Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9720 9721 [9722] 9723 9724 ... 9811

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 5876029 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #145815 on: July 08, 2019, 10:20:06 am »

So, a friend of mine emailed this link to me..

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2019/07/53000-people-have-pledged-to-storm-area-51-this-fall/

I must say, this has got to be the dumbest, most reckless and generally bad idea I have seen in a long time.

I hope nobody gets killed. Honest.
I've seen a lot of ridiculous Facebook events where thousands of people "plan" to do something daft in some notable public location, usually inspired by recent events. It's a meme.

Admittedly I have never attended any of these events so I can't say for sure whether anyone actually does whatever it is, but I doubt it.
I think if thousands of Australians actually committed mass suicide outside Parliament when they threatened to raise the tax on cask wine it would have made the news, f'insrance. XD
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #145816 on: July 08, 2019, 10:23:18 am »

Don't they have like minefields and shit around A51? Y'know, to keep the lizard people from esacping easily?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145817 on: July 08, 2019, 10:25:46 am »

We'll find out soon enough!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145818 on: July 08, 2019, 10:31:05 am »

This just in. 53 thousand people abducted by aliens. Vigorous anal probing reported.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145819 on: July 08, 2019, 10:34:18 am »

Don't they have like minefields and shit around A51? Y'know, to keep the lizard people from esacping easily?

Given that they have to be able to move to places on the edges, I seriously doubt they have minefields.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • Pika Pika!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145820 on: July 08, 2019, 10:51:00 am »

You know, considering its public knowledge that Area 51 is supposed to be the alien place, if it ever was they probably have already moved the aliens to someplace else since it became publicly known.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145821 on: July 08, 2019, 11:27:10 am »

Nah, they keep all the alien stuff there because anyone who reports on it will be dismissed as a regular Area 51 nutjob. It's the perfect cover!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #145822 on: July 08, 2019, 12:33:02 pm »

Re: Naruto ninja run
I was very disturbed when I saw myself* doing the Naruto running in Kenshi on high Stealth level.

*In-game self-insert/Main character
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

A Viking's Tale - Come and plunder!

I'm not as active as I've used to be on the forums, but I'll still visit it.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling modder, Adequate Thread Derailer (vRusty)
    • View Profile
« Reply #145823 on: July 08, 2019, 12:34:11 pm »

I don't know about the tail idea, but the general idea was that you keep your arms straight back and tight against your body while crouched over and run forward. The idea is to minimize noise and size and visible movement. The naruto version where they run like the wind with arms flailing wildly behind them is not accurate, funnily enough.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #145824 on: July 08, 2019, 12:58:18 pm »

I always took the Naruto run as a lazy/frugal way of animating a run sequence. Why bother doing all the extra work in making the arms move properly and shit when you can just swing them back and keep them there with minimal movement.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145825 on: July 08, 2019, 01:01:55 pm »

My small-ish town apparently has its own newspaper which, in turn, has its own website. The website is horrible and straight out of the early '00s.

I only know this because the child of one of my neighbors is selling her parents' house. It's not listed anywhere online. Except for that classifieds section, which I never would have thought to check. There are three whole items in said classifieds section - the aforementioned house, a 22-year-old truck, and a job posting for an entry level HVAC tech.

The house is either not going to sell or will be going for significantly lower than the surrounding area just because she doesn't want a realtor. She's leaving a good $50k on the table because she doesn't want to give a realtor $6k and doesn't know how to sell a house by herself.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody cared who I was until I found Sub-Wikis
    • View Profile
« Reply #145826 on: July 08, 2019, 05:48:25 pm »

They've got motion sensors and dudes with guns in nondescript white trucks observing in the distance

You know, considering its public knowledge that Area 51 is supposed to be the alien place, if it ever was they probably have already moved the aliens to someplace else since it became publicly known.
Everything is at Area 52 now
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead Postocalypse lies dreaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145827 on: July 08, 2019, 06:36:52 pm »

Ya hafta run headlong at the barbed wire fence with a luggage trolley to get Area 52 3/4. That's why they keep tasing me every time I try, because I know the secret entrance.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • Make birds speedrun again
    • View Profile
« Reply #145828 on: July 08, 2019, 07:27:30 pm »

Ya hafta run headlong at the barbed wire fence with a luggage trolley to get Area 52 3/4. That's why they keep tasing me every time I try, because I know the secret entrance.
Them bastards. They don't wanna let ya get into alien wizard school!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Does a Laconian believe they descend from Achilles? Does an anon believe a greentext happened? Does a child believe in air? We choose the fake news we want. The eternal memri.tv

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #145829 on: July 08, 2019, 07:40:12 pm »

All joking aside, Area 51 is a military research facility located in the middle of a bombing range to keep people out, that is almost certainly home to the most advanced and most classified military prototypes that the nation possesses. Trying to force a way onto it is not advisable to anybody that does not want to die a very early death.
My new 3.5 D&D campaign. Now Recruiting!
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 9720 9721 [9722] 9723 9724 ... 9811