Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9786 9787 [9788] 9789 9790 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13182778 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #146805 on: August 26, 2019, 04:18:40 am »

Certainly I'd be down for crashing the economy if it'd inconvenience him. :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146806 on: August 26, 2019, 04:25:00 am »

Oh, my food is always tasty; I could never live off Soylent or whatever meal replacement the kids are using these days. It's just always fundamentally utilitarian unless it's specifically a treat food, and something that's mostly sugar is only occasionally useful for that. :P

I used to drink Soylent-adjacent stuff for that reason. It means when you do cook, it’s special, and when you want something special, you’re more likely to cook.

On the upside, after about a month the intense KFC cravings went away presumably while my gut biome was undergoing quiet genocides.

On the downside, my stomach got very lazy very quickly. I liked “Saturday and Sunday is for good cooking and delicious food”. I did not like “and Monday is for maternity ward poops.”
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146807 on: August 26, 2019, 10:39:00 am »

I keep getting reccommended random ass reaction videos by YT on a daily basis. Not sure why or how it decided that nonsense like a history teacher reacting to sabaton or a vocal coach reacting to random metal songs would interest me but here we are. It keeps coming up with uninteresting bullshit and I keep scrolling right past it.

Have you tried not using Youtube?

ACTUAL tacos:

Are those Pastor?

They aren't. Real hard-shell tacos are fried *after* filling (and sealed), and are then softened with another liquidish food on a plate.

Do you know where I can find a recipe for that. Putting “How to make authentic Mexican tacos” into google isn’t giving me good results.

I think that's a chimichanga? Or like the deep-fried cheeseburger thing.

They don't even label them churros, so no, but I guess there's a relation.  They're literally "cinnamon twists", very thin crunchy twists of rice/wheat fried flour dunked in sugar and cinnamon.  Not my thing.

They don't call anything else by its correct name, so that's not a surprise.

On a different note:  When I mentioned this Taco Bell discussion (it's my favorite fast food and y'all keep calling it literally garbage  :'()

Taco Bell isn't literal garbage. I'd pick literal garbage up off the ground.

Good soft tacos at tacobell. Well, not "good", but how the heck can you not like a taco you hecking snobs~

"There's very little meat in these gym mats."

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #146808 on: August 26, 2019, 11:04:36 am »

Sure, just point me to an alternative that has the music, entertainment and educational content that YT offers and I'll switch over in an instant :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146809 on: August 26, 2019, 12:24:47 pm »

fuck being allergic to everything, or maybe it's just ibs or something

I've been digging through too many terrible meme subreddits lately and misread that as "maybe it's just libs or something" and that you were blaming your digestive system on democrats.

Which, honestly, is almost a step up in logical reasoning compared to some of the stuff I've seen today.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146810 on: August 26, 2019, 12:45:16 pm »

I've certainly seen gluten-allergy mocked as... fake or something :/
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146811 on: August 26, 2019, 12:47:24 pm »

What makes it worse is some people actually do fake having the allergy

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146812 on: August 26, 2019, 12:54:43 pm »

Not helped by the fact that there are in fact "fake" food allergies.

See the purported MSG allergy, which started as a belief about that insidious Chinese food. Never mind that lots of other types of food have way more MSG, and nobody reports getting sick from those.

They've done controlled studies, and in every study the purported "MSG sensitivity" cannot actually be detected.

https://www.everydayhealth.com/allergy/does-msg-allergy-really-exist.aspx

Research hasn’t shown MSG to trigger allergy symptoms in large studies, but according to Nish, that doesn’t mean a sensitivity to the ingredient doesn’t exist. “No double-blinded, placebo-controlled studies have shown it to cause problems in a large number of people, [but] I’m sure it can cause this in certain people,” he says.

... which is standard pseudoscience thinking. Signal too weak to be detected, but still totally sure it's a thing, based entirely on the pre-existing belief that it's a thing.

https://drtaylorwallace.com/msg/

I can’t keep count of how many people have casually told me “I’m actually really sensitive to monosodium glutamate (MSG).”  News breaker… you’re not.  I know you think you are… and you really want to tell me all about your symptoms… and that you’re the special one… but I promise, you’re not.

That being said you probably could cut back on the fried rice and General Tsao’s chicken.  I mean you did just complain about being bloated…

That bloated feeling which is supposedly because of trace amounts of flavoring is most likely because those people aren't used to digesting rice or some such.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 12:57:08 pm by Reelya »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146813 on: August 26, 2019, 12:58:34 pm »

Clearly the studies used too much MSG, it only has its effect in especially low doses 8)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146814 on: August 26, 2019, 01:32:58 pm »

What makes it worse is some people actually do fake having the allergy

Even more worse, they do it because they think gluten and carbs are the same, and choose less healthy options because they are too busy following a fad to understand what they're doing.

Also, as a lactose intolerant person, I'm probably not helping you out. Although that's a different thing than an allergy. I found out that if I eat dairy 2-3 days/week, I only get mild discomfort for a day or so. If it's a while and I accidentally eat some dairy (haha! that contained butter the entire time)...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
People might see me and assume you've got something similar.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #146815 on: August 27, 2019, 12:33:32 pm »

The Handmaid's Tale is apparently getting a sequel released in a few weeks. also there's a TV series for the original I just heard about today
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #146816 on: August 27, 2019, 02:37:43 pm »

The Handmaid's Tale is apparently getting a sequel released in a few weeks. also there's a TV series for the original I just heard about today

The Handmaid's Tale 2: How It's Maid
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146817 on: August 27, 2019, 03:46:09 pm »

The Handmaid's Tale 2: How It's Maid

The Handmaid's Tale 2: Maid in China
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146818 on: August 27, 2019, 04:50:07 pm »

Sore all over, especially my back. Instead of sorting racks after being tagged, as I normally do, they had me sort before being tagged. Withing 2 hours, those nasty bitches who make my life hell decided I couldn't work fast enough for them(note: I was already working so fast to strain myself), so it was decided I should roll the clothing out instead. With sorting(previously done by me), that's about 10-15 minutes per rack. Without sorting, it's 20-30 minutes. Naturally, we(me and the girl who normally does this by herself) had to do this without sorting.

Despite our best efforts, we still had several racks remaining at the end of the day to the point the production manager had to induce a few people to stay later than they should. All this happened the last time we tried this. And the time before that. And this is what I told the douchebag manager what happened last time we tried this, and what would happen if we tried it again.

Completely unrelated, I found a decorative sword I owned over a decade ago, that I thought my stepdad had taken from me(well, he did). I've been wondering for years what happened to it, and I just happened to randomly find it leaning against the wall of the stairwell leading up to my parents new bedroom. If I didn't have to go up there to wake my mom up(which I wouldn't have had to do if she knew how to use an alarm clock), I probably would never have found it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #146819 on: August 27, 2019, 09:48:13 pm »

4 of 7 "lost" Famicom games (made by Konami) have just been dumped to file for preservation.

Back in the Famicom's heyday, Konami made a series of edutainment Famicom games for school use, and archival-focused enthusiasts have been unable to dump them because connecting them to a Famicom required a special adapter - very few such were made, as they could be purchased only by schools, and few survive.

Some Russian collector came across one of these adapters while collecting, and got in touch with somebody that had been unsucessfully trying to dump the games without one. These titles are now available for the first time in almost thirty years. They're not really complete because they were supposed to be used with a workbook, and are (of course) in Japanese, but it is still pretty cool.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 9786 9787 [9788] 9789 9790 ... 10983