Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9772 9773 [9774] 9775 9776 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13136951 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #146595 on: August 14, 2019, 09:12:53 pm »

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146596 on: August 14, 2019, 11:17:24 pm »

Anyone got a link to any examples of the aforementioned BDSM-themed typing games?

Also I say rad all the time, too, but that's because I'm just a rad dude in general.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146597 on: August 14, 2019, 11:19:23 pm »

Yeah, radioactive and toxic~

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146598 on: August 15, 2019, 11:37:28 am »

I'm already hating my new room. Too little space to put everything, and the placement of the windows and power outlets don't help. There's also a radiator that sits right in the middle of one wall that's blocking that entire section of wall.

I also have to order a new bed frame and computer desk since my parents both clearly have the attitude of "well it isn't MY stuff I'm moving". They claim that the frame and desk were always like that. Not sure how they would know that, and I'm also very certain that all of the shelves on the desk were firmly attached and that my bed sat squarely on the frame instead of see-sawing.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146599 on: August 15, 2019, 11:44:04 am »

Why would your bed be see sawing? That’s horrible placement. I hope you find someone willing to help move things around

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146600 on: August 15, 2019, 11:46:11 am »

Oof, I know all about that radiator and power-placement. I have six (!!!) plugs into one set of outlets. It doesn't feel very safe tbh.

As for a bedframe, unsolicited pro tip: Get one with space underneath. Storage for days for things you don't need to pull out often, like seasonal clothing.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #146601 on: August 15, 2019, 12:18:10 pm »

New sandra brown book, Outfox. As near as I can tell from jacket blurb and reviews, its plot can be summarized as "fake fbi agent NTRs the serial killer that banged and murdered his mother, in order to get revenge".

The longer I work with properly published books, the more I come to realize fanfiction and webnovels and whatnot actually aren't as relatively shitty as I had thought.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146602 on: August 15, 2019, 12:40:16 pm »

Oof, I know all about that radiator and power-placement. I have six (!!!) plugs into one set of outlets. It doesn't feel very safe tbh.

As for a bedframe, unsolicited pro tip: Get one with space underneath. Storage for days for things you don't need to pull out often, like seasonal clothing.

Already found a within-budget bed frame on Amazon the has that, plus seemingly easy to assemble and I can get rid of the boxspring under the mattress.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146603 on: August 15, 2019, 12:42:03 pm »

Ooh yeah. Box springs are actual ass. Best of luck with the move! I hope it means you're out of your parent's place.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146604 on: August 15, 2019, 12:54:30 pm »

I may have purchased a memetic SCP. Tell me if this sounds familiar.

Guy gets an indescribable "feeling" in the back of his mind and is compelled to write stuff down. This includes arcane formulae and info on a thing called a curse creature that induces something called "slow warping limb transference." The author then places this and thirteen other products on an innocuous web shop for $lots as he continues his descent into madness. There are moments of lucidity where he tries discussing his books online but something always triggers him to descend back beneath the surface while repeating the same phrases over and over.

He eventually kills someone in one of these states and is placed under psychiatric care. Mysteriously the price reduces from $lots to $high_but_affordable.

The book arrives in the vicinity of next Tuesday. I can't stop thinking about what it may contain.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 01:03:33 pm by Mephisto »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #146605 on: August 15, 2019, 12:57:32 pm »

New sandra brown book, Outfox. As near as I can tell from jacket blurb and reviews, its plot can be summarized as "fake fbi agent NTRs the serial killer that banged and murdered his mother, in order to get revenge".
What does NTR mean?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146606 on: August 15, 2019, 12:59:10 pm »

So I guess it's time to stop using Firefox now. I dunno where to go to though.

Palemoon or Waterfox?

I don't know what that means

Lynx will never pull that shit over on you.

Or this

Other browsers? Should I look into them?

Yes to both. Palemoon and waterfox are forks off firefox for various reasons.

Someone on a online game tried to insult me by saying i was nice and normal like it was an insult.
Oh, he also insulted my good spelling.

All of the follow-ups I can think of involve you pointing out other things that haven't gone wrong with your life to imply theirs is bad, but I feel like a jerk.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #146607 on: August 15, 2019, 04:40:02 pm »

What does NTR mean?
National Transcontinental Railway, a historic Canadian railway.

Okay, no, it's actually an acronym for 'netorare', a Japanese term for a fetish predominantly encompassing cheating but potentially including subelements like voyeurism, exhibitionism, and cuckolding.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #146608 on: August 15, 2019, 05:47:15 pm »

That'd be it, yes. Not the railway, the other one. Cuckold would have worked as well (it was the serial killer's new wife/target the romance element focused on), but it's not as phonetically pleasing to me.

E: In other news, I've now learned that pringles makes better soup seasoning than it does chips. Cheese ones crushed up and put in some cream of chicken (along with some other stuff) is a notable improvement from my normal mixture.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 05:57:00 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146609 on: August 15, 2019, 06:59:28 pm »

Did Google change it's font recently, and when did they mess up google images
Pages: 1 ... 9772 9773 [9774] 9775 9776 ... 10980