Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9485 9486 [9487] 9488 9489 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13195654 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #142290 on: January 29, 2019, 08:34:59 am »

Yes but I lost traxk
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #142291 on: January 29, 2019, 09:01:15 am »

My uni email keeps getting spam about how they have recordings of me wanking off to an adult site. Ignoring that I have a chunk of paper taped over the camera of my laptop and have no other cameras, what's confusing about it is that they always have weird subjects. Latest is about how a guy lost their eye to their friend's knife.
The infamous reputation of the fapmaster strikes even in the meat-space world.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #142292 on: January 29, 2019, 09:06:40 am »

Coming at it from a bisexual perspective there does seem to be more engagement from gay guys than from straight women when I try dating apps.

Couldn't say why exactly, but I think it does come down to how women get message bombed at an insane rate, generally of low quality messages. Seen a few saying they get hundreds a week and can't be bothered to spend the time to sort through them all, though that's without the filter of needing to match first generally.
As another bi guy, I can cofirm this.

It's kind of a shame that tradition also keeps women from making the first move.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #142293 on: January 29, 2019, 10:41:26 am »

Saw 'The Purge' and its sequel earlier this month.

The first was more a suspense movie than not, and though rather vague in lore and with heavy tones of Social Justice it wasn't bad, considering the kinds of movies I watched as a kid, the as 'The Faculty'.

The second one had comments about 'social wealth redistribution'.  Silly idiots, redistribution of wealth isn't achieved by making murder, rape, and B&E legal.  It may disproportionately affect the urban and the poor, but the damage, the cleanup after, and the randomness of the purge makes it ridiculous to anything more than a cursory glance.

Jobs need replacing, blood feuds are formed, roads and buildings need cleaning, businesses need to restock their supply, the rotting corpses that aren't immediately found pose a health problem . . . and then there's the problem of what happens to the rich themselves.  Do you think some working class smucks cannot afford to steal a backhoe and break into a rich home?  That there isn't a danger to the ones trying to 'eliminate the poor' themselves?

A single purge night poses all kinds of issues.  A society that allows selective and regulated murder/honor-killings can sidestep these more easily.

Senator Armstrong, 2020.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #142294 on: January 29, 2019, 10:56:42 am »

I'm pretty sure Purge Day would pretty soon become known as Bastille Day 2: Electric Guillotine
Love, scriver~

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142295 on: January 29, 2019, 11:33:21 am »

an electric guillotine, you say...
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #142296 on: January 29, 2019, 11:34:25 am »

My uni email keeps getting spam about how they have recordings of me wanking off to an adult site. Ignoring that I have a chunk of paper taped over the camera of my laptop and have no other cameras, what's confusing about it is that they always have weird subjects. Latest is about how a guy lost their eye to their friend's knife.
The infamous reputation of the fapmaster strikes even in the meat-space world.
Putting the meat in meat-space

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #142297 on: January 29, 2019, 12:21:35 pm »

an electric guillotine, you say...
600 beheadings per minute or your money back!
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142298 on: January 29, 2019, 10:27:58 pm »

I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142299 on: January 29, 2019, 10:40:24 pm »

Senator Armstrong, 2020.

Don't fuck with this Senator!

*football punt*

Y can't the actual senate have such fine specimens.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142300 on: January 29, 2019, 10:47:59 pm »

This universe didn't get enough nanomachine and giant mecha research, that's why.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Severedicks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142301 on: January 29, 2019, 11:03:31 pm »

You are all missing the true purpose of dating apps: Datamining.

To be honest it's the purpose of all modern apps. They used to say, "if you're not paying you're the product" but these days they even make you pay.

I'm convinced that somewhere in the potentiality of ideas there exists a dating app that doesn't suck, but making that app wouldn't be a viable business model.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #142302 on: January 29, 2019, 11:07:53 pm »

ok cupid has given me more solid hits than any other.  And allows for all kinds of people; those who type too much about themselves and those who don't fill out anything.

Its funny, I've deleted my account three times now, and been asked to moderate twice.  I guess they like me?

Also, though they do offer paid services, they don't do the more obnoxious things, like silly games or gimmicks.  You don't have a limit on how many people you like.  But, they do tier off profiles based on how attractive you are.  idk how they generate that, but I do notice a progression from when I make a new profile to when I see more desirable women.  So most likely some kind of system based on likes and/or some kind of matching service and rating system for people who pay?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 11:10:47 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #142303 on: January 29, 2019, 11:17:09 pm »

Checked my Steam, and almost my entire library was marked as "Update required", including some games that haven't been updated in years. Forcing the queued updates to start proved most of them to be 0k. I have no idea why steam did that, but it seems harmless.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142304 on: January 30, 2019, 12:03:03 am »

A friend of mine just said the same thing, though I have not experienced it yet.  We hypothesized some kind of update to the steam overlay or some file that is inserted by steam itself to manage it's data.

EDIT: Steam forums seems to think it's an update to the common redistributables(sp?).  One will actually update then the rest will all be 0 kb updates as it just links the existing redistributes to the games.  Apparently it's just keeping one copy of stuff like directx, and the games are just using that instead of all the games having their own copies in the files.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 01:56:41 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 9485 9486 [9487] 9488 9489 ... 10984