Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9669 9670 [9671] 9672 9673 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13172534 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #145050 on: May 14, 2019, 05:38:57 pm »

I mean, 'fast food workers aren't paid enough to give a shit about one guy in a fancy suit nibbling on the food' would work well enough for an explanation without either of those, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #145051 on: May 14, 2019, 05:47:47 pm »

When I worked at McDonald's there were some days you couldn't pay me $1,000,000 to just get out of bed in the morning, so I believe the exchanges went something like this:

Impersonator: "Hello I am big important corporate man from-"
Worker: "Yeah yeah whatever come behind the counter"
Impersonator: "But-"
Worker: "I CAN HELP THE NEXT PERSON"
Impersonator: "Still can't believe that worked"
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145052 on: May 15, 2019, 02:12:50 am »

So, I started printing a nylon test article for a mold to cast legos with. (A resin pour mold).  20hrs into the print, the power browns out, and the printer drives the print head into the material, and autohomes afterward.

Several meters of material wasted, 20 hours of print time lost. Because why the hell not.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145053 on: May 15, 2019, 04:36:02 am »

When I worked at McDonald's there were some days you couldn't pay me $1,000,000 to just get out of bed in the morning, so I believe the exchanges went something like this:

Impersonator: "Hello I am big important corporate man from-"
Worker: "Yeah yeah whatever come behind the counter"
Impersonator: "But-"
Worker: "I CAN HELP THE NEXT PERSON"
Impersonator: "Still can't believe that worked"

The discount store I work at is expecting a visit from the president and vice president of the company within the next 3 days.  This is a national level if not international level business, so it's a big deal.  For the last week there have been so many people coming and going now prepping the store that finding someone I don't know in the employee only areas has me not even batting an eye anymore.  They don't even need to be in a uniform or a suit, we have contract stockers coming in in plain clothes too.
Someone could probably rob the place and noone would know what happened for hours, nor would anyone who actually works there be able definitively say to cops viewing the cameras that any one person does not belong in the back rooms.

Shitty car air freshener that's spent all day being intimate with the tire aisle at your discount department store.
I'll have you know that the automotive section of my store smells just fine thank you very much.

....mostly because one of these many unknown stockers spilled an entire gallon jug of laundry detergent in the isle and left it there for a good 20 minutes to really soak in before telling someone about it today.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145054 on: May 15, 2019, 08:24:41 am »

So, I started printing a nylon test article for a mold to cast legos with. (A resin pour mold).  20hrs into the print, the power browns out, and the printer drives the print head into the material, and autohomes afterward.

Several meters of material wasted, 20 hours of print time lost. Because why the hell not.

That's not good. Would a UPS help? At least now that you know normal power is imperfect.

At least you'd have the relaxing noise every time it thinks the power might drop out.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145055 on: May 16, 2019, 12:19:19 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 11:38:15 am by dragdeler »
let

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #145056 on: May 16, 2019, 12:38:26 am »

Why do you have daily candles? Parafin and wax are both pretty greasy and the most common ingredients of candles I think.

not necessarily daily candles, just the one that got opened today. there might not be a candle of the day tommorow. oh the horror
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145057 on: May 16, 2019, 04:33:29 am »

except for the one that's like six inches wide and eight inches tall and looks like a gangrenous chode, that one has a funny smell

That one is not going to burn well. It will burn a shaft down around the wick and possibly drown the wick, but most of the candle will remain solid.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #145058 on: May 16, 2019, 04:58:59 am »

That depends on the thickness of the wick
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145059 on: May 16, 2019, 05:26:43 am »

No, it depends on if it has multiple wicks.

A thick wick will produce lots of smoke/soot (at best) and or catch the house on fire (at worst).  Big candles often have 3 wicks in them to resolve the issue cited. Each will make a channel about 2in across, but if spaced properly, their combined heat will melt a pool in the center of the candle, and it will burn down cleanly.

(RE:why is candle oily?! WHY CANDLE OILY! WHY!?)

Some scented candles contain liquid paraffin, along with a volatile fragrance. This is often because the fragrance either seeps out of hard paraffin, or is highly volatile and will combust absurdly. This results in a "wax emulsion" that is a little bit firmer than Vaseline, but will become just as slimy if you rub it between your fingers real good.  Vanilla candles often have this issue, from my experiences. (not really a scented candle fan, but has experimented with different candle wax formulations.)

Now, the truly exotic candles, are the "gelly" candles. :P

OR, the ones that are doped with metal salts so that the flames are pretty colors.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 05:38:45 am by wierd »

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145060 on: May 16, 2019, 07:18:11 am »

I looked through the FAQ of that website and was surprised they didn't have a "What is poi" question, and still don't know what poi is other than it apparently involves burning things, fire breathing, some kind of "Fuel" and spinning things

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145061 on: May 16, 2019, 07:59:38 am »

Poi? Poi is a dreadful Hawaiian porridge made from tubers that's purple and tastes like chalk.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #145062 on: May 16, 2019, 08:21:08 am »

Purple, chalky carbohydrate mush? Sign me up! actually please don't my stomach has shrunken from fasting to the point where i've managed to not eat for 20 hours straight

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145063 on: May 16, 2019, 08:32:05 am »

Purple, chalky carbohydrate mush? Sign me up! actually please don't my stomach has shrunken from fasting to the point where i've managed to not eat for 20 hours straight

It's normally a deeper purple than that, but I guess there are different recipes.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #145064 on: May 16, 2019, 09:00:57 am »

It's normally a deeper purple than that, but I guess there are different recipes.

I was expecting something slightly less... homogeneous? Less yogurt-like? I don't know, man, this whole thing is throwing me off.
Pages: 1 ... 9669 9670 [9671] 9672 9673 ... 10983