Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9743 9744 [9745] 9746 9747 ... 10979

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13134829 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #146160 on: July 25, 2019, 07:51:14 am »

Are you telling me that ab toning belts actually work?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146161 on: July 25, 2019, 07:58:43 am »

No. There is a lot of additional muscle activity caused by real voluntary motion of whole muscle systems that those belts just dont provide.

I mean implanted electrodes kiddo.  The invasive and horrible kind that can make you dance like a zombie.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #146162 on: July 25, 2019, 07:59:51 am »

I love how we went from a discussion about Nazi experiments to syntactic ambiguity to ab toning belts in the span of ten posts.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146163 on: July 25, 2019, 08:19:27 am »

You clearly havent seen the design of some of these belts.  theyre pretty garish.  And may as well be invasive.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #146164 on: July 25, 2019, 08:30:46 am »

What, is the 'inside' of those belts just a bunch of spikes to stab yourself with?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #146165 on: July 25, 2019, 08:51:00 am »

Never discount the efficacy of electrodes for inducing involuntary muscle contractions.

"avatar checks out"

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146166 on: July 25, 2019, 09:12:28 am »

What, is the 'inside' of those belts just a bunch of spikes to stab yourself with?
They . . . don't rate highly on the list of most comfortable products to use
PKs DF Mod!

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #146167 on: July 25, 2019, 03:02:34 pm »

(Mispost, removed)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #146168 on: July 25, 2019, 03:17:15 pm »

Isn't the reason in Lord of the Rings that the eagles don't fly the One Ring to Mount Doom because they are not immune to the One Ring themselves?
I sure wouldn't want to ride hundreds of feet in the air on somebody who is likely to betray me.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146169 on: July 25, 2019, 03:24:08 pm »

No, it's because the eagles are simply the servitors of the "King of Arda", manwe.

https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Manw%C3%AB

Being a valar, it is NOT HIS DUTY to destroy the ring.  By the decree of illuvitar, the great god, that duty falls to mankind.  To facilitate that task, the wizards were sent. Sometimes the journey is as important as the destination.  All the people complaining about why the eagles didn't just aerial-drop the damn thing into the bubbling maw of the volcano are dead-set on missing this point.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146170 on: July 25, 2019, 03:29:31 pm »

So it's because god is a dick and insists that the ring's destruction be a trial of pain and suffering because that builds character.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #146171 on: July 25, 2019, 03:32:49 pm »

Isn't the reason in Lord of the Rings that the eagles don't fly the One Ring to Mount Doom because they are not immune to the One Ring themselves?
I sure wouldn't want to ride hundreds of feet in the air on somebody who is likely to betray me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146172 on: July 25, 2019, 03:38:23 pm »

No.

If you follow the mythology of the series, you will see that Illuvitar led the vala in a great song, that created EVERYTHING ELSE.  One of the Vala, Melkor (who represented ambition), decided he wanted to change the music in mid-performance, to claim glory for himself. (Being the very embodiment of ambition.)

To counter the destructive effects of this dischordant music, Illuvitar led the other Vala in an opposing, but incorporating harmony, subduing the errant ambition of the dischordant player.

This action was metaphysical, but set the mythotectural foundations for all ages of the universe to come after.

As such, the structure of Arda, (the earth), and all its inhabitants, played out a mythical echo of this music.  Elves, with their innate love and harmony of life and nature, represent the initial music; Harmonious, and splendid in all ways.

The dischordant music, tearing the composition apart, is represented by the orcs, fell beasts, demons, and other horrors.

Then, the rising counter that incorporates but subdues, is represented by men.

Men were not originally planned to exist, but MUST exist, in order to save creation.  The one ring is the last remaining bit of Melkor's power (Sauron was Melkor's top general, and gained his power from Melkor.) in middle earth.  Mankind has risen to aid the other races in expelling that darkness, while incorporating elements of wickeness within their natures themselves, due to their mythical composition with the music.  It is their mythic purpose and destiny to do so.

For doing so, they get to inherit all of creation, as the finale of the music.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 04:12:36 pm by wierd »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #146173 on: July 25, 2019, 03:49:48 pm »

But Frodo’s a filthy little hobbitses, and he was the one what destroyed the ring.

Or do Hobbits count as human?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146174 on: July 25, 2019, 03:52:53 pm »

They represent a less corrupted aspect of that musical narrative, yes.

Instead of being greedy and ambitious, they are slothful and gastromically hedonistic.  Since the ring represents ambition, they are naturally resistant to it; However, the formation of the fellowship to aid in that destruction involves men quite profoundly; Dont confuse Aragorn as a mere secondary character. If he was not present, the hobbits would never have made it out of the shire.
Pages: 1 ... 9743 9744 [9745] 9746 9747 ... 10979