Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9493 9494 [9495] 9496 9497 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13172600 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #142410 on: February 02, 2019, 11:06:04 am »

Well if football scores are usually in the 1-4 range floorball is more like the 1-10 (still one point scored per goal), maybe, but yeah, still such a ridiculous outclassing - especially considering the French didn't even get a single shot at the goal.

Floorball is like inside bandy (bandy is like hockey on a much bigger field and with a ball instead of a puck) on a hockey-sized field. Still with a ball though.
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142411 on: February 03, 2019, 05:58:10 am »

Bumped into some poor immigrant chick while walking the dogs today, and she asked for directions to this one church she'd been invited to attend a sermon at. This area is swarming with churches, and I can't say I'm intimately familiar with them all, but I figured I'd try to help.

...I had no fucking clue where that particular church was, or where that street was supposed to be. And I couldn't exactly look it up just then (she commented that she didn't have "WiFi" on her phone to check it out herself), not only because I generally don't have 4G activated so I can scrimp on my miniscule data plan... But also because I didn't even have my phone with me.

I just kinda shrugged and pointed her in the direction of the two churches just across the street. Maybe someone in there would know better?

Got home a little bit ago and decided to see how badly I'd misdirected her. Yeah, not really a big surprise I'm not familiar with that street... It's 4 kilometers away from here, on the other side of the river. Not exactly on my normal walking route.

No idea how she managed to get spun around to the point that she was asking for it way out here... Probably met another helpful individual like me.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142412 on: February 03, 2019, 04:40:48 pm »

Gah, fukken unexplained, mildly excruciating pain in my armpit this morning.

Edit: not sure but I think I felt some swelling in there. HYPOCHONDRIA MODE, ENGAGE!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 04:50:57 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142413 on: February 03, 2019, 05:58:53 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 11:49:49 am by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142414 on: February 03, 2019, 06:17:54 pm »

Some news article popped up on Facebook about NATO (which Norway has gotten a lot more interested in reporting about after Jens Stoltenberg took his position there) and talks of Russia kinda, y'know... Pushing things. What with the nuclear weapons development and whatnot.

A fellow I know from the Sandy Fjord days, who has gone through a number of exciting career and lifestyle changes, is currently rather politically active. Well, on Facebook at least. He helpfully left a couple comments on the article.

Helpful fellow: "Erna Solberg (the current Norwegian Prime Minister) says that Russia has been 'settling themselves in' to their new place in the world with a clear ideology of utilizing military force...  Strictly speaking, isn't it the US and European countries who have been 'settling in' across most of the planet over these past centuries, dominating the world with their institutions and helping themselves to the resources of other nations?"

Helpful fellow: "It's no wonder there's tension between NATO and Russia, when Putin was stupid enough to put his country in such close proximity to European military bases......"

Jesus dude... Like, I know you're so woke that it's classified as a sleep disorder, but seriously. Russia. You're defending Putin for the sake of attacking the EU's naughtiness. Pick your battles, 'cause you can't pick your nose through that Fawkes mask.

And yes, those were two separate comments posted within a few minutes of one another.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #142415 on: February 03, 2019, 07:27:50 pm »

In the beginning,

there was only Darkness.

Then came the Laser Masters: keepers of THE LIGHT; wielders of mysterious power

who pushed back the Darkness

For many ages... there was much peace... and dancing

but over time, their deeds were forgotten

and the Order of the Laser Masters... vanished

But now, the Darkness has returned

and there is only one hope to keep the agents of Darkness at bay...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuUGrtmjQfY
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 07:55:04 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142416 on: February 03, 2019, 08:40:58 pm »

Holly shit is happening tonight?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142417 on: February 04, 2019, 02:40:12 am »

[Strictly speaking, isn't it the US and European countries who have been 'settling in' across most of the planet over these past centuries/quote]

Russia: *colonises 2/3rds of the world*
Russia: "u guys colonise too much, pls stop"
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142418 on: February 04, 2019, 04:52:04 am »

I need an instant replay on that unexpected social interaction I just had.
I feel as though I made an ass of myself, but on second thoughts I can't remember any particularly glaring moments of ass-ness apart from my being caught off-guard, which was understandable enough. I do tend to default to assuming any and all of my social interactions went poorly somehow.
Hmmmmm.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #142419 on: February 04, 2019, 05:13:54 am »

New Sunday School kid yesterday asked if I was a girl. I'm curious what she would have done if I'd said yes, given there's nothing feminine about me beyond my hair and a couple of my mannerisms. Might have been funny.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142420 on: February 04, 2019, 06:05:07 am »

New Sunday School kid yesterday asked if I was a girl. I'm curious what she would have done if I'd said yes, given there's nothing feminine about me beyond my hair and a couple of my mannerisms. Might have been funny.
Kids are kids. I had a schoolgirl ask me the same thing a while back, when I was walking the dogs.

My beard's almost five inches long.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #142421 on: February 04, 2019, 06:07:09 am »

Don't be sexist women can have beards.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142422 on: February 04, 2019, 07:24:35 am »

true
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142423 on: February 04, 2019, 09:32:24 am »

Women can also be beards

I knew a couple of adults and another kid in grade school who I just couldn't determine the gender of.  I wasn't sure why, and my curiosity just built up until I eventually asked them.  It's kinda like gender expression is a cultural thing kids learn as they grow up...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142424 on: February 04, 2019, 09:42:15 am »

Women can also be beards

I tried to make this joke too

It's kinda like gender expression is a cultural thing kids learn as they grow up...

*puppetry of the penis intensifies*
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 9493 9494 [9495] 9496 9497 ... 10983