Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9465 9466 [9467] 9468 9469 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13190997 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141990 on: January 23, 2019, 08:23:11 am »

CABL:

Bro, just accept that you made a grammatical faux-pas.  What one wrote, (and its literal interpretation) does not always convey what one intended to communicate.

(See also, this funny sign.)

You intended to communicate one thing, but ended up communicating another.  Happens to me all the fucking time.  Take it with some aplomb, accept the "Whoops! Grammar is hard!" moment, and move on. 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 08:26:10 am by wierd »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #141991 on: January 23, 2019, 08:29:03 am »

Reelya & wierd: If I apologize for attacking Centrists, can we end the debate, then? I do realize that I shouldn't have wrote "Centrist-bros", but the intended meaning was mostly that Libertarianism is considered a (right-leaning) Centrist ideology rather than "Centrists sux".
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141992 on: January 23, 2019, 08:31:17 am »

My main point was to be aware of how moderate-bashing is common among liberals, but it is in fact entirely self-defeating. It creates a false narrative that most of the nation is liberals or conservatives, with an irrelevant sliver of "centrists" right in the middle. In fact, the political landscape looks nothing like that. "Liberal" identified people don't even make up 50% of the Democrats. you need the moderates. In fact, 20% of Democrat voters identify as Conservative. You probably couldn't win if they were pushed away from the party either.

It's completely different for the Republicans. About 75% Conservative, 20% Moderate, and only < 5% Liberal. They can afford to go all-in with hardcore Conservative stuff and still win. The Democrats would be stupid if they tried to mirror that but with hardcore Liberal stuff, since the left/right spread of ideologies in the Democrats is much wider, and Liberal = 20% of all people while Conservative = 40% of all people.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 08:40:05 am by Reelya »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141993 on: January 23, 2019, 08:33:40 am »

Oh no, I am not at all concerned about the content.  The statement was about communication efficiency, which is why the "Pork. The one you love." sign is appropriate.  At least in US English, "Pork" is a vulgar slang verb for having sex. Without intending it, the pork council advocated that people have sex with the people they love. (Using a vulgar, and somewhat profane choice of words.)

That is NOT AT ALL what they had INTENDED to say.  They had intended to say "Hey, this is pork. It's totally your favorite."   BUT-- that is NOT what the literal interpretation of their words was.

The literal interpretation of your original statement says something you did not mean to say.  Instead of being defensive about it, just say "WHOOPS! That really is some whack shit there-- not at all what I intended! I'll be more careful next time!" and move on.

That's it.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141994 on: January 23, 2019, 08:40:49 am »

Reelya, I'm not doubting the statistics, but I gotta say: The reason why Hillary lost was because she felt too plastic and spineless, if you know what I mean. She wasn't some hardcore crazed leftie that wanted to establish Communism in America, but merely a center-left politician that pandered to literally everyone while having some shady backgrounds herself. The politics aren't just a game of statistics and strategic pandering, but it requires some confidence in your ideas you push, too.

I understand that, wierd. Have a nice time of the day!

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #141995 on: January 23, 2019, 09:29:28 am »

Reelya, I'm not doubting the statistics, but I gotta say: The reason why Hillary lost was because she felt too plastic and spineless, if you know what I mean. She wasn't some hardcore crazed leftie that wanted to establish Communism in America, but merely a center-left politician that pandered to literally everyone while having some shady backgrounds herself. The politics aren't just a game of statistics and strategic pandering, but it requires some confidence in your ideas you push, too.

I understand that, wierd. Have a nice time of the day!

You are entirely correct. There is, however, a large chunk of the "progressive" movement that think Hillary lost solely and entirely because she was too centrist, and declare that the Democrats should now run on a "Fuck the centrists, MAXIMUM LEFT OR BUST" platform.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141996 on: January 23, 2019, 09:34:21 am »

True that, too, though I kinda want to re-rail the thread.

WTF/Question: Is it normal that I periodically (one time in 2 weeks, approximately) get an eye pain in right eye? The pain feels like a cross between a tiny needle and a peck of dust in the eye, resulting in it tearing up.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141997 on: January 23, 2019, 10:00:48 am »

« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 10:11:41 am by Mephisto »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #141998 on: January 23, 2019, 10:16:03 am »

lol u only have a pork sword? I have a pork greatsword
Love, scriver~

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141999 on: January 23, 2019, 10:25:54 am »

Also: If America were to be a reasonable country and use popular vote, Hillary would have won

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #142000 on: January 23, 2019, 11:03:21 am »

Came into work an hour ago and only just realized I still have my septum jewelry flipped out. jfc why didn't anyone say anything

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #142001 on: January 23, 2019, 12:55:00 pm »

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142002 on: January 23, 2019, 01:00:58 pm »

The hole in my gums after the molar removal refuses to stop hurting. Cold things are the worst on it. It was like 4 days ago already, it's supposed to stop hurting that bad two days ago.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142003 on: January 23, 2019, 01:12:00 pm »

Uhoh I hope it's not some kind of complication. Maybe can you call the dentist and ask?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142004 on: January 23, 2019, 01:43:16 pm »

The hole in my gums after the molar removal refuses to stop hurting. Cold things are the worst on it. It was like 4 days ago already, it's supposed to stop hurting that bad two days ago.

That uh. Sounds like a dry socket which is double plus ungood.
Pages: 1 ... 9465 9466 [9467] 9468 9469 ... 10984