Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9625 9626 [9627] 9628 9629 ... 10979

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13133763 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #144390 on: April 20, 2019, 05:56:36 am »

the time shift straight up kills people -- there's apparently a measurable jump in deaths when DST changes happen -- ]

Byt it also saves people! There's an equivalent dip in heart attack deaths after the extra hour in autumn ;)
Love, scriver~

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144391 on: April 20, 2019, 07:01:52 am »

I always think of the S in DST makes it "daylight shifting time", not "daylight saving time".

My guilty pleasure - and WTF for the week - has been looking at flat earth arguments.   :o

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #144392 on: April 20, 2019, 07:31:41 am »

There's something incredibly fascinating in watching the asylum inmates debating each other.
In a time before time, I had a name.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #144393 on: April 20, 2019, 08:41:06 am »

There's something incredibly fascinating in watching the asylum inmates masturbating each other.
I misread that
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #144394 on: April 20, 2019, 08:42:14 am »

Masturbating, mass debating, same difference.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #144395 on: April 20, 2019, 08:47:23 am »

Master baiting, also.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144396 on: April 20, 2019, 08:49:25 am »

Mast abating?

Oh wait that's the opposite.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 08:51:12 am by JoshuaFH »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #144397 on: April 20, 2019, 09:01:00 am »

Is it, though? It's either the goal or a potential aid, not so much opposite.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #144398 on: April 20, 2019, 09:09:03 am »

This is very human-like way of replying to fellow humans. I feel empathy towards you too, my fellow human friend.

Bay12: Where AIs get trolled
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144399 on: April 20, 2019, 09:45:40 am »

I'd say it doesn't really make things that much harder, but the time shift straight up kills people -- there's apparently a measurable jump in deaths when DST changes happen -- so I'unno how accurate that is. It's pretty shit tbh, and there's some push to just knock that crap off.

Apparently that's over-stated according to some articles I read.

Yes, there's a spike in e.g. heart attacks in the days after DST starts. But ... there's actually a drop-off of exactly identical proportions a little later - you get a few days of above-average heart attacks followed by a few days of below-average hearts attacks. So ... a few people had a couple of days shaved off their life due to missing 1 hour of sleep at a critical time. But ... the overall number of hearts attacks didn't change, if you look at the slightly longer time-frame than "a couple of days after DST changes". So, yeah it's misleading at best to say there are more hearts attacks and similar as a result of DST.

This also omits the important fact that during the opposite change, the reverse happens. Less hearts attacks right after the clocks are put back, and people get an extra hour of sleep. Anyway, all of this doesn't prove that DST is good or bad, it just shows that people aren't getting enough sleep in any case.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 09:55:25 am by Reelya »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #144400 on: April 20, 2019, 06:06:49 pm »

Amazon currently has the comic-book adaptation of the Diary Of Anne Frank on sale - for $14.88. This is an unfortunate price, given the neo-nazi connections to the number 1488.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144401 on: April 20, 2019, 06:08:29 pm »

Pretty sure a 4.20 hitler's birthday comic book of the least interesting diary for 14.88 is absolutely a troll item.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144402 on: April 20, 2019, 06:28:32 pm »

I was expecting it to be a troll underpricing it to the meme amount, but... looks like it's actually Amazon itself?
https://imgur.com/Lbb7Bh7
I didn't know about the 1488 dogwhistle before now, but yeah.  Pricing things $14.88 is apparently a common version of it.

They say it's 40% off the list price of $24.95, but that would be $14.97.  Not sure what to think about this.

(Unrelated, Firefox was starting to ignore keypresses because I was out of memory again.  Went from 7.62GB to 1.4GB by shutting it down, then back up to 2.88GB by relaunching it.  It's nice that it caches things but I need to be able to type kthx)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 06:31:14 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #144403 on: April 20, 2019, 06:46:06 pm »

I made sure to check the seller before commenting on it. Has to be some odd rounding on the discount (40% of $24.95 is $9.98, the 10.07 they're applying would be for a $25.17 item), but it is very odd.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144404 on: April 20, 2019, 06:53:29 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2ppLtHbag4

Damn it; I guess it is on HBO, but still.

I'm sorry, but really? I mean let's have the children's show crossover to the world of people eating nightmares and incest..... What the...? No.... Just no.

I choose to believe this is the end result of all that drinking. You have drank too damn much when Elmo shows up in armor. That is the rule.

And who ends up on the Iron Throne? Forget about all your office betting pools, it's Grover. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhWUFXvaZjo

Somebody out there just won on some VERY LONG odds.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 07:07:04 pm by Robot Parade Leader »
Pages: 1 ... 9625 9626 [9627] 9628 9629 ... 10979