Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9769 9770 [9771] 9772 9773 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13172935 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #146550 on: August 12, 2019, 05:27:48 pm »

Joe Lutcher (ojai is friggin' amazing, see music thread for link) is apparently the man who convinced Little Richard to (temporarily) give up music to go on a preaching tour together, as the Little Richard Evangelistic Team. Music can be a trip, some days.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146551 on: August 13, 2019, 10:46:16 am »

Oh, I see. I think it still reeks of conspiracy, though. (I looked online, and suicide watch was retracted, the very day that Epstein died? Really?) It's very scary to me. I always suspected these sorts of machinations routinely happened in high society, but it's quite something to experience them in real time.

What? They hired the guy best known for investigating the definetly-solved Kennedy assassination to look into it. What could be less suspicious than that?

How do I get my brain to shut up without drugs? How do I meditate? How do I relax?

Is this a trick question?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146552 on: August 13, 2019, 11:23:14 am »

How do I get my brain to shut up without drugs? How do I meditate? How do I relax?

There would be no point asking how to clear thoughts if the person knew how to clear thoughts

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146553 on: August 13, 2019, 12:26:25 pm »

There would be no point asking how to clear thoughts if the person knew how to clear thoughts
Unless it was... A TRICK!

*Grabs methylatedspirit's coat away, revealing a skateboarding magician underneath

I knew it!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #146554 on: August 13, 2019, 12:28:07 pm »

Unless it was... A TRICK!

*Grabs methylatedspirit's coat away, revealing a skateboarding magician underneath

I knew it!
And they would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146555 on: August 13, 2019, 01:44:23 pm »

More seriously, @Methylated, I recommend looking up meditation videos, and just sticking with it/trying various different styles. Try until something sticks. Excercise may work as well/yoga.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146556 on: August 13, 2019, 02:22:55 pm »

Wow banks really do thrive on people who cannot do math.  I'm considering refinancing to take advantage of the "low rates."  My goal is to minimize my total spend (the total cost to original sale price multiple on mortgages is obscene), not to lower my monthly payments.  Basically I want to keep paying what I pay now per month, but pay the thing off faster.

The first bank I contacted would lower my interest rate, but suggested rolling all closing costs into the principal by an estimated $12k... which would actually cost me more than I'm paying now over my projected remaining term by $4000.

Even if I don't take the zero-cash closing, and pull money out of savings - there is a small benefit: I'd be about $9000 ahead by end of my current planned repayment period.  I'm trying to decide if the hassle is worth $9000 17 years from now.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146558 on: August 13, 2019, 08:34:15 pm »

Man with rifle, 10-15 magazines, homemade flak jacket stakes out house with anti-Trump sign in the window. Police tell him to stop and that he'll have to ask nicely to get his guns back.
WTF? Now people are Staking out houses geared for war?! I fear the day when people start killing their political opponents. When that happens, I fear another Civil War would start

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #146559 on: August 13, 2019, 08:46:04 pm »

I think that the point where people start killing each other en masse is the point where you can start calling it a civil war.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146560 on: August 13, 2019, 08:48:34 pm »

I mean leaders from both sides of the aisle have been openly advocating that since 2016. So who knows.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #146561 on: August 13, 2019, 08:58:07 pm »

I mean leaders from both sides of the aisle have been openly advocating that since 2016. So who knows.
really? Leaders from both sides of the aisle have been openly advocating to kill each other en masse?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146562 on: August 14, 2019, 05:14:34 am »

For as long as politics has been a thing people have been murdering their political opponents and it hasn't always lead to civil war.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146563 on: August 14, 2019, 05:31:57 am »

Wow banks really do thrive on people who cannot do math.  I'm considering refinancing to take advantage of the "low rates."  My goal is to minimize my total spend (the total cost to original sale price multiple on mortgages is obscene), not to lower my monthly payments.  Basically I want to keep paying what I pay now per month, but pay the thing off faster.

The first bank I contacted would lower my interest rate, but suggested rolling all closing costs into the principal by an estimated $12k... which would actually cost me more than I'm paying now over my projected remaining term by $4000.

Even if I don't take the zero-cash closing, and pull money out of savings - there is a small benefit: I'd be about $9000 ahead by end of my current planned repayment period.  I'm trying to decide if the hassle is worth $9000 17 years from now.

One thing you shouldn't forget to do is inflation-adjust the future payments. An extra $1000 spend 17 years from now is cheaper than $1000 now.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #146564 on: August 14, 2019, 09:37:19 am »

Why is it that whenever I read either of the sad threads I can't think of anything better to say than "well that sucks, I've never felt that way myself, glad I'm not you"? I want to try being supportive, but I legitimately just can't because I can't identify with the problem. What I want to suggest is "don't feel sad", but I know that that would be one of the worst possible things to say, so I settle for saying nothing.

And then I never post my own sads in the sad thread because basically nothing ever makes me feel sad enough to want to post about it. Is my life really so great that I both can't share my sadness, and can't even relate with sadness? I'm unemployed, have no money, no higher education, and I've been diagnosed with depression and asperger's syndrome, yet nothing nowadays really gets me down. I kind of suspect that the depression was just because death is preferable to the public school system, and now that's over with I'm... fine? Even this whole problem I'm describing now is more confusing and frustrating than depressing. Is toxic masculinity or whatever magically transmuting all of my sadness into anger? Even if that's the case, I'm not sure if it's a bad thing. The other option is that I'm just naturally a happy person, in which case, uh, hooray for me? Sorry for stealing all the happiness from the people who tend towards sadness, I guess.

Somewhat relatedly, when people post with relationship difficulties, or difficulties forming relationships, I always feel like recommending that they just don't. Like, hey have you tried just being ace it's way easier. This also seems like a non-solution for most people which just so happens to work for me. It feels extremely strange that there are people who just can't be fulfilled without having a romantic partner, but I guess that's just how it is? If that's really how it works, I feel extremely lucky to be who I am.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.
Pages: 1 ... 9769 9770 [9771] 9772 9773 ... 10983