Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9562 9563 [9564] 9565 9566 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13186517 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #143445 on: March 11, 2019, 11:00:35 am »

Got a call this morning that i need to shut down all thegas pumps, cant sell any gas. Because the new guy with the gas supplier pumped diesel into the gas tank.

Apparently they also didnt get us any diesel, because they then called back and said we have to chip the ice off the diesel tank hatch, which is, apparently, why the new guy decided to pump diesel into the gas tank.

Just, what the fuck?
Is the supplier liable for the gas suppy + sales your company is going to lose today?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #143446 on: March 11, 2019, 11:05:03 am »

Well that’s fucked up. What happens to all of that contaminated gas? Down the sink?
I honestly have no idea... i suppose thats a question worth asking while the guys here, but you may well be right. Unless theres some sneaky trick to separate the two ive never heard of. Google offers nothing, either.

We had 2500 gallons gasoline and they pumped 1000 gallons diesel into that. So waaaayyy beyond the limit of what any modern engine could handle.

@enigmatichat; theyre coming fix the problem, i have no idea about lost sales though, thats an argument for the boss and them. Hes been made aware, so it should be fun.

They also tried to pump gas into the diesel tank from the look of things, but failed as evidenced by the tank level there being the same. They claimed it must be frozen, its clearly not frozen, and the rim of the cap is full of gas.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 11:07:16 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143447 on: March 11, 2019, 11:07:15 am »

Fraction distillation at a refinery is the only way I know of to separate them again.  They have different vapor points (which is why the mixture will stall a modern engine cold, or if it does fire, will cause all manner of bad juju)  so the mix can be re-distilled into separate components again.  Just costly and time consuming.

Is your new delivery guy color blind or something? I am fairly confident that the tanks and the hoses are color coded...

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #143448 on: March 11, 2019, 11:22:56 am »

What will probably happen, is it will go back to the depot and be used to cut the next few diesel shipments. A little gas in your diesel is no big deal, the other way around is a much larger issue.

EDIT: A little gas in your diesel. It will have to be cut a bunch.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #143449 on: March 11, 2019, 11:25:31 am »

But its a 3:1 gas/diesel mix (based on the fuel printouts), thatd kill any engine!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #143450 on: March 11, 2019, 11:35:08 am »

that's honestly something else. was the driver for yall's fuel supplier, like, brand new? to the job and also to the planet earth? I'm pretty sure most children can tell the difference between the big green pump and the one with all the numbers

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143451 on: March 11, 2019, 11:47:51 am »

that's honestly something else. was the driver for yall's fuel supplier, like, brand new? to the job and also to the planet earth? I'm pretty sure most children can tell the difference between the big green pump and the one with all the numbers
My guess is he'd probably been sampling the wares.

First rule of being a dealer: Never use your own stock.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143452 on: March 11, 2019, 12:25:46 pm »

Fraction distillation at a refinery is the only way I know of to separate them again.

I mean, I could be wrong but a centrifuge or a couple months might also sort it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143453 on: March 11, 2019, 12:47:52 pm »

Fraction distillation at a refinery is the only way I know of to separate them again.

I mean, I could be wrong but a centrifuge or a couple months might also sort it.

That's a big ass centrifuge you got there
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #143454 on: March 11, 2019, 12:55:51 pm »

But its a 3:1 gas/diesel mix (based on the fuel printouts), thatd kill any engine!

That is why it would be used to cut other loads. Mix a little in with every outgoing diesel load until it is gone.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #143455 on: March 11, 2019, 01:36:03 pm »

Ah, i see what you mean now. They might try that, i guess theyre sleezy enough.
I make Spellcrafts!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #143456 on: March 11, 2019, 01:41:28 pm »

That's a big ass-centrifuge you got there
You definitely shouldn't pour any mix of gasoline and/or diesel into your bum; you'd get a horrible poisoning even before you could start spinning, and the rectal bleeding would just contaminate the fuel further.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143457 on: March 11, 2019, 02:12:34 pm »

That's a big ass-centrifuge you got there
You definitely shouldn't pour any mix of gasoline and/or diesel into your bum; you'd get a horrible poisoning even before you could start spinning, and the rectal bleeding would just contaminate the fuel further.

The solution is obviously to apply the diesel-ine to already-spinning asstrifuges for brief periods of time to avoid damaging them permanently.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #143458 on: March 11, 2019, 03:03:51 pm »

But it's a total of 3500 gallons. You're going to need a lot of time and a lot of asses... Hang on...

* IcyTea31 pulls of his glasses dramatically.

By Eris, I think you just solved the world's unemployment problems!
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #143459 on: March 11, 2019, 03:42:47 pm »

Get off your lazy asses, you bums! We've got a lot of pipe to shove up there!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 9562 9563 [9564] 9565 9566 ... 10983