Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9615 9616 [9617] 9618 9619 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13175723 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #144240 on: April 11, 2019, 10:45:18 am »

As I understand it, that's basically all that advanced mathematics is. I prefer using a hammer, personally.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144241 on: April 11, 2019, 10:54:41 am »

The bees in the eye thing...  I can totally understand that through some ridiculous series of events, probabilities and a bit of chaos that a person could end up with a bee in their eye.

The idea that you could have that ridiculously low-chance event happen FOUR TIMES at once and get FOUR bees in your eye boggles my mind.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #144242 on: April 11, 2019, 11:01:24 am »

Why did I write this? What compelled me to do this?
Because you wanted to bring back the EVIL SPECTER OF MATH TO THE WTF THREAD
BEGONE VILE BEAST!
EXILE!
EXILE TO THE MATH THREAD!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #144243 on: April 11, 2019, 11:12:07 am »

As I understand it, that's basically all that advanced mathematics is. I prefer using a hammer, personally.
Sure, but computing the nth root of a number is typically done through Newton's method or some other suitable root-finding algorithm. To try and use (slowly-converging and computationally-inefficient) Taylor series to do the same thing is a joke on the level of reverse-emulating an NES; it, as the linked video would call it, is an example of improper hierarchy.

Why did I write this? What compelled me to do this?
Because you wanted to bring back the EVIL SPECTER OF MATH TO THE WTF THREAD
BEGONE VILE BEAST!
EXILE!
EXILE TO THE MATH THREAD!
Where's the math thread? Also, math? Evil specter? Heh, that's art to me. Also, I thought Toady was a mathematician, with a PhD to prove it? Who are you to call a Dabbling Mathematician a "vile beast" when the guy whose name shows up in red is presumably even worse?
...look, alright, I enjoy aimlessly wandering through math, but I don't really have anywhere to put my "adventures", so I dump them here.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 01:24:33 am by methylatedspirit »

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144244 on: April 11, 2019, 04:50:10 pm »

Went to feed the cat today and I emptied her packet of food into the bin and didn't fully realise until I was about to put the empty packet in a bowl.

The hell brain?
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #144245 on: April 12, 2019, 02:09:58 am »

And the cat just looks on in horror.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144246 on: April 12, 2019, 02:16:57 am »

I've done that several times, like when I put the phone in the sink when I went hang it up, or when I threw a bowl in the trash instead of the sink.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #144247 on: April 12, 2019, 02:20:12 am »

In all honesty I dont understand the autopsy requirements here
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #144248 on: April 12, 2019, 08:10:17 am »

In all honesty I dont understand the autopsy requirements here
Step 1: Be dead
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144249 on: April 12, 2019, 09:58:47 am »

Pff. Autopsy, vivisection. That’s rank pedantry.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144250 on: April 12, 2019, 10:15:07 am »

That’s rank
You're supposed to keep them cool so that doesn't happen.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144251 on: April 12, 2019, 10:56:56 pm »

I was apparently getting a small tv to replace my old tv for my birthday.  It did not arrive.  After being told about it and being given the information I did some detective work.  Shipping from wal mart on the 3rd.

All addresses correct billing shipping everything valid tracking number.  Check the tracking number and it apparently arrived at it's destination on the 8th... that's odd it was supposed to arrive after my birthday on the 11th.   And it was delivered to.... no street address, no zip code, different city entirely.  Ok that's odd.

Call fedex, give tracking number.  Didn't ask for all the information cuz I doubt they'd give it to me with just a tracking number, but apparently the only thing I have right about the order is the tracking number, all other info is incorrect.  Dude on the phone says it wasn't even shipped by walmart.

Call wal mart support, after I give my info dude on the phone immediately sees that the shipping city and delivered city are on other sides of the state and escalates me up to next level support who unfortunately won't be open til tomorrow, but will contact me.

My WTF is, how is the system not smart enough to do a simple if statement?  "If [shipping city] /= [delivered city] then Call 'Raise all the red flags' "
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 10:59:00 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144252 on: April 12, 2019, 10:57:06 pm »

The black out in Venezuela was caused by Call of Duty... no, really. Obviously only a company as vicious and evil as Activision can be behind so much suffering and death.

This is really told by the mafia controlling the country. A sniper from several km of distance fired a single bullet that brought down an entire electric system of a country and all was inspired by calll of duty.

Thank God they didn't got inspiration from Dwarf Fortress then.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144253 on: April 12, 2019, 11:21:45 pm »

A terrorist inspired by the video game Dwarf Fortress has flooded the entire world with lava.  Scientists say the task took many eons to the universe but due to "FPS issues" We perceive it as happening overnight.  The game is obviously a training tool designed by the satanist cult known as the internet, as it is free for anyone to install, clearly indicating ulterior motives.  Links to the terrorist group known as anonymous are as yet unproven, but are obviously there because we say so. 

More at 11.

EDIT: To stay true to our journalistic integrity we are running a correction.  The game was not created by the internet, but instead was created by a Frog and a Hamster in the Washington DC area.  The internet however is heavily involved. As is anonymous obviously.  Chemtrails are also being implicated in what is turning out to be a conspiracy of the highest order.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 11:27:48 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #144254 on: April 12, 2019, 11:27:14 pm »

If it's Adventure mode that they'd be taking inspiration from, it's just gonna be this random weirdo throwing leaves at the ground, shouting "I have improved my archery. That was very satisfying!" at anyone who asks.
Pages: 1 ... 9615 9616 [9617] 9618 9619 ... 10983