTF is because I seriously don’t know how to feel about it. Gut instinct is anger. The guy seems to be fishing and someone more famous is falling into the trap. I don’t do that, so I don’t get as much  attention. Insert added entitlement, etc. Secondly, what a kind of energy to bring into the world. He made me less happy, he likely made almost everyone else who read it less happy and I can only assume he made said YouTuber unhappy. It flies in the face of my happiness pump utilitarianism (cheers gp)
Thirdly... I hope it made his day. Being in a shit place like that and knowing that someone ‘more important’ than you is still noticing you and listening to you must be a heck of a boost. I’m frankly jealous, despite most of my issues becoming a thousand times more manageable when I stopped being a teenager.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #141207 on: December 19, 2018, 11:48:08 am »

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/dec/18/uk-couple-who-named-baby-after-hitler-jailed-for-terror-group-membership
You know, beyond the weird element of calling their son Adolf Hitler, I can't help but focus on their surnames AKA Thomas and Patatas. If the child gets a Portuguese citizenship and they follow Iberian naming customs, the lucky child's surnames would be "Thomas Patatas"... which in Spain it's the kind of surname combination that would get you mocked all through your childhood and beyond
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141208 on: December 19, 2018, 01:11:14 pm »

I like to think I'm a generally chill individual. But it's been two and a half weeks since maintenance started replacing my shower. Whatever. We have another full bath in our house. We'll just use that one.

But yeah. Two and a half weeks. This past Friday, one of the guys came in to paint. He left, saying he'd be back when the stuff dries in about two hours. Monday rolls around, no one's been there. I call. No response.

Tuesday, no one. I call. "We have no record that more work is needed but we'll send someone tomorrow morning."

Today, no one. I call again, a bit pissed off. This is unacceptable. It needs to be fixed today or I'm contacting the landlord.

Usually the guy calls me back. This time, I get a text. I guess my tone indicated I wasn't accepting more bullshit. "Guy's on his way. 30 minutes."

Fuck you. I'm still contacting the landlord once this is over.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #141209 on: December 19, 2018, 02:03:53 pm »

The YT homepage is getting all kinds of fucked up for some reason, first loading up the thing gets all the text and video thumbnails mixed up and completely unuseable. Switching to subs and back fixes is, while just reloading the page doesn't. I'm not sure what the hell they did to cause this but if there was any doubt that the site is run by goddamn monkeys it's been dispelled now :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 9412 9413 [9414] 9415 9416 ... 10983