Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9461 9462 [9463] 9464 9465 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13187227 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141930 on: January 21, 2019, 07:14:46 pm »

Uhm, I did not need pure capsacin.  I just needed the brownies to be hot.   It worked great.

Obtaining anhydrous alcohol would have required equipment I did not have, and was completely unnecessary. (It needs to be chemically dehydrated. Alcohol is VERY hygroscopic, which is why everclear is not 100%.)

Strong pepper flake water, as you put it, was adequate for the task.  And no- seeds have very little flavor, but lots of the active ingredient.  Enough came out in solution to be useful. thats all that mattered for my goals.  You are reading too much into it by insisting on lab grade extraction.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141931 on: January 21, 2019, 07:35:50 pm »

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141932 on: January 21, 2019, 07:36:54 pm »

-snip-
What game were you playing?
Red Dead Redemption 2, I've been trying to name most of my horses after Arthurian figures, because... Well, because Arthur. So far, those three are the only ones with proper names.

My first horse was the $15 Morgan you get from the story mission. I named him Archie, Archie the Morgan for Arthur Morgan. Archie was afraid of everything... Snakes, guns, rocks, trees, moving too fast, spinning in circles... He'd have been afraid of his own shadow if he'd thought to look at it.

But he did his best and worked hard during some of my most intense trapping days. Archie eventually wandered off into the wilderness one day when I was taking a third horse somewhere, and it bumped Archie out of the "Main horse + Temp horse" slots.

Lady Fiona was a Hungarian Halfbred, the first horse I ever tamed. She was wild and strong, and also a bit sluggish and oddly skittish for a warhorse. She was a good girl, but a bit dull and not nearly as brave as she could have been. She died when trying to follow me when I was riding a train, and the train drove onto a bridge over a ravine. Fiona followed the train, but not the bridge.

Unnamed Horse ("Pretty Girl") was a Tennessee Walker, with a gorgeous patterned coat. She was the first horse I saw after Fiona died and I needed a new ride. Pretty Girl was with me for a fair while, as she ended up being a quick and strong girl as well. Eventually she left the limelight and spent most of her time in the stable, until I let her go to a respectable handler who would treat her well.

Percival was a big dark-coated Shire with some contrasting white flecks. I took him off of a dead man's wagon and proceeded to ride around on him for a while, admiring the view from his massively tall back. Percival was a friendly sort, and quite brave, but had a penchant for murdering wildlife, as well as a maximum speed of "chonk". He was later put in the stable to rest up. Percival hated trees.

Galahad was a Thoroughbred, strong and fast with a magnificent dark-red coat that shone in the sun. Galahad gave me a taste of speed beyond casual riding horses and sluggish draft horses, while still being courageous in the face of gunfire. However, it wasn't long after we'd fully bonded that I came upon Guinevere, and was fairly smitten. Galahad was then relegated to the second-hand role, and has been an admirable companion on long trips as well as a proficient carrier of heavy loads and scaler of sheer cliffs. Glitches took him from me, and he will be missed. Even though he liked to run into me when I was riding ahead on trails, and once nearly killed me and my horse by repeatedly shoving us towards a sheer precipice while we tried to clamber back onto solid footing...

Guinevere was the wild white Arabian who runs around in the north. I ended up finding her completely by accident when I was hunting the white buffalo, and managed to capture and tame her on the first try. She's of course from the best horse breed in the game, and is worlds faster than any other horse I've ridden, Galant Galahad included. She also has excellent staying power, with the stamina to gallop across entire states. She's irritated by loud noises, but she remains firm until things are quite literally biting at her heels before bucking me off. Guinevere is, however, an incredibly dirty girl... Judging from the amount of trail dust she picks up (and promptly complains about), I'm guessing her parentage is half air purifier.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141933 on: January 21, 2019, 07:55:43 pm »

John told me to "keep myself out of jail for a while", which is easier said than done when people are willing to arrest you for literally nothing.

