Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9455 9456 [9457] 9458 9459 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13190900 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141840 on: January 18, 2019, 11:07:37 am »

Are Americans abroad also typically sunburnt as lobster-red as many of my (tragically) fellow British?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141841 on: January 18, 2019, 11:08:26 am »

Depends on where they are from.

People from Maine?  Probably.

People from Hawaii? Probably not.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #141842 on: January 18, 2019, 12:04:51 pm »

Are Americans abroad also typically sunburnt as lobster-red as many of my (tragically) fellow British?

I'm always either ghostly pale or neatly tanned. I got good genetics.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #141843 on: January 18, 2019, 12:28:48 pm »

British and American visitorsare all over the spectrum of nice/drunk and obnoxious, but the badly drunk ones tend to partake in Acts of Darwin

Is the practice of writing initials instead of names a standard in  Spain?
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #141844 on: January 18, 2019, 12:50:27 pm »

For privacy,  yes.

I didnt know it was unusual elsewhere before and I just realized I do that a lot over insecure channels
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #141845 on: January 18, 2019, 02:02:30 pm »

I don't know how it is in other countries, but the Swedish privacy standard is to refer to them by nouns (or nicknames if high-profile, but I assume that is universal).
Love, scriver~

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #141846 on: January 18, 2019, 02:34:31 pm »

In the US the stereotype is that big businessmen/government officials and other high profile folks use exclusive services, everything from restaurants, lodging, transportation. Things that arent available to plebs like us, and are therefore private by virtue of invisibility. Hence why you never find out where they are.

But for losers like me, if i were to clock in to a hotel or other service i would be referred to by name, some businesses for instance wont admit to a third party whether or not youre there, but theres no such thing as privacy except through hospitals; you practically have to get a search warrant to view your own medical records
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141847 on: January 18, 2019, 03:55:00 pm »

HIPPA?

If you are in the US. I think you can request a copy of your records at a cost to produce it. Or inspect it. That doesn't mean you'll understand it though.

Not best to demand unless you have to, but.... I forget who the person was on here who helped me with HIPPA stuff ...... I dunno, but I know Weird knows, and I am not thinking of Weird.

It will bug me til I think of the name.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 04:00:47 pm by femmelf »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141848 on: January 19, 2019, 04:15:35 am »

I play one game of PuBG in the nuddy and suddenly sneezing fit.
Now I'm feeling all sniffly and shit. Just what one needs when heading out for the evening with a vest their closest thing to warm clothing.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141849 on: January 19, 2019, 04:26:50 am »

HIPPA?

If you are in the US. I think you can request a copy of your records at a cost to produce it. Or inspect it. That doesn't mean you'll understand it though.

Not best to demand unless you have to, but.... I forget who the person was on here who helped me with HIPPA stuff ...... I dunno, but I know Weird knows, and I am not thinking of Weird.

It will bug me til I think of the name.

If you are the patient, you have a right to know your own medical information. That information may or may not be in a form you can get readily, or that you can read.  Often, doctor communications are hand-written, and then faxed.  As you can imagine, the combination of "Doctor handwriting" + "low grade monochrome fax print" can be torturous to one's eyes and brain.

Be that as it may, many doctors are loath to give patients their own medical files, because patients often abuse services like webmd and pals, and when they get to see the candid communications between doctors, nurses, and nursing staff about their medical status (which can include potential diagnoses that are not final, as they are lacking data--- specifically so that more hands-on care staff like nurses and aids can be looking for signs the doctor wishes to know about to MAKE that diagnosis) they can suddenly get psychosomatic symptoms, and contaminate the observations the doctor wishes to have made, leading to erroneous diagnoses. (and a bevy of other unpleasant things.)

Basically, you have the right to know, but unless you are a medical professional, or have a specific need to see that information, you really shouldn't as it can actually be detrimental to your care.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #141850 on: January 19, 2019, 05:46:02 am »

In the two systems I worked back home before leaving we had broad EHR so gettinf your records was easy and straightforward. Just a matter of registering in a webpage even.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141851 on: January 19, 2019, 09:34:45 am »

HIPPA?
Pedantry WTF: what's HIPPA? 

I'm only aware of The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act - HIPAA.

"The more you know!"

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141852 on: January 19, 2019, 11:35:12 am »

I play one game of PuBG in the nuddy

Pics or it didn't happen

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141853 on: January 19, 2019, 11:36:26 am »

I play one game of PuBG in the nuddy

Pics or it didn't happen

I'm legit surprised it took that many posts for this to happen.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141854 on: January 19, 2019, 05:31:41 pm »

Caffiene and adrenaline will do that to you.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 9455 9456 [9457] 9458 9459 ... 10984