Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9636 9637 [9638] 9639 9640 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13194937 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #144555 on: April 27, 2019, 07:28:41 pm »

Go cute or dont shoot
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #144556 on: April 27, 2019, 07:58:59 pm »

Go cute or dont shoot
listen to this wisdom

meta changes, cute is eternal
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144557 on: April 27, 2019, 08:41:09 pm »

Well, are the girls in question cute already?
Surely they don't need to accentuate their existing cuteness so badly that they nerf their unit's effectiveness?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144558 on: April 27, 2019, 08:48:17 pm »

The girls are the units are the guns, if I understand correctly. So yes, they are already cute, but some of them are cuter than others (subjectively, I guess.)
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144559 on: April 27, 2019, 08:49:35 pm »

Go cute or dont shoot
listen to this wisdom

meta changes, cute is eternal
I'm so happy that such wisdom exists on Bay 12.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #144560 on: April 27, 2019, 08:58:48 pm »

Since like, I gotta be honest both SAT 8 and AA 12 are adorable.

But AA 12 is a sugar addict misanthrope insomniac with permanent bags under her eyes and I relate to that a hell of a lot more.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144561 on: April 28, 2019, 06:14:03 am »

SO-- building on Trekin's prior experiment on melting drink mix, I went ahead with my own trial with orange tang premix, except I cut it with light corn syrup, and pretended the drink mix was white sugar (which as trekin points out, it basically is.) Since I used the microwave, I omitted water to save time.

It melted easily in the microwave in a paper bowl, and made very nice candy filaments.  The result is not insipidly sweet. (Light corn syrup is significantly less sweet than sucrose. This is because baking light corn syrup is NOT high fructose corn syrup, and is mostly glucose.)

I will need to tweak the ratio to get a good strong tang flavor, but this should work very well should (when?) I order the cotton candy machine.

For the moment, I have a tea-saucer sized glob of tang flavored hard candy.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144562 on: April 28, 2019, 06:16:49 am »

SO-- building on Trekin's prior experiment on melting drink mix, I went ahead with my own trial with orange tang premix, except I cut it with light corn syrup, and pretended the drink mix was white sugar (which as trekin points out, it basically is.) Since I used the microwave, I omitted water to save time.

It melted easily in the microwave in a paper bowl, and made very nice candy filaments.  The result is not insipidly sweet. (Light corn syrup is significantly less sweet than sucrose. This is because baking light corn syrup is NOT high fructose corn syrup, and is mostly glucose.)

I will need to tweak the ratio to get a good strong tang flavor, but this should work very well should (when?) I order the cotton candy machine.

For the moment, I have a tea-saucer sized glob of tang flavored hard candy.

Can't wait for "Wierd's Weird Cotton Candy Confectionery" to get off the ground.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144563 on: April 28, 2019, 06:17:51 am »

Yesss. Keep us posted on this very important avenue of research.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144564 on: April 28, 2019, 06:21:33 am »

Apparently the latest Intel graphics drivers removed the screen rotation hotkeys (Ctrl+Alt+Arrows). You can't even turn the hotkeys on and off, they're just no longer supported at all. The only way to rotate your display now is to go into the Display Settings menu via control panel or desktop right click drop-down.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144565 on: April 28, 2019, 06:24:34 am »

That was the only way I knew to do that anyways so this revelation had no effect on my life whatsoever!

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #144566 on: April 28, 2019, 06:25:08 am »

What are the screen rotation hotkeys even good for, anyway? I remember, as a child, just pressing random keys on this Windows XP computer and accidentally triggering it. I thought I broke the damned computer.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144567 on: April 28, 2019, 06:32:53 am »

There are swivelling VESA mounts for widescreen monitors that can rotate them 90 deg.  This is to get "Portrait mode", which has been a sometimes desirable (if quirky) option for people that do desktop publishing as they get more vertical realestate that way with which to compose documents.

Monitors that are designed for this can report back to the graphics card that they have been put into the portrait configuration, but for monitors that cannot, you need a hotkey after you swivel the stand.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144568 on: April 28, 2019, 06:49:55 am »

I remember, as a child, just pressing random keys on this Windows XP computer...
You guys missed out.  While working 'customer support' in college, we had a user who managed to change the icon spacing on their Windows 3.11 machine to more pixels than the size of their screen.  (That was a fun time, learning about that 'feature').

It was not obvious to find out where all their icons went, when all the files were there when you looked in DOS or File Manager.  And no, in 1997 there was not an Internet search we could do to find the solution in 5 seconds.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144569 on: April 28, 2019, 08:00:56 am »

Ok, zeroing in on a good ratio for tang candy...

so far, good balance is found at approx 2:3 ratio of syrup to tang powder by volume.  (EG, 2tbs syrup, 3tbs tang powder)

Process:

Heat syrup in microwave safe container on high for 2:30, stopping every 10 seconds to stir and check thread formation. Once stiff threads form, quickly stir in tang powder, return to microwave, and continue heating and stirring at 10 second intervals until tang is halfway melted into the emulsion.  Remove from microwave and pour into candy molds.

caution: The mixture appears to be sensitive to scorching, which ruins the flavor. Full melt of the tang seems to always end in this outcome. Half dissolved tang in the emulsion results in an opaque orange hard candy with good fracture, good strand formation, and strong, pleasant flavor.  Unsure how it would behave in the cotton candy machine, but it makes for a decent hard candy. 
Pages: 1 ... 9636 9637 [9638] 9639 9640 ... 10984