You know, for all the time RDR2 goes on about outlaws having a doomed life, the bounty system makes it seem like everyone has a doomed life in RDR2 world. Seriously. Stop in front of a plantation to see why people are shouting at you? Shot. Accidentally get in a guys way with your horse? Shot and bounty for disturbing the peace. Try and take an escape prisoner back to town? Bounty for kidnapping. Really it seems like being an outlaw is the only reasonable course of action.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141934 on: January 21, 2019, 08:18:48 pm »

Alcohol is VERY hygroscopic, which is why everclear is not 100%.)

This is untrue. Everclear is 191-proof because a 95.6% alcohol/water mixture is a positive azeotrope, so it can't be further dehydrated by fractional distillation; there's as much water vapor going into the condenser as alcohol vapor, which is obviously a self-perpetuating state of affairs. Ethanol is hygroscopic, yes, but that's no barrier to distillation. (Weirdly, azeotropy is also part of why alcohol with small amounts of water will appear to absorb water from dry gas, which is something I used to ask my chem students for extra credit. It's not absorbing anything; the alcohol's just evaporating faster than the water.)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #141935 on: January 21, 2019, 08:25:12 pm »

Fuck you muscle memory :'(

Reached for a pan my grandmother had been baking something in the oven on. A pan with a metal handle. That was still in oven. With my bare hand.

It didn't last long but there's like a line of blisters forming on my left hand's fingers right now. Ow.

The extra fucked up thing is I opened the friggin' over with a mitt on, but for some reason took it off and forgot the concept of cause and effect between doing that and getting the thing out the oven.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141936 on: January 21, 2019, 09:16:19 pm »

Firefox decided to log me out of everything again, no idea why

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #141937 on: January 21, 2019, 09:21:50 pm »

Have you, or someone you know, cleared out your cache recently?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141938 on: January 21, 2019, 09:38:28 pm »

Someone's watching poooorn~
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141939 on: January 21, 2019, 09:41:57 pm »

I haven't and no one else uses this computer.....

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141940 on: January 21, 2019, 10:14:34 pm »

Last week, in preparation for today's sale, they told us to clock in early. Originally, they wanted us to arrive an hour early but scrapped that due to forecasted weather. I do so, and then am bitched out, in order, by that Hispanic supervisor whose sister keeps harassing me(both do, actually), the production manager, and then publicly by the store manager for clocking in early. The reason is that they want to clamp down hard on overtime. Do note, I have a workload that requires me to both take shorter breaks and clock in early both at start of day and after lunch break just to keep up with.

Oh, but they sent everyone home half an hour early anyway, rendering the whole issue of actually being paid overtime entirely goddamned moot.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141941 on: January 21, 2019, 11:25:24 pm »

this is probably a happy but shut up. I was in hospital visiting someone and the lady across the aisle was gesturing for things like water, toilet, etc. Nurses would offer things in a loud and clear voice and gesture also and they seemed to very stiltedly communicate like that. Otherwise, she’d sit and stare off into space. Heard someone complain that they wanted to get an interpreter in.
Anyway, pulled out my phone and took a basic look at the alphabet, and then turned to her from where I was sitting and said “h” “I”. She basically lit up. Took a second for her to figure out I knew basically nothing, but then with much frustration and false starts we got names down, she had a little complain and then showed me and named her family.
Turns out she’d been there almost three months without anyone trying to talk to her.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141942 on: January 22, 2019, 04:37:08 am »

Blimey.
I was just listening to some lovely music, feeling rather happy considering my earlier mood, when all of a sudden just the thought of certain friends and the enjoyable social interaction I'm supposed to have with them next month (some free music festival on the other side of the city, sounds harmless enough right?) clutched my guts with inexplicable discomfort and made the song I had previously been enjoying seem utterly hateful.
I had to skip it.

I don't know where to begin trying to unpack this fuckery.
Is it just early-onset anxiety about this familiar social situation in general? Is it a specific person involved making me anxious for whatever reason? Is the date in question just caught up in the general dead surrounding my birthday, which is just two days earlier?

...That's probably it, actually. The thought of turning a year older makes me feel physically unwell. Jesus Christ.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141943 on: January 22, 2019, 07:12:38 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 11:53:00 am by dragdeler »
let

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile