Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9722 9723 [9724] 9725 9726 ... 10979

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13129847 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #145845 on: July 05, 2019, 02:16:23 pm »

There's a number you can call to report animal neglect and abuse in the US.

Looks like Grim Portent may be Scotland-based. What you can do there, I have no clue. There's probably some ancient law on the books allowing you to murder them. Hand them a bow and arrow and convince them to attend a medieval LARP in York?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145846 on: July 05, 2019, 02:39:00 pm »

They got it's shoulder injury seen to as far as I can tell, but I know from the local missing cats facebook page he doesn't go home for ages at a time, have seen him in scraps with cats from the area and he's clearly lost weight since he first started hanging around here a few months ago.

From what I've heard from the neighbour with the dogs the cats owners are putting off getting him neutered because they're getting married and going on a honeymoon soon and plan to take care of the neutering when they get back, but his behaviour has been less than ideal for a pet cat for months. I think he first showed up in our street around January and he's become a rather constant presence.

Shame really, he's a really sweet boy.

There's not really much legal recourse as I understand it unless the cat has a clear issue that's not being treated, but since he's away from home all the time I'm unable to tell if any given issue he has has been seen by his owners or not.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #145847 on: July 05, 2019, 02:58:36 pm »

How long do they think recovery from a neutering takes?

Why do they even have a pet if they don’t want the hassle of looking after it?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #145848 on: July 05, 2019, 04:07:16 pm »

A week or two, iirc? Recovery's not super slow but it takes a bit of time.

Couldn't really comment on the second bit, though. All sorts of reasons a person might have an animal but not be taking terribly good care of it, especially when it's a cat they're letting roam.

To a fair extent I can't say much on the subject, personally... there's a handful of cats we feed but otherwise don't really take care of. What isn't financial on that front is effort issues alongside like the utter lack (pretty literally utter, there's no animal control or equivalent in the county and the nearest pound-like thing is like an hour's drive away) of animal support services around here. Y'feel bad about it sometimes but option two is basically just letting them starve, so...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #145849 on: July 05, 2019, 04:45:22 pm »

I've been playing the Final Fantasy XV demo.

These have to be the most douchiest, most ridiculous protagonist ever put to the video game screen.

It's like they tried to make their every movement as animatedly douchey as possible.
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #145850 on: July 05, 2019, 04:54:07 pm »

He's practically a self-insert, but with a minimalist amount of personality.  Wait for the mod that replaces him with doomguy
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #145851 on: July 05, 2019, 05:02:46 pm »

sorry, I forgot an S. That was supposed to be protagonists. All four of them.
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #145852 on: July 05, 2019, 05:16:37 pm »

Is the unocorn fox one of them?  The whole psychic text messages thing was not exactly a turn on
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145853 on: July 05, 2019, 05:41:44 pm »

I've been playing the Final Fantasy XV demo.

These have to be the most douchiest, most ridiculous protagonist ever put to the video game screen.

It's like they tried to make their every movement as animatedly douchey as possible.

I know right?
They were without a doubt the most punchable cast of characters I've seen since reading the Wheel of Time.

In fact that was the first Final Fantasy I've played that I didn't finish simply because I could no longer suffer watching those guys.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145854 on: July 05, 2019, 06:38:14 pm »

Shadowbringers is the best thing since sliced bread, though.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145855 on: July 05, 2019, 06:47:53 pm »

I'm having takeaway now at 1:45 AM. This is the first time I've eaten since a few pieces of flatbread with cheese around 12 PM.

It's been a strange couple days.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #145856 on: July 05, 2019, 09:21:22 pm »

So I'm here at Yellowstone national Park and there's a pair of bison bulls like 30 foot from me. One just wandered right by our truck as I was on the other side of it. They don't care. Just a bit too close for my comfort, but who cares? I might be able to pet the fuckers, but I'd rather not try.
So one of them is invading the neighbors site and the other has walked circles twice right outside our tent. I can see the steam coming off their backs and hear them tearing grass up

If I hold my phone at least three feet off the ground I get at least mediocre cell reception verizon spent a lot of money to get a functioning cell tower way out here.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 11:55:01 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #145857 on: July 05, 2019, 11:35:56 pm »

Remember that 6.4 earthquake that attacked California yesterday? Turns out it was just a foreshock to the 7.1 that hit today.
And since earthquake measurements were invented by a science nerd who didn't want anybody to have any idea how big earthquakes are, apparently 7.1 is 11 times more than 6.4.
I'm hearing that the aftershocks of this one will continue for years. And there's even a chance this might be another foreshock to something even bigger yet to come...

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #145858 on: July 06, 2019, 02:27:19 am »

That's because the Richter scale is logarithmic (x "richters"= log1010x) so each degree corresponds to a 10 times higher number than the one before it.

If it's the main event then there is nothing to worry about if it's a foreshock for something bigger then there will be nothing left to worry about  :P :P :P

In all seriousness, lots of aftershocks over the years is usually a good thing because they do tend to be a lot less powerful. Though it does depend on where exactly is it's center.

Disclaimer: that's at least my experience living in an earthquake prone country.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145859 on: July 06, 2019, 08:34:22 am »

Should be. Lots of little earthquakes means that the plates are sliding past one another and releasing the energy frequently. When they stop doing that, the tectonics are still going on, and the energy just builds up until suddenly the entire thing slips and causes a major earthquake.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears
Pages: 1 ... 9722 9723 [9724] 9725 9726 ... 10979