Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9798 9799 [9800] 9801 9802 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13148824 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #146985 on: September 04, 2019, 08:55:33 pm »

I clicked on that zombo.com link in one of these sigs, and I feel like I have a virus now

Zombo.com sends me to the Adobe page to download flash. Which is better than this other website did, it claimed it needed Flash and then started downloading "something", by itself, and basically said it's downloading Flash for me, and could i, like, totally click on this little pop-up they prepared. I was all, "i don't fucking think so, WTF did you download and what would I be authorizing if I click that?"
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 08:57:25 pm by Reelya »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146986 on: September 04, 2019, 09:34:51 pm »

Sans from Undertale is now in Smash. I wonder if he was only added because of the meme.

W-wha..

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146987 on: September 04, 2019, 09:38:58 pm »

Sans from Undertale is now in Smash. I wonder if he was only added because of the meme.

W-wha..

But Sans is a chump who goes down in one hit.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #146988 on: September 04, 2019, 09:42:26 pm »

W-wha..

But Sans is a chump who goes down in one hit.

Good luck getting that one hit, though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146989 on: September 04, 2019, 10:00:31 pm »

Ah, as a costume for the mii gunner. False alarm everyone~

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #146990 on: September 04, 2019, 10:02:06 pm »

I really don't like Undertale or its fandom.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #146991 on: September 04, 2019, 10:22:00 pm »

The premise of Undertale was decent enough, but the execution was a bit lacking. I'm not talking about the "I built this neat battle system, but I designed the game to push you into using tedious menus to resolve things peacefully" part - it makes a lot of sense for violence to be easy but not good, while there is a better alternative that takes more work.

The problem is that the game doesn't really communicate the idea, at least to me. When I played, it seemed like the opening NPC (Toriel?) was pushing overprotectiveness, not teaching how to use the peaceful method. This meant that when you have to fight her, I thought it was just a "prove you're strong enough to survive" segment that would end if her health got low. If the later ghost encounter (which can only be "defeated" through talking, IIRC) had been in the tutorial section, I think it would communicate the idea a lot better.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146992 on: September 04, 2019, 11:01:42 pm »

I think- uh, spoilers
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146993 on: September 04, 2019, 11:24:08 pm »

So uhm..  I've been at work for (checks clock) an hour and 40 minutes.

Already, I've had a resident steal the nurse's food when she wasn't looking, then attempt to eat it using a plastic comb-- Had another resident try unsuccessfully to dispense hot coffee, then try to rifle through the microwave looking for snacks-- Another purposefully dump pop onto a carpeted floor as an attention seeking behavior, and yet a third insist that there was a strange person prowling outside the facility. (there's not by the way. We checked.), and then there's the fourth one, who basically upended everything in her room packing to go to an undisclosed location.

The crazy is strong tonight.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146994 on: September 04, 2019, 11:26:10 pm »

How do you know the spilling was on purpose?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146995 on: September 04, 2019, 11:29:14 pm »

HIPAA prevents me giving details.

Suffice to say, she has a chart that unrolls like a 4 year old's letter to santa.  Attention seeking is her shtick.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146996 on: September 05, 2019, 01:57:59 am »

So.. Here it is, halfway through the night.

My co-worker, (who is usually just only mildly passive aggressive) decided that tonight she needed to douche with cactus needle puree before coming to work, and to put sand up there for good measure, and pretty much made it brazenly clear that despite the fact that she shows up late every fucking day and insists she's on time, despite what the policy manual says about the time she is supposed to be here, AND being a half-hour late on actually getting her ass into doing rounds, despite my politely letting her know that it was indeed that time (It's easy to lose track of the time here), she pretty much was resolutely sure that I was not doing *my* job, and checked all the people I had already changed, because she was so certain she was right. (like she always pretends.)

I've had it with this shit, and told the charge nurse.  I will not work with this bitch until I get an apology, because I fucking DO my work, and I come to work on time every fucking day, and do the early shift rounds FOR her, because she cant be bothered to be here when she needs to be. Ever.

So, for tonight at least, the building has been divvied up and split between us.  But I'll be damned if I am doing her fucking charting for her tonight, like I pretty much always do.

She wants to pretend I don't do my job, and that she has to pick up the slack? HEH-- Boy does she have it coming.  There's a reason I got raises and good performance reviews for the past two years, and she didn't.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 02:00:04 am by wierd »

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146997 on: September 05, 2019, 02:30:29 am »

I have a fun WTF for once, or at least a non-irritating one: for whatever reason, the giant millipedes that live around my apartment complex are swarming tonight. Usually I might see three to five in the stairwell. Tonight, I stopped counting at fifty, most of them around the door seals.

They don't bother me or anything, but when they're this concentrated it turns out to be slightly tricky to walk through them without hurting one.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146998 on: September 05, 2019, 02:35:24 am »

Fascinating.  I wonder what changed in the environment to cause such a local concentration...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #146999 on: September 05, 2019, 03:33:34 am »

Could be mating season.  ;)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 9798 9799 [9800] 9801 9802 ... 10980