Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9570 9571 [9572] 9573 9574 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13178300 times)

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #143565 on: March 15, 2019, 05:58:24 am »

Fucking windows 10 >:(

Why do they need to have two “control panels” ,one of which has limited functionality to boot?? And why do they require me to change the region settings before I can get access to the rest of the date formats? Who needs the option of four different month/day/year formats but no day/month/year?
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #143566 on: March 15, 2019, 06:02:31 am »

People fear the superiority of the d/m/y. The fear it, so they hate it.
Love, scriver~

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #143567 on: March 15, 2019, 06:23:07 am »

yyyy-mm-dd is the best by far

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143568 on: March 15, 2019, 06:37:34 am »

I live in the US.  It's dd/mm/yyyy or nothing!!

Peterbo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #143569 on: March 15, 2019, 07:54:59 am »

People fear the superiority of the d/m/y. The fear it, so they hate it.

With fear comes hatred, with hatred comes anger, with anger comes destruction.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143570 on: March 15, 2019, 08:27:31 am »

I just use UNIX time.

Days? When we're going, we don't need...days.  8)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #143571 on: March 15, 2019, 09:45:14 am »

I got another call for a job interview today, not a week after my apprenticeship/internship program started. This happened last year too, where I was taking a program for CNC operators and got a job offer in something unrelated literally a week after the course seriously started. That time I quit the course and took the job, but as it turned out the job was shit with shit hours and shit pay and I quit it soon after, but at that point it was too late to get back into the course.

This time is a bit different since the internship doesn't offer much concrete licence stuff but is still a great way to weasel myself into the local tech companies and get to know the people. The job on the other hand is a from a fairly respectable company and is actually up my educational alley for whatever that's worth since I hadn't really touched that stuff in a couple of years so my knowledge of the field is a bit rusty to put it mildly.

My WTF here is why the hell does this shit have to coincide like this, is it really too much to ask that wildly different opportunities don't all come at the same goddamn time but instead stagger it a bit, even a few weeks so I can atleast gauge each properly instead of taking a wild stab at which might work out better in the long run :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #143572 on: March 15, 2019, 10:23:52 am »

The truly enlightened mind knows that time is just a human invention and thus dates things in dd/yyyy/mm  :P
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #143573 on: March 15, 2019, 10:29:01 am »

Nope, we use current degrees of orbital cycle since the spring equinox in the northern hemisphere and orbits since the death of galileo.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143574 on: March 15, 2019, 10:35:09 am »

Windows 10
You are not required to create a password for an account, but if you do, you also have to select 3 control questions in case you forget it.
Yes, select, not write them yourself. And all that you can select are ones, that someone who knows you could know answers for as well. Answers to some of them would even be known by anyone who read your CV.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #143575 on: March 15, 2019, 10:56:23 am »

Wait, what? Control questions? I seriously never set mine. Is this a new feature that Microsoft's rolling out for some goddamned reason? Why, just why? The answer to every single one of the questions could probably be found by skimming through the person's Facebook profile, or something. None of these are even remotely private. They're all just random trivia questions specific to a single person.

For me, it's all low-density fodder that gets crushed to dust the moment it reaches my mind.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #143576 on: March 15, 2019, 11:09:17 am »

I just use UNIX time.

I know that is originally from Event Horizon but is there an older version they got it from? I feel like I heard it before EH

Wait, what? Control questions? I seriously never set mine. Is this a new feature that Microsoft's rolling out for some goddamned reason? Why, just why? The answer to every single one of the questions could probably be found by skimming through the person's Facebook profile, or something. None of these are even remotely private. They're all just random trivia questions specific to a single person.

For me, it's all low-density fodder that gets crushed to dust the moment it reaches my mind.

I set my control questions with completely unrelated answers that I write down and keep in my dingy random crap drawer in a little box. My cyber security is great.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143577 on: March 15, 2019, 11:12:00 am »

Another story was about parents raising "Procrastinating Kids", which navel gazed at how the young people these days just don't have any drive or attention span; and it recommended apps to lock them out of their phone. I thought it missed the point about how awful the educational system is that it induces this behavior to begin with.

Yeah, I read about that:

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #143578 on: March 15, 2019, 11:16:29 am »

I thought that children being annoying and uncooperative little shits was one of the social constants of this world, especially for those who have to deal with them?

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143579 on: March 15, 2019, 11:17:08 am »

I just use UNIX time.

I know that is originally from Event Horizon but is there an older version they got it from? I feel like I heard it before EH

Replace "days" with "roads." It's from Back to the Future.
Pages: 1 ... 9570 9571 [9572] 9573 9574 ... 10983