Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9777 9778 [9779] 9780 9781 ... 9819

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 5906569 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #146670 on: August 24, 2019, 03:32:58 pm »

Taco Bell is delicious though.  Of course it isn't authentic, it's fast food.  Of course the rest of the world looks down their noses at it, Reelya.  I don't care, it tastes great and has a lot of beans, and it's cheap and fast.  Of the low-quality convenient foods industry, I think Taco Bell is near the top.  I don't eat out nearly as much as I used to, but I'm certainly not eating the wet paper of McDonald's or supporting Chik-Fil-A's bullshit agenda.  I'm getting some cheap tortillas full of beans, veggies and salt.

I live in a Taco Bell test market, which (besides getting all their experimental menu items first) means that Corporate puts a lot more effort into quality control and keeps their franchisees on a tight leash (so they can be sure that a failure of a test product is because it sucks, not because the staff cooked it in a dishwasher or something).

If I were starving to death, and a Taco Bell was offering a 100% off sale, I'd still walk past. Taco Bell is "food" in the same way that Jersey Shore is a thoughtful documentary.

Their sole virtue is that they do not use the demon-plant known as cilantro, so their food does not taste like deadly poison, despite being borderline poisonous.
My new 3.5 D&D campaign. Now Recruiting!
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #146671 on: August 24, 2019, 03:47:28 pm »

Their little twisty cinnamon/sugar things are okay-ish. Not even in the same ballpark area code as proper whatever-they're-called, but okay. Pretty close to literally the only thing I'll consume off their menu, though, now that I've stopped drinking most sodas.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #146672 on: August 24, 2019, 04:01:52 pm »

Ironically I can't stand their cinnamon twists, they're dry and too sweet!  Fortunately I found out you can switch them for guacamole :)

I don't understand why it's so fun to pretend it's "not food" and junk but whatever, they're not paying me :P

Edit: I don't eat a lot of sweet things in general so I'm not the market for the cinnamon things
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 04:13:29 pm by Rolan7 »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #146673 on: August 24, 2019, 04:09:55 pm »

Yeah, the dryness you basically have to suck on them for a bit, let them soften that way. Just crunching them is extra meh on top of meh. It's cheapass food solution to sweetness, too, so yeah it's kinda' excessive on that front. You take it slow, basically like nursing leftover ice cubes in a drink.

They're okay, though. Not good, just not inedibly terrible.

E: Though to your edit, cinnamon itself isn't really super sweet, or particularly sweet in and of itself much at all. It's a pretty good spice specifically for folks not particularly into sweet stuff. In this case (most cinnamon usage situations, really, sadly) they just pile on a stupid amount of sugar to go with it, so... yeah.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 04:20:41 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146674 on: August 24, 2019, 04:57:32 pm »

Y'all ain't talking about churros now, is ya?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #146675 on: August 24, 2019, 05:07:50 pm »

I think that's the name of the stuff TB's twisty things came from, sure. I'm not sure I'd actually call TB's whatever they are churros, though. Like, I've had fairly close to authentic/home-made/whatever churros before and there's no similarity outside of ingredients in a very general sense.
Ask not!
Ask!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #146676 on: August 24, 2019, 05:25:19 pm »

They don't even label them churros, so no, but I guess there's a relation.  They're literally "cinnamon twists", very thin crunchy twists of rice/wheat fried flour dunked in sugar and cinnamon.  Not my thing.

And yeah cinnamon is fine!  Halloween is my favorite holiday after all, I just don't like things that are too sweet.  My housemate made some low-sugar lemon squares yesterday and I was very hesitant until I tried one.  It actually tasted like tart lemons instead of a cloying sweetness explosion!  That was fun.

On a different note:  When I mentioned this Taco Bell discussion (it's my favorite fast food and y'all keep calling it literally garbage  :'() he supported me with a fascinating rant about snobby Europeans, Brexit, and how I should reply with pictures of protesters to show y'all what's what.
so
that's a thing I got to smile and nod at today
thanks fam
i just want to eat shitty veggie-heavy burritos instead of shitty burgers and oversalted potato slices with sugar crystallizing in the tea

edit: and it may have been 7am after a night of drinking and DND, but I threw shade at Australia over this, so it's not like my hands are clean of that bullshit
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 05:35:46 pm by Rolan7 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • =)
    • View Profile
« Reply #146677 on: August 24, 2019, 05:34:31 pm »

Good soft tacos at tacobell. Well, not "good", but how the heck can you not like a taco you hecking snobs~
We'll dream eternal dreams of everything that might have been.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you 0cra_tr0per for the link
    • View Profile
« Reply #146678 on: August 24, 2019, 06:06:07 pm »

I was helping some family members mill tomatoes to make tomato sauce by adding to the food processor, one of the people wouldn’t listen to me when I told them the food processor was full, so now tomato fife is leaking out of it because they didn’t listen, and the one who did it blames that they didn’t know, even though they were near the one who told both of us how to tell if it’s full to prevent overflow. We worked on cleaning up. There is a reason retaliation n tasks were delegated to certain people, so mistakes like this wouldn’t happen
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Quote from: Naturegirl1999 IRL
*picks up pepper* “Look, a pickle” *puts down pepper* “wait, pickles and peppers are completely different instruments”
Moral of the story: Everyone has dumb moments, laugh at them

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #146679 on: August 24, 2019, 07:11:31 pm »

Good soft tacos at tacobell. Well, not "good", but how the heck can you not like a taco you hecking snobs~

Well, last time I ate at Taco Bell, I nearly died of food poisoning. The times before that the tortillas tasted like they were wrapped in plastic, the meat had a in-the-fridge-for-a-week waxy greasiness, and the vegetables were simply missing.

When I said that Taco Bell food was borderline poison, I was speaking literal truth.
My new 3.5 D&D campaign. Now Recruiting!
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Just Skin And Bones
    • View Profile
« Reply #146680 on: August 24, 2019, 07:34:57 pm »

Taco Bell appears to be like spaghettios.  They were awesome when I was a kid, but as a grown adult they taste like garbo
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
I track my running!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146681 on: August 24, 2019, 09:50:00 pm »

I can't really comment, I've basically been raised on fast food and other unhealthy stuff filled with preservatives and artificial coloring,

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146682 on: August 25, 2019, 03:59:41 am »

I could never live off Soylent or whatever meal replacement the kids are using these days.
You know that stuffs made for people right.

Also I don't see whats so bad about Taco Bell, I mean its not the best but its cheaper than getting the authentic stuff and its better than McDonald's.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146683 on: August 25, 2019, 05:00:45 am »

Not so!

The real deal is actually quite affordable!

Here's a local place.
https://www.zmenu.com/el-rodeo-mexican-restaurant-hutchinson-online-menu/

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146684 on: August 25, 2019, 06:33:16 am »

Okay I stand corrected, but its still not as bad as people make it sound, its not the best but its edible.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 9777 9778 [9779] 9780 9781 ... 9819