Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9567 9568 [9569] 9570 9571 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13146519 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #143520 on: March 13, 2019, 04:12:16 pm »

I don't want to be the old and crudmogenly elitist forum goer :(
You gonna embrace yelling at those meddling kids to get off the damn lawn thread
It's a way of life.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #143521 on: March 13, 2019, 04:24:50 pm »

Speaking of, y'all kids better get off this thread before the mods get here!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143522 on: March 13, 2019, 04:25:24 pm »

Holy heck. This is certainly some news to wake up to. :o
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143523 on: March 13, 2019, 04:25:41 pm »

Speaking of, y'all kids better get off this thread before the mods get here!
*hops backyard fence*
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #143524 on: March 14, 2019, 12:00:19 am »

Work might be starting to get to me. Just looked at a cassette tape in passing and my eyes immediately focused in on the ISBN that was showing. no brain you're not cataloging the tape the library doesn't even keep those things anymore what are you doing
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #143525 on: March 14, 2019, 12:10:07 am »

I know that feeling well.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143526 on: March 14, 2019, 01:23:15 am »

Try experiencing the "That woman has 3+ pitting edema" moments when you see the diabetic fat women at Walmart, while you are doing your shopping, and the impulsive urge to get their blood sugar readings, and put their TED hose on them.

also, impulsive urge to sanitize at every sanitizing station you come across, due to ingrained professional habits.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #143527 on: March 14, 2019, 01:37:32 am »

Are those really professional habits, though, or just the perfectly logical behavioral result of being in proximity to walmart customers?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143528 on: March 14, 2019, 01:45:46 am »

Holy heck. This is certainly some news to wake up to. :o
Yeah, it made me WTF hard enough to come back to the forums for a bit.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #143529 on: March 14, 2019, 01:57:14 am »

I'm simultaneously in denial and in acceptance of the fact that DF will be on Steam.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143530 on: March 14, 2019, 02:08:54 am »

I am silently hoping that the improved UI code makes its way into the free version, and that this drives a focus on more optimized, and parallelized code.  this is probably a vain hope, but I still have it.

I looked in the steam forum and saw all the toxic posts from Neonivek that everyone was talking about in DF General...  Some part of me wants to chip in and be helpful, but then again, I get the feeling that rampant butthurt is going to make that difficult.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #143531 on: March 14, 2019, 02:18:06 am »

Part of me just hopes that Neonivek gets bored and does something else. Another part of me hopes that Neonivek becomes an entertaining source of chaos for the DF community.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143532 on: March 14, 2019, 02:28:46 am »

The publisher, Kitfox, has a Discord server where there was a lot of discussion today.  The messages are still available, and all the big names were on to explain things.

That involves using Discord and browsing through a whole lot of talk, though, so here's the FAQ pinned to that channel:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xwhi1KKp5QD9R4-euZ0JqRB0vHdNPqdBJXjIgp-yYHA/preview?ts=5c786ef7/pubhtml
There's also a Reddit AMA happening tomorrow at noon Pacific Time.

From a quick search though, the consensus is:  The Steam (and itch.io) "version" will be the same as the free version, with the addition of: a premium artset, new music, and possibly steam workshop & achievements.
It's late here and it'll be clear in the AMA in 11.5 hours, but my understanding is that people will be free to make art assets which use all the new features, without having the paid versions.  You pay for the art and music, pretty much, and whatever unconfirmed Steam stuff.

(Also I haven't seen Neoniveks reviews :'(  Guess I'll look when I wake up)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143533 on: March 14, 2019, 02:30:45 am »

Got woke up by my cell phone being overridden by some kind of alert system, blaring a loud and obnoxious warning "Amber Alert: Be on the lookout for a white male *message repeats five more times*".

Thanks a bunch phone, I'll do that *looks in mirror* oh no...

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143534 on: March 14, 2019, 02:35:43 am »

The publisher, Kitfox, has a Discord server where there was a lot of discussion today.  The messages are still available, and all the big names were on to explain things.

That involves using Discord and browsing through a whole lot of talk, though, so here's the FAQ pinned to that channel:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xwhi1KKp5QD9R4-euZ0JqRB0vHdNPqdBJXjIgp-yYHA/preview?ts=5c786ef7/pubhtml
There's also a Reddit AMA happening tomorrow at noon Pacific Time.

From a quick search though, the consensus is:  The Steam (and itch.io) "version" will be the same as the free version, with the addition of: a premium artset, new music, and possibly steam workshop & achievements.
It's late here and it'll be clear in the AMA in 11.5 hours, but my understanding is that people will be free to make art assets which use all the new features, without having the paid versions.  You pay for the art and music, pretty much, and whatever unconfirmed Steam stuff.

(Also I haven't seen Neoniveks reviews :'(  Guess I'll look when I wake up)

It looks like tile re-use is no longer a thing with the graphics engine they have appended, which means the tile sets can do things the free version cannot do.  It also apparently supports "Stacked" tiles, which means you could (theoretically, I would have to actually SEE, and mess around with) make it so dwarf sprites show what they are carrying, etc... In addition to increasing the resolution of the sprites themselves significantly over what vanilla supports.

Pages: 1 ... 9567 9568 [9569] 9570 9571 ... 10980