Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9697 9698 [9699] 9700 9701 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13187104 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #145470 on: June 12, 2019, 09:07:55 pm »

There are lots of romhacks for that.  Pokemon Snakewood LP
How about they add a "retro mode" where players can battle each other with 2D sprite graphics. All they'd have to do is create sprites for every Pokemon and move Gen VI and beyond. Minimal effort, minimal data footprint.

Or they could have a mode that reuses the 3D Alola models and forbids the use of Galar Pokemon and mechanics, since data shouldn't be an issue for Switch.
Ha, I actually suggested the 2D thing somewhere else.  They did something like it in Pokemon GO for April Fool's last year and it was honestly pretty rad, I still want it as a toggle.

I'm hesitant to even weigh in on this problem since I exclusively play gen 2 (and GO), and my latest console is a regular ol' Wii.  But there sure are a lot of pokemon.  Maybe they shouldn't add so many- or maybe classic ones can just look classic.  Idunno, and I'm not the target audience at all.

WTF: I set my laptop down awkwardly and it rebooted.  When it came back, Firefox had deleted all my cookies.  Not only do I have to log back in to various sites, but Youtube defaulted back to the garish light theme.  Not Youtube's fault, I respect why they tie it to device rather than account.  But WTF Firefox?  This has happened a few times before.  I guess the cookie data gets corrupted by an incomplete write, and completely thrown out...  Kinda sucks.

Edit: At least it remembered my several hundred tabs.  I lost them by my own mistake a few weeks ago, took fore- well, weeks to build them back.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 09:09:29 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145471 on: June 12, 2019, 09:10:32 pm »

It just seems that they are bound to eventually make hi-res models of all pokemons anyway for future games. As pointed out they could roll it out in generations as expansions (or what you kids call it now dlc) for the basegame.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145472 on: June 13, 2019, 04:47:41 am »

I don't think it'd work as DLC, since you wouldn't be able to trade/battle with players who don't have the same DLC installed. This was a small issue with X/Y<->ORAS interaction, for example. You couldn't use certain Pokemon(generally it was just Mega Evolutions) from ORAS if you were interacting with an X/Y player since the game data for those didn't exist in X/Y. It might be well and good to patch in Pokemon models and whatnot as time goes on, though that probably has the issue of generally ballooning usage of (somewhat limited) memory space on the Switch or SD card.

In other news, my stepdad informed me my rent will be going up to $600 when we move into the new house. Not entirely unexpected, and I can afford it for the most part. He did promise me it'd go down once the major work on the house is finished, but we'll see. Also, my stuff will have to be divided between two tiny rooms until the room that I was intended to get is finished being constructed.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #145473 on: June 13, 2019, 05:05:34 am »

Wow, those are commercial prices
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145474 on: June 13, 2019, 05:09:18 am »

she-it, you have no idea.

a piss-soaked, roach infested hell hole will set you back 800$/mo in the nearby metro area, and it's not even really a major city.

For anything even resembling livable, you are talking at least 1k/mo.  Renting is for suckers.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145475 on: June 13, 2019, 05:13:25 am »

Wot
600 quid a month would get you a pretty darn decent house where I am. In Belfast it's a little steeper, but that depends on location.
https://www.propertypal.com/property-to-rent/belfast
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145476 on: June 13, 2019, 05:19:39 am »

https://www.rentcafe.com/average-rent-market-trends/us/ks/wichita/

Bear in mind that most people renting in the area are lower income people.  For reference, my brother-in-law owns several slum rentals in the local slum. This is the neighborhood in question.

He charges the "median rate". (ahem.)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145477 on: June 13, 2019, 05:28:29 am »

Ye gods.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145478 on: June 13, 2019, 05:51:12 am »

Waking up from a dream, set in a world 40k like, were pigs heads were a ultra delicacy, however pigs on this settings were fully sentient, aware and capable of speaking, but otherwise regular pigs physically.

The most horrifying thing was that there was a drug that keep the freshly chopped heads alive for many days until they reached their destiny. It was distrubing seen a Dumbo like scene between a piglet head wailling while his mother head told him she was sorry in a cargo train....

The fuck why I don't ever have regular dreams?

Don't know how to put this up in my anthology.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #145479 on: June 13, 2019, 05:53:13 am »

Thats a pretty cohesive dream tho.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #145480 on: June 13, 2019, 07:36:48 am »

Bear in mind that most people renting in the area are lower income people.  For reference, my brother-in-law owns several slum rentals in the local slum. This is the neighborhood in question.

A slum with houses and lawns seems... weird. But they've got the "trash everywhere" look at least.
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145481 on: June 13, 2019, 07:51:43 am »

That's a photogenic part of plainview... Cruise around with streetview.

Also, flyover country has lots of space.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145482 on: June 13, 2019, 08:44:47 am »

Yeah, looks like the typical small town/suburb kind of slums that crop up in the US to me. Never saw many in person since most of the time I spent in the US was on trips to tourist hotspots or living in a Minnesota suburb, but you see them a lot in US animal protection programs and televised police shows and so on.

It's cheap housing built on cheap land and stuffed with people who can't afford to live anywhere better or don't care where they live. At least that one isn't in a desert by the looks of it.

Probably a better environment than most urban slums, but still not a nice place to live.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #145483 on: June 13, 2019, 01:43:38 pm »

A slum with houses and lawns seems... weird. But they've got the "trash everywhere" look at least.
Do you see the Shrub growing out of the old red Ford?  The lack of driveways and the relatively poorly maintained copypasted houses, the dead and dying grass growing in patches by the road?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 01:45:24 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145484 on: June 13, 2019, 01:52:36 pm »

Do you see the Shrub growing out of the old red Ford?  The lack of driveways and the relatively poorly maintained copypasted houses, the dead and dying grass growing in patches by the road?

Oh, I know *ALL ABOUT* that area.

Like I said, My brother-in-law owns rentals in there.  I've had the dubious distinction of getting to help.. Fix them... after he's had a change of tenants.

No. I don't want to talk about the things I have seen INSIDE the houses.
Pages: 1 ... 9697 9698 [9699] 9700 9701 ... 10983