Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9540 9541 [9542] 9543 9544 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13200755 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #143115 on: February 27, 2019, 01:21:34 am »

Pounded in the Butt by my Untitled Essay
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #143116 on: February 27, 2019, 01:41:53 am »

Today, I have given my essay a title. The notable thing is that this is the first time I've titled an essay in nearly six years. Every other time I've forgotten it.

I write everything in LaTeX these days, and my editor always opens files with a \maketitle. It saves me occasionally.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #143117 on: February 27, 2019, 05:11:59 am »

I'd find it hard to essay without a title. I constantly refer back to it to ensure I don't stray.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143118 on: February 27, 2019, 05:48:46 am »

So now my parents are mad at me for refusing to hand them $4500 on demand. My stepdad is blaming it on miscommunication; he said he intended it as a loan, whereas my mom said "gimme right now, maybe we'll pay you back half".

Also, Steam is doing one of its "do updates on everything" again.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143119 on: February 27, 2019, 01:28:10 pm »

So, apparently Serena Williams has responded to people calling her outburst during the 2018 US Open, well, an outburst.

She has responded by blaming the patriarchy.

Yeah, no, smashing a racket and yelling at the umpire to apologize to her isn't something I'd generally brush under the rug of "Heh, women!". For however valid her comments about male players getting away with similar offences may be, she absolutely did not behave in a responsible manner and I think it's really kinda shitty to try and normalize it by saying that it's just men placing unreasonable standards on women.

Fuck you for implying that other female athletes are the same kind of "crazy" that you are.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #143120 on: February 27, 2019, 02:05:23 pm »

. For however valid her comments about male players getting away with similar offences may be,
Is it really valid? I seem to recall someone went over the actual data and it doesnt follow

Fakeedit:  this might be the source but I'm not sure  https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/09/serena-williams-us-open-tantrum-outburst-controversy-penalty
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #143121 on: February 27, 2019, 03:41:44 pm »

So now my parents are mad at me for refusing to hand them $4500 on demand. My stepdad is blaming it on miscommunication; he said he intended it as a loan, whereas my mom said "gimme right now, maybe we'll pay you back half".

Wait are you... actually capable of paying that?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143122 on: February 27, 2019, 04:01:37 pm »

Wait are you... actually capable of paying that?

Under no conceivable circumstances would I demand money from my adult children. It would have to be some ridiculously extenuating circumstance, probably involving life or death.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143123 on: February 27, 2019, 04:14:21 pm »

I'd never consider giving them money if they demanded it. If they asked, or if I offered, then surely.

But everyone's relationship with their parents is different. I know mine would do absolutely anything for me, and also know that if they actively ask for money then they truly need it. Others' parents may be more inclined to guilt-trip their children, unfortunately.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143124 on: February 27, 2019, 04:16:19 pm »

I'd never consider giving them money if they demanded it. If they asked, or if I offered, then surely.

But everyone's relationship with their parents is different. I know mine would do absolutely anything for me, and also know that if they actively ask for money then they truly need it. Others' parents may be more inclined to guilt-trip their children, unfortunately.

Agreed, if my parents asked for it I would give it, and if I had exhausted all other options, I would ask. The demand is where it crosses a line.

And this would of course relate to my situation, and someone else's situation could be completely different.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #143125 on: February 27, 2019, 05:03:56 pm »

Akura has talked about his family situation before IIRC, mostly about how his mom is controlling.  I'm just wondering in what situation she felt she had enough power to make that demand, yet also felt that Akura had 4.5k in liquid cash lying around.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143126 on: February 27, 2019, 05:07:43 pm »

Controlling is one thing, batshit crazy is another. Kinda goes for both of them, not just the mom, at least according to what little I've heard.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143127 on: February 27, 2019, 05:28:57 pm »

I actually do have an amount greater than or equal to $4500 saved away. Beyond that, I try to avoid revealing how I'm doing financially. And of course, they simply assumed I had it. They have no idea how much I have, they never asked, and I'm sure as hell not going to tell them.

I'm just wondering in what situation she felt she had enough power to make that demand

The camper she wanted me to pay for was so that if we have to leave our house before we can buy a house and move in, we can just live in the woods until we do.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143128 on: February 27, 2019, 05:29:59 pm »

Pretend you don't have that much?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143129 on: February 27, 2019, 05:30:22 pm »

Akura. That's enough to cover you clearing out, so to speak. I don't know your situation, but would that be viable for you?

But yeah. Reveal nothing.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 9540 9541 [9542] 9543 9544 ... 10984