Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9416 9417 [9418] 9419 9420 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13178171 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141255 on: December 20, 2018, 05:52:03 pm »

I mean it's clear that humans in principle can be apex predators. It's just that him, in particulae, is no good at it and in the jungle would fall prey to the first moderatedly angry squirrel he stumbled upon...

Our average trophic level is below 2. On the foodchain, humans, even modern humans, are actually pretty low compared to carnivorous creatures

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141256 on: December 20, 2018, 06:03:46 pm »

Something happened to me last night that made me have one of the biggest What the fuck of my life.

So it was a town holiday, no work and all. There was a party and a couple of my friends were going, including the girl I had a crush on, so I thought. Why not?

At the party, until 21:00pm it was Open Bar. I had 1 drink, then another, then I stopped and got some water, can't go blackout drunk because I work tomorrow... 30 minutes later I wake up at the hospital.

I even tried going to work, just to vomit on my office's trash can. My boss gave me a day out... God I love this job!
I think you were drugged?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141257 on: December 20, 2018, 06:50:20 pm »

Something happened to me last night that made me have one of the biggest What the fuck of my life.

So it was a town holiday, no work and all. There was a party and a couple of my friends were going, including the girl I had a crush on, so I thought. Why not?

At the party, until 21:00pm it was Open Bar. I had 1 drink, then another, then I stopped and got some water, can't go blackout drunk because I work tomorrow... 30 minutes later I wake up at the hospital.

I even tried going to work, just to vomit on my office's trash can. My boss gave me a day out... God I love this job!
I think you were drugged?

Uh, what? Somehow I missed this from earlier. Yeah what did they say at the hospital? Because either someone spiked your stuff or you have a serious medical condition, sir. Hope you're ok :[ ]
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141258 on: December 20, 2018, 07:58:47 pm »

I once cut myself with an orange.
Orange you glad the bleeding stopped?   

Sounds like you tanked a drink-spikey-thing intended for your crush. Clearly you can use this to ingratiate yourself to her. :P
Seriously though hope you're okay, and I am also curious to know what the doctors said.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141259 on: December 20, 2018, 08:27:52 pm »

All this talk about not being able to fight broccoli, and everyone seems to have forgotten that there was a Powerpuff Girls episode on this exact subject.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141260 on: December 20, 2018, 10:45:14 pm »

All this talk about not being able to fight broccoli, and everyone seems to have forgotten that there was a Powerpuff Girls episode on this exact subject.
Half the forum wasn't even born when that came out, grandpa. You expect them all to be ancient history buffs?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #141261 on: December 20, 2018, 11:50:33 pm »

Half the forum wasn't even born when that came out, grandpa. You expect them all to be ancient history buffs?
I remember that episode very well...
. . .Am I a forum senior now?! :o

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141262 on: December 20, 2018, 11:54:42 pm »

Don't'chu bother with'em young'uns, they don't 'member ther' hist'ry none too gud.  The'll larn by gum, the'll larn.

No, I am not sorry for this.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141263 on: December 21, 2018, 01:55:20 am »

I've been really tired and then awake on off for a few days now.
Very strange. Wonder what got me

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #141264 on: December 21, 2018, 04:00:14 am »

Steam demands me to use Mobile Authenticator in order to sell my trading cards, and not only once, but for 7 (!!!) straight days. Bank cards themselves have a less zealous protection than Steam. And all I wanted is to sell some cards!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 08:40:33 am by CABL »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141265 on: December 21, 2018, 04:35:56 am »

Hey, those cards are worth like half a cent each! They have to make sure they're dealing with the real CABL before handing off such precious merchandise!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141266 on: December 21, 2018, 08:01:06 am »

I've been really tired and then awake on off for a few days now.
Very strange. Wonder what got me

You're not secretly a Q that is being punished, are you?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141267 on: December 21, 2018, 09:11:43 am »

I just read a... "news?" article lamenting that we're gamifying basketball.

Uh...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #141268 on: December 21, 2018, 09:17:27 am »

Uh...
Wait.. but isn't.. what?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #141269 on: December 21, 2018, 09:17:53 am »

Uh...
HOOPSPHERE IS A MOST NOBLE ART THAT SHAN'T BE TAINTED BY THE RADIKAL GAMEZ OF THE MILLENIALS!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 9416 9417 [9418] 9419 9420 ... 10983