Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9491 9492 [9493] 9494 9495 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13149135 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #142380 on: January 31, 2019, 06:05:38 am »

LOLOL-- Well CP, you never know.  You MIGHT have preferred a male lap dancer. :P  This is the modern world afterall. :P

I agree though, it is simply not-professional behavior on both sides of this sordid tale.  The doctors should not have been so cheeky, and this drug company should not have been so filthy and cavalier.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142381 on: January 31, 2019, 07:54:46 am »

Sales exec allegedly gave doctor lap dance while pushing opioid prescriptions
The fuck

To be honest, I'm totally not surprised by that news. It's long been known* (at least in the US, I think ChairmanPoo has a different experience) that medical-company reps are basically zero-medical-knowledge PR people largely hired on looks and their ability to given doctor's a boner. Hiring strippers to give the doctor lap dances is just the next stage in American drug marketing. But they'll have the thin veneer of being a stripper in a lab coat with a company identity badge.

* See John Oliver episode, there are interviews with drug company PR people who say stuff like "doctors ask me for my medical opinion about different treatments, but they really shouldn't. I'm a communications major and this is my fallback job". So, yeah, people with low-level humanities degrees they can't use are winding up in these jobs because they're good looking. They're just following a script given to them by the company, but doctors treat them as colleagues and are asking them for input. That's clearly dangerous and is almost certainly contributing to the American 250,000 - 440,000 deaths a year from medical errors.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 08:02:32 am by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142382 on: January 31, 2019, 07:58:34 am »

Seems like when I have something good to look forward to, I struggle to get appropriately excited even in the days immediately prior to it, but when there's something bad on the horizon it's all I can think about for more than a few seconds.
The dread of it is ever-present, filling my every waking moment whenever my guard is down, whenever I'm not distracted. And even when my guard is up I am still dimly aware that there is some horrible thing coming up that I am trying not to think about, and it's really just as bad.

By the time the dreaded whatever-it-is actually transpires, I am so frazzled and burnt-out from stressing over it that it goes even worse than I was expecting.
Man, I wonder how many panic attacks I can fit in by next week if I get started right now...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142383 on: January 31, 2019, 09:46:29 am »

Speaking of left and right, one time it's good to be left is when you're walking down the street.
People who insist on walking on the wrong side of the footpath (aka sidewalk) are just asking to get stabbed. Definitely a peeve of mine. Bloody gronks.
There's a department store nearby which specifically directs people to enter through the wrong door (left, here in the US).  It never ceases to annoy me!

But it's a lot worse at the mall.  People just walk... wherever!  Sometimes in big slow formations that block the lane!  And they often walk as if I'm not there- I used to think they expected me to move, but eventually I figured out that they're just used to passing within a foot of strangers.  Possibly even brushing clothes!  It's absolute madness, I say.

Oh and they walk on the wrong side, often without any reason, the monsters.  It's a madhouse, but a madhouse with lots of pokestops and nice people who want to do raids together.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #142384 on: January 31, 2019, 09:53:31 am »

at least in the US, I think ChairmanPoo has a different experience
It varies. I'd say the trend in the last 15 years has been in favor of getting people with some scientific background, if possible.
If you want any sort of real input they're very much supposed to not get involved regardless of their background and put you through with the company's medical department (think customer service, but much more useful). Not that they wont try at times
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142385 on: January 31, 2019, 09:54:39 am »

Second link works flawlessly. It seems that somehow "opioid-exec" became "opioid- exec" in the first link. No idea how that extra space got in.
Probably had something to do with when the text editor decided that what that URL really needed was a smiley in the middle of it, and there's no "undo" shortcut so I had to take it out manually. I guess there were some artifacts left behind, because ha ha precision controls.

Anyways, I just had the misfortune of listening to... To... Hell, I don't even know what to call it. I suppose it's technically still music, but that truly has got to be some of the worst rap(?) I've ever had the misfortune of being exposed to, and I don't even care for rap as a general genre.

Fuck it, Gucci Gang is leagues ahead of this nonsense. I just... Holy shit. Brain stop work.

