Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9573 9574 [9575] 9576 9577 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13189336 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #143610 on: March 16, 2019, 07:39:35 am »

You could probably do the same with Obama and Bush.

And will definitely be able to do the same if a democrat wins over Trump.
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143611 on: March 16, 2019, 08:01:41 am »

*Clicks on link to news article

"Hi, we noticed you're using adblocker. We rely on advertisements for funding journalism, please disable your adblocker to view the page"

Meh. Alright, I'll pause it for a whi-

Ads blocked on this page: 106

Fucking hell.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143612 on: March 16, 2019, 08:31:01 am »

*Clicks on link to news article

"Hi, we noticed you're using adblocker. We rely on advertisements for funding journalism, please disable your adblocker to view the page"

Meh. Alright, I'll pause it for a whi-

Ads blocked on this page: 106

Fucking hell.

"Well I guess I don't need news anyway" is always my first thought.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #143613 on: March 16, 2019, 08:50:09 am »

Ran into one of those a few days ago. Turns out if you hit the stop button part way through the load, you can stop the notice from loading and continue reading. The shit design of news sites isn't limited to just the layout, I guess...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #143614 on: March 16, 2019, 08:52:56 am »

Today I saw a van that belong to some company whose initials/logo are SCP.

Should I be worried?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143615 on: March 16, 2019, 08:58:28 am »

Today I saw a van that belong to some company whose initials/logo are SCP.

Should I be worried?

A lot of SCPs kill through simple proximity or being aware of their existence, so yes. Best make some distance right now.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #143617 on: March 16, 2019, 09:35:56 am »

Grandpa just shared a "SHARE IF YOU AGREE" text-image on his Facebook page, that starts off with the classic opening of "I'm definitely not a racist, but", and then goes on to basically just parrot "If you don't like our country's laws, ethics and community, you can get out!".

Which is actually pretty funny, because the king has specifically come out and said that Norway is and should be a place of great diversity, and that it is a country that celebrates and is enriched by its many varied cultures, ethnicities, religions, backgrounds, orientations and whatever else.

So if gramps doesn't agree with that then, well... I guess he can leave?

I saw a hilarious post that referenced that in relation to Ameripolitics. It was the usual "if you don't like trump leave!" Crap, followed by "why didn't you leave when Obama was President?"
Meanwhile Canada is standing there timidly saying "uh, we have laws here you know... you can't just come here and... ok, talk over me, that's fine"
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #143618 on: March 16, 2019, 09:38:46 am »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewbacca_defense

...is an actual article.
It was mentioned in the news, so I guess that means it's notable by Wikipedia standards.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143619 on: March 16, 2019, 10:27:53 am »

Today I found a new brilliant artist (Masayasu Uchida), sadly, since he's an old dude (or even dead, there's not even a wiki about him) he doesn't have any sort of online portfolio or whatever, there are a few pintrest boards with a bunch of his works though and those are useful enough. So I bookmarked one for later use, except the bookmark is kinda fucky. You see, if I open the page trough the google link it works fine, if I reload it there, it works fine, but if I open a new tab and paste the link there it opens a blank page on pintrest, reloading doesn't fix it, ditto for opening it trough the bookmark.

The fuck is this shit?

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masayasu_Uchida

Translated:
Uchida graduated in 1943 at the then Technical High School (now Yokohama State University) in Yokohama from his training as an architect. From 1953 he worked in the press department of today Kanebo called company. In 1956 he founded the company AD, a kind of art agency. From 1960 he worked in the adult education of the city Yokohama.

In 1971, his first solo exhibition at the Mitsubishi Gallery took place under the title "The Heart of Japan" (Nihon no kokoro), exhibiting stickers (貼 り 絵, Hari-e). In 1973 another exhibition took place in the Mitsubishi Gallery, the pictures of which were published by the publisher Kodansha. Uchida was thereby awarded the prize of the President of the Association of Japanese printing companies (日本 印刷 工業 会長, Nihon insatsu kōgyō kaichō shō).

This was followed by other awards and publications, Uchida later also designed walls for schools and sports facilities in Yokohama with pictures from colored fired tiles.

Uchida consistently creates landscapes in a large-scale structure, which contain rather framed scenes in detail. The landscapes have seasonal reference, the scenes by the sea are often captured in the evening light. A lasting success are the annual calendars designed by Uchida.

For several years there has been the "Uchida Masayasu Memorial Art Gallery" (内 田正泰 記念 ー ー ー ー ー, ー, Uchida Masayasu Kinen Āto Gyararī) in Kamakura with permanent exhibitions.

http://uchidamasayasu.com/gallery.php <-Here's his website gallery
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 10:38:27 am by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143620 on: March 16, 2019, 10:32:41 am »

ー ー ー ー ー, ー,

I really need to brush up on my morse katakana. I don't understand what this means at all.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #143621 on: March 16, 2019, 10:56:24 am »

Well, there goes another night where I go to bed at midnight and spend the next six hours staring at the ceiling before sleeping until midday.

The WTF is that I was actually tired and have no idea why this shit happens.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143622 on: March 16, 2019, 11:10:10 am »

I went to bed at 1:30 last night and woke up again at 3 with my entire body in full "the bed is lava" mode.

Spent half an hour thrashing around before I realized "Oh, right. I had a cup of coffee twelve hours ago. That explains why I can't sleep".

And that's why I tend not to drink coffee.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #143623 on: March 16, 2019, 11:23:34 am »

Today I found a new brilliant artist (Masayasu Uchida), sadly, since he's an old dude (or even dead, there's not even a wiki about him) he doesn't have any sort of online portfolio or whatever, there are a few pintrest boards with a bunch of his works though and those are useful enough. So I bookmarked one for later use, except the bookmark is kinda fucky. You see, if I open the page trough the google link it works fine, if I reload it there, it works fine, but if I open a new tab and paste the link there it opens a blank page on pintrest, reloading doesn't fix it, ditto for opening it trough the bookmark.

The fuck is this shit?

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masayasu_Uchida

Translated:
Uchida graduated in 1943 at the then Technical High School (now Yokohama State University) in Yokohama from his training as an architect. From 1953 he worked in the press department of today Kanebo called company. In 1956 he founded the company AD, a kind of art agency. From 1960 he worked in the adult education of the city Yokohama.

In 1971, his first solo exhibition at the Mitsubishi Gallery took place under the title "The Heart of Japan" (Nihon no kokoro), exhibiting stickers (貼 り 絵, Hari-e). In 1973 another exhibition took place in the Mitsubishi Gallery, the pictures of which were published by the publisher Kodansha. Uchida was thereby awarded the prize of the President of the Association of Japanese printing companies (日本 印刷 工業 会長, Nihon insatsu kōgyō kaichō shō).

This was followed by other awards and publications, Uchida later also designed walls for schools and sports facilities in Yokohama with pictures from colored fired tiles.

Uchida consistently creates landscapes in a large-scale structure, which contain rather framed scenes in detail. The landscapes have seasonal reference, the scenes by the sea are often captured in the evening light. A lasting success are the annual calendars designed by Uchida.

For several years there has been the "Uchida Masayasu Memorial Art Gallery" (内 田正泰 記念 ー ー ー ー ー, ー, Uchida Masayasu Kinen Āto Gyararī) in Kamakura with permanent exhibitions.

http://uchidamasayasu.com/gallery.php <-Here's his website gallery

Thanks, I dismissed the german wiki because it was in german, tho it's a bit wierd why they specifically have it :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143624 on: March 16, 2019, 11:24:13 am »

Actually, thank you, I really like his work XD
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 9573 9574 [9575] 9576 9577 ... 10983