Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9714 9715 [9716] 9717 9718 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13169555 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #145725 on: June 27, 2019, 04:07:37 pm »

Hans, do you know what your time limit for the run for your age bracket?

I know its 12:38 for 18 year old kids.  And like 14:50 for 40 year olds.

P:  in basic they use ankle monitors to track your run.

I was told 14 minutes was a Satisfactory (Medium) and I can probably do a 10 minute. I need to be able to do 50 pushups in 2 minutes (!) And sixty or more crunches in 2 minutes. I can do the crunches with a bit more work but I've been doing stupid amounts of pushups trying to get there. I do 15 reps multiple times a day. Sunday I'm going to bump it to 20, Wednesday or Thursday to 25.

I'm accelerating my schedule.  20 today, 25 by Sunday.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145726 on: June 27, 2019, 04:26:24 pm »

My work is like a furnace. It's so hot our adhesives can't even hold together properly. Not that management is planning on doing much more than getting us a handful of freezie pops. I guess I should just feel lucky that not every press was running today, or it would have been worse.

And some useless shitstain of a person stole my nan's purse at the mall. The store she was at had no cameras, and the mall itself had no cameras in the area near that store, we were told. My mom and my nan are discussing whether or not they should start carrying decoy purses.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 04:32:42 pm by BlackFlyme »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145727 on: June 27, 2019, 04:28:47 pm »

Almost went home sick today. Had a headache that began while getting ready to leave for work, that progressively got worse until I could do nothing but sit in the break room with my head covered because merely having light shining on my face was too painful. Then it started to get better to the point that I could actually function, and suddenly I had a surge of energy to actually work that lasted almost the rest of the day.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #145728 on: June 27, 2019, 05:44:25 pm »

Inventoried a book today about a holocaust survivor's adventures in polygamy. Cataloging work is giving me new appreciation for the relative quality of fanfiction and whatnot.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #145729 on: June 27, 2019, 06:23:48 pm »

Well, such a book could be respectful and thought-provoking, but I suppose it was not so?
Probably with the polygamy being non-consensual.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 06:25:41 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #145730 on: June 27, 2019, 06:32:44 pm »

I've forgotten the name/author/etc., but reviews for it were actually pretty good and there were a decent amount of 'em since the book's like fifty, sixty years old. Not sure about respectful, but well constructed, maybe, and there didn't seem to be mention of non-con (rampant adultery, yes, but not that). Still. My pithy summary was accurate.
Ask not!
Ask!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #145731 on: June 27, 2019, 06:40:45 pm »

I appear to not know the correct words. I meant 'consensual' as in everyone involved was aware of the polygamy.
I realize now that consensual was a bad word for that, but I can't think what would be better.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #145732 on: June 27, 2019, 07:00:37 pm »

Consensual probably would have been okay-ish, actually? There's a better word I'm forgetting but the point would have cleared fairly well. Non-consensual is something rather different, though, and in relation to romance/fictional relationship stuff generally means some variety of rape.
Ask not!
Ask!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #145733 on: June 27, 2019, 11:51:01 pm »

I had to kill a cockroach quickly in a spot inaccessible to shoes, so I killed it with my hands.

Should I just cut them off now, or do I have to burn them too?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145734 on: June 27, 2019, 11:59:22 pm »

I appear to not know the correct words. I meant 'consensual' as in everyone involved was aware of the polygamy.
I realize now that consensual was a bad word for that, but I can't think what would be better.

Usually I hear it referred to as "ethical" polyamory, although that encapsulates more practices than just getting consent.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145735 on: June 28, 2019, 12:03:25 am »

Depending on subcontext i would go with amiable or equitable.

Depends on if they are all just OK with it or if they take efforts to treat all partners with equal standing.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145736 on: June 28, 2019, 12:04:36 am »

What's the name of the book out of curiosity? It seems quite interesting.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145737 on: June 28, 2019, 02:46:23 am »

Usually I hear it referred to as "ethical" polyamory, although that encapsulates more practices than just getting consent.
Personally I hear "polyamory" as implying consent (both to sex and to sex with others, for you and/or your partner), whereas "adultery" implies cheating.
I'm not sure what the accepted terms are in the polyamorous scene, but I feel pretty confident.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145738 on: June 28, 2019, 03:28:52 am »

"Informed" is also generally useful in situations like these.

And I guess you could say that they couldn't concentrate on just one partner at a time?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145739 on: June 28, 2019, 05:16:20 am »

I went to go do my laundry, and near the laundromat there was a giant moth, the biggest moth I've ever seen, flailing on the ground, apparently too injured to fly, probably from flying into a nearby lightbulb or something. I thought it was a small bird at first, and was just gobsmacked at the size of this moth. Fortunately it was too injured to fly away, giving me plenty of time to walk home, grab a bowl, plug in my camera, and go back and capture it, and I took a picture:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 9714 9715 [9716] 9717 9718 ... 10983