Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9507 9508 [9509] 9510 9511 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12995858 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #142620 on: February 11, 2019, 07:16:07 am »

A couple of people in my social circle gave me what appeared to be heavy second-hand hints that a girl I'm pretty close friends with was into me, but didn't want to tell me herself. I even steeled myself for and embarked upon a gentle let-down conversation.

Turns out nope, the people I hang out with just thought it was a good idea for each of them in turn to explain to me that they thought my closest friend really liked me and that I could probably get with her. Acting solely on the observation that we were good friends and she was a girl, not on any actual information. Because there's no way I and the person I'd spent entire days talking to and even drunkenly made out with could have worked out for ourselves whether or not we wanted to be in a relationship.

It takes some real goddamn effrontery to tell a guy they'd make a really nice couple with someone before determining the wishes of either of the people involved. Oh well, at least it didn't have much external consequence. I've been trying to get better at reading social clues, but in the future I won't try to pick them up from Sand People.
One wheel short of a wagon

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142621 on: February 11, 2019, 07:17:10 am »

Feta is pretty good. A blue is pretty fucking good too.
But pizza. Cheese does not belong on a pizza.
I’m not sure if you could have possibly said anything more categorically untrue

A couple of people in my social circle gave me what appeared to be heavy second-hand hints that a girl I'm pretty close friends with was into me, but didn't want to tell me herself. I even steeled myself for and embarked upon a gentle let-down conversation.

Turns out nope, the people I hang out with just thought it was a good idea for each of them in turn to explain to me that they thought my closest friend really liked me and that I could probably get with her. Acting solely on the observation that we were good friends and she was a girl, not on any actual information. Because there's no way I and the person I'd spent entire days talking to and even drunkenly made out with could have worked out for ourselves whether or not we wanted to be in a relationship.

It takes some real goddamn effrontery to tell a guy they'd make a really nice couple with someone before determining the wishes of either of the people involved. Oh well, at least it didn't have much external consequence. I've been trying to get better at reading social clues, but in the future I won't try to pick them up from Sand People.
unsurprising
Black lives matter.

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142622 on: February 11, 2019, 07:19:22 am »

Begone demon

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #142623 on: February 11, 2019, 07:24:01 am »

Somewhere back in GD we have a pizza thread. Pretty sure it didn't get locked.

... but the point to bringing it up is that lots of things belong on a pizza, including cheese and donuts. Pizza is not limited by any one person's paltry constraints.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #142624 on: February 11, 2019, 07:25:52 am »

You are a false prophet!!

Embrace the cheese heretic or burn eternally on the holy flames of the pizza oven!!!
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142625 on: February 11, 2019, 07:30:50 am »

What about, like, an entire poached egg on a pizza? Had that one time, still not sure about it.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #142626 on: February 11, 2019, 07:39:43 am »

Still better than artichokes as a topping that someone once served me .  ::cue team america vomit gif::

(remembering that horrid thing counts as a WTF moment right? right?)

Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #142627 on: February 11, 2019, 08:16:35 am »

One of my friends occasionally sets out on a personal quest to produce the most bizarre pizzas ever. Toppings vary from the just-barely-fringe banana to the less-than-usual chips, or "literally everything you have in the shop".

It's still a pizza though! Descriptivism ahoy!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #142628 on: February 11, 2019, 08:20:24 am »

Chips are indeed pretty great as a pizza topping. Also surprisingly good in mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, various sorts of soup, and rice. Ruffled ones seem to work better than unruffled, though. You can put them in whole or crush 'em up, either is fine.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #142629 on: February 11, 2019, 08:46:41 am »

Did she at least take the let-down conversation well?

(also I know what you mean but sand people is not a polite term where I live)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142630 on: February 11, 2019, 08:49:02 am »

Google is getting in on the whole "Early Access" BS.

Except this isn't about any sort of vague QC shenanigans, it's purely extra money.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #142631 on: February 11, 2019, 08:51:30 am »

You're from Tatooine?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142632 on: February 11, 2019, 08:58:10 am »

Did she at least take the let-down conversation well?

She just laughed about it. She'd never dropped any hints of the kind. It was lightly embarassing, but fine really.

And yeah, by sand people I meant the crowd of hooting star wars fans butting in. I hadn't actually come across "sand people" for Arabs before, thanks for letting me know about that one.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142633 on: February 11, 2019, 09:03:36 am »

I was under the impression that the more offensive terms were "Towel head", "rag head" and "Hadji" (after the Johnny Quest character).  "Sand people" seems... I dunno.   I can see ignorant asses using it, like any other offensive term... but it seems uncommon to me.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #142634 on: February 11, 2019, 09:09:24 am »

You need to start understanding context, EH.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 9507 9508 [9509] 9510 9511 ... 10973