Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9525 9526 [9527] 9528 9529 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13189744 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #142890 on: February 16, 2019, 09:51:57 am »

... I just learned that Big O's start-up phrase was cribbed from Conan the Barbarian's sword. Crom Mecha Batman, what the hell.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #142891 on: February 16, 2019, 11:33:36 am »

"Any attention is good attention" and all that... It's obviously a ragebait article that is intended to spread as far as possible, and by reading and mentioning it I'm helping to spread it.
Oh, sorry. Sarcasm/irony doesn't convey easily in text :P

Also, I do believe rampant immigration on a European scale does much harm to both home and host through vast societal disruption.
I don't know what mystical connection it has to that article though.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #142892 on: February 16, 2019, 11:40:56 am »

"Any attention is good attention" and all that... It's obviously a ragebait article that is intended to spread as far as possible, and by reading and mentioning it I'm helping to spread it.
Oh, sorry. Sarcasm/irony doesn't convey easily in text :P

Also, I do believe rampant immigration on a European scale does much harm to both home and host through vast societal disruption.
It causes societal disruption because the countries take in the immigrants and then go... "welp, you're on your own now! What's that? You can't speak our language, have no idea about our customs and everything is more expensive? Tough luck!". Which obviously results in an immigrant underclass that hates, and is hated back by, the natives of their host country.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142893 on: February 16, 2019, 01:09:40 pm »

So... if I emigrate to the US to steal... the CO2 that's actually beneficent and the cornerstone of capitalism... the big boys with the corrupt and scheming renewable energies will make me and the rest of the oppressed masses that yearn to breathe free, pay their taxes for them?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142894 on: February 16, 2019, 01:29:06 pm »

So... if I emigrate to the US to steal... the CO2 that's actually beneficent and the cornerstone of capitalism... the big boys with the corrupt and scheming renewable energies will make me and the rest of the oppressed masses that yearn to breathe free, pay their taxes for them?
Exactly!

But, on the plus side, you can just take out a loan from any ol' bank and then default on paying it back, and it's actually the bank that will be left with the bill! Nobody actually checks credit ratings anyways...

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142895 on: February 16, 2019, 02:50:34 pm »

Exactly!

But, on the plus side, you can just take out a loan from any ol' bank and then default on paying it back, and it's actually the bank that will be left with the bill! Nobody actually checks credit ratings anyways...
I wish nobody did credit checks. My auto insurance would be cheaper.

But yeah, Baal! Come to us!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142896 on: February 16, 2019, 09:10:22 pm »

now I get two ads before youtube vids :/
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142897 on: February 16, 2019, 09:56:59 pm »

now I get two ads before youtube vids :/
heh... kid. I get zero ads before youtube vids, welcome to my cool world  8)
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #142898 on: February 16, 2019, 10:01:43 pm »

Hehehe, nothing commercial... Kid

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142899 on: February 16, 2019, 10:51:32 pm »

Chillax, man. Don't sweat it, you're super handsome and people like you~
Aw, thanks, fam.
I got there in the end. With the help of a nice, potent mai tai.
Overall that night was probably weird enough to count as its own wtf, but in a good way.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142900 on: February 17, 2019, 04:19:57 am »

Going back to the Blizzard layoffs from earlier, there's an article talking about how most of the positions were part of teams that no longer really had anything to do after their previous projects. This lines up with what I heard from one of the peeps working there, that they didn't have any plans or organization for the future.

It's still rather unfortunate that the employees should have to pay for the employers' mistakes and poor planning, but it's at least a little more understandable that they'd trim down departments that were being paid to sit around and do nothing; rather than just a cut-and-dry "make record profits, dump as many mouths as we can".

As an aside, yeah, fuck YouTube. One thing is an ad-free premium version, which is fine, but it's another thing entirely to lock functionality like "continue playing the video when it's not the active tab" (on mobile) behind the premium version as well.

EDIT: Oh, right, and the bourgeoisie bite back.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142901 on: February 17, 2019, 06:43:43 am »

Just realised, I cannot for the life of me recall what DC (you know, as in Washington) stands for. Heck.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142902 on: February 17, 2019, 06:46:01 am »

District of Columbia

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142903 on: February 17, 2019, 08:01:01 am »

Just read about that IBM advertisement where there is this question/statement about "use blockchain to fight poverty."

???

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #142904 on: February 17, 2019, 08:04:48 am »

Going back to the Blizzard layoffs from earlier, there's an article talking about how most of the positions were part of teams that no longer really had anything to do after their previous projects. This lines up with what I heard from one of the peeps working there, that they didn't have any plans or organization for the future.

It's still rather unfortunate that the employees should have to pay for the employers' mistakes and poor planning, but it's at least a little more understandable that they'd trim down departments that were being paid to sit around and do nothing; rather than just a cut-and-dry "make record profits, dump as many mouths as we can".

As an aside, yeah, fuck YouTube. One thing is an ad-free premium version, which is fine, but it's another thing entirely to lock functionality like "continue playing the video when it's not the active tab" (on mobile) behind the premium version as well.

EDIT: Oh, right, and the bourgeoisie bite back.
From what I understand AAA gaming companies just work like that.  Since different aspects of a project finish at different times, teams that finish earlier (like art) have a habit of getting laid off.  Way of the work force I guess.  You can have a high paying job, or a secure job.  Pick both or pick neither.  Seems companies what as many people as possible to be glorified temps.

Re: youtube, what pisses me off the most is that the website that invented being a hardass about online copyright enforcement, is now trying to make piracy its main source of income.  What I mean by this, is that the ability to run youtube with your phone closed is only useful for one thing: playing copyrighted music you haven't purchased.  Likewise watching ads is far more annoying when listening to music than it is when watching videos.  Basically youtube red is an online radio service that doesn't comply with copyright laws or compensate artists at all.  Fucking hypocrits.

(running youtube with your phone closed is also good for audiobooks/podcasts but there are already cheaper ways to do that on a phone)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 9525 9526 [9527] 9528 9529 ... 10984