Speaking of left and right, one time it's good to be left is when you're walking down the street.
People who insist on walking on the wrong side of the footpath (aka sidewalk) are just asking to get stabbed. Definitely a peeve of mine. Bloody gronks.
There's a department store nearby which specifically directs people to enter through the wrong door (left, here in the US).  It never ceases to annoy me!

But it's a lot worse at the mall.  People just walk... wherever!  Sometimes in big slow formations that block the lane!  And they often walk as if I'm not there- I used to think they expected me to move, but eventually I figured out that they're just used to passing within a foot of strangers.  Possibly even brushing clothes!  It's absolute madness, I say.

Oh and they walk on the wrong side, often without any reason, the monsters.  It's a madhouse, but a madhouse with lots of pokestops and nice people who want to do raids together.
I still occasionally swell with pride at the average Norwegian's ability to recognize and respect that escalators have a passing lane.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #142386 on: January 31, 2019, 10:26:17 am »

Anyways, I just had the misfortune of listening to... To... Hell, I don't even know what to call it. I suppose it's technically still music, but that truly has got to be some of the worst rap(?) I've ever had the misfortune of being exposed to, and I don't even care for rap as a general genre.

Fuck it, Gucci Gang is leagues ahead of this nonsense. I just... Holy shit. Brain stop work.
In my opinion, it's... listenable. Pretty weak, but definitely not the worst. Hell, with its simple, repetitive beat it would make an alright elevator muzak. If this is the worst you've heard, I envy your unspoiled naïveté.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142387 on: January 31, 2019, 10:54:42 am »

I'll stick to DMCfosho and his unironically better ironic lyrics/delivery.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #142388 on: January 31, 2019, 01:37:00 pm »

Mixed with a good deal of sad.

As a lesson on what social media can conceal, my Journalism teacher directed us to two links.

This is Tara condell’s Instagram. She looks like she’s having fun, at least, no?

This is what a Google search of her name produces.

People lie on social media all the time, but not always because they’re organizing a Fyre Festival.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #142389 on: February 01, 2019, 02:50:12 am »

YouTube autotranslating titles of certain videos that aren't in English, not telling you it's done that and not having any options whatsoever to disable that shit. Tho this is YT we're talking about, this kind of asinine behaviour shouldn't suprise me anymore :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #142390 on: February 01, 2019, 03:17:25 am »

YouTube autotranslating titles of certain videos that aren't in English, not telling you it's done that and not having any options whatsoever to disable that shit. Tho this is YT we're talking about, this kind of asinine behaviour shouldn't suprise me anymore :I
Its not only English, I can tell you that much. Agreed, its confusing
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #142391 on: February 01, 2019, 03:26:36 am »

Seems to depend on the language you've set, but there's still no way to turn it off. What's more, I don't think there was any sort of "Hey, this is a new feature we'll be introducing" annoucement from them, which is rather irritating. Being pushed a shitty feature (because google translate is far from perfect, or even functional in certain cases), with no info on it and no ability to opt-out is fucking infuriating to say the least, the only reason they're able to do that shit is the monopoly they have over this stuff ffs
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #142392 on: February 01, 2019, 03:30:13 am »

I'm fairly sure I've missed out on videos due to the shitty title translation, as I ignored them under the assumption that they were some of those bizarre Andinian Technopop music titles.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #142393 on: February 01, 2019, 09:43:05 am »

"I have no idea what I've been doing, but she's getting naked. Cool, I guess?"

"Wait, why is she pulling out a knife?"

"I hope there's a good reason for that murder spree."

She just revealed the sought-after Breasts of Destiny, a pair of magical artefacts which can both create and destroy worlds. And all you did was ogle and make lewd comments.

She had a good reason for the murder spree.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #142394 on: February 01, 2019, 11:01:47 am »

You joke, but I'm pretty sure I've ran into a couple things over the years where someone's tits were, in fact, magical artifacts of great power, or something roughly equivalent.

Folks have rolled with other body parts, too. There's like an entire manga series I'm forgetting the name of that was fairly tame, but the key plot hook was some dude had like the omnidevil sealed into his balls, and him getting off meant the end of the world. Not particularly good, but better than you'd expect given the concept.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 9491 9492 [9493] 9494 9495 ... 10980