Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9814 9815 [9816] 9817 9818 ... 9860

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 5977817 times)

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #147225 on: September 17, 2019, 06:15:21 pm »

Guys he just attacked Janet.

Let us hope neither she nor Owlga hear of this despicable calumny.

We ascribe to utilitarianism here. The greatest happiness for the greatest number. We need no hedonistic calculus, only the non-arbitrary judgement of Janet. It is she who gives happiness a home, and she who can take it away.

We will suffer no attack on the happy-master. Our morality does not allow it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • D'yeh feel that stirrin', longfriends?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147226 on: September 17, 2019, 06:15:46 pm »

I remember who Janet is!
There can be no escape, only victory.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • Pika Pika!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147227 on: September 17, 2019, 06:19:29 pm »

Who's Janet?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147229 on: September 17, 2019, 06:21:03 pm »

I only vaguely recall that incident. I recall that... someone got offended by something? Tbh IIRC the whole thing seemed silly to me but I wasnt directly involved and thus I didn't really give a flying duck about it
I recently became a objectivist, I am reasonably certain that means all my opinions are now universal fact.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147230 on: September 17, 2019, 07:52:49 pm »

I have never seen that movie tbh, I was just half remembering a quote from somewhere else where the guy yelled something else loudly, and my brain supplied Janet when it couldn't think of the right word, I'm not even sure it WAS a word

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #147231 on: September 17, 2019, 08:06:46 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 08:30:42 pm by Hanslanda »
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Just Skin And Bones
    • View Profile
« Reply #147232 on: September 17, 2019, 08:30:50 pm »

boopin the snootin
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 10:02:55 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
I track my running!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147233 on: September 17, 2019, 09:55:09 pm »

I have never seen that movie tbh, I was just half remembering a quote from somewhere else where the guy yelled something else loudly, and my brain supplied Janet when it couldn't think of the right word, I'm not even sure it WAS a word
It kinda sounds like it should have been 'Lena' or 'Mother', as berated by Archer.

Naxza

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanderer of Broken Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #147234 on: September 18, 2019, 10:32:16 am »

Well, that presentation isn't something I'm recording, it's something I'm giving in front of a group on the interview day, there's a panel involved along with all of the other interviewees, which also means I'll be sitting through a bunch of other interviewees' presentations, following the 1-2 hours of the company's presentations on whatever wanksy corporate bullshit drives modern America.

I have nooo fucking technical experience in the IT security realm because my last IT security job was bullshit that didn't teach me much of anything (and 3-4 years' experience ain't worth shit anyways), I have no fucking technical IT experience from college because that was a joke of an education, and I haven't been diligent enough to just 'learn all the things' or be a passionate self-starting professional, and ultimately, the last one is the one I don't have an excuse for and so the whole burden of the problem falls on me for just 'not being an expert' before getting hired on anywhere.

Ugh. I'm just angry, angry at how the rules keep changing, how I seem to have no negotiation power, angry at how limited my options seem to be out this way. Angry at how little I know and how poorly I get myself to study independently. Angry that I feel intimidated by this interview bullshit (doing unpaid work for the chance to do more work?), angry that I'm not sure that I'm in the right for feeling indignant about this, angry that I'm gonna have to blow away all of my savings without help if I want to go and actually get educated on anything somewhere, and, of course, angry that I'm not even sure that this is the field I want to be in, 'cuz if I can't find it in myself to teach myself everything there is to know about the field, how do I know it's the field I want to be in anyways?

And anger is stupid and I don't like having it. I'm not easily driven to anger. Exerting it is stupid and destructive, letting it simmer is stupid and self-destructive, and letting it go doesn't address the source of it, which is stupid and re-productive. It's just this useless thing to lug around until things get better.

I told my sister I was hashing up an escape contingency to New Zealand again if work falls flat here, but she keenly reminded me that I'd be ruining the holidays if I made that decision around then, and pointed out that with the holidays rolling in, there's like to be a general hiring freeze going around anyways. Happy as I am to have her clear-headed analysis, it doesn't do much to alleviate this feeling that I'm trapped or waiting for scraps from on high to come down and show me corporate mercy, though I know I should feel lucky that I'm even in the sphere of pursuing this career and that I'm still being entertained for a couple of roles, interview ghosts and homework projects and all.

Ugh. Whingeing over.

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147235 on: September 18, 2019, 11:53:32 am »

Your sister sounds wise I'm afraid to say. It's always annoying when one's siblings sound wise.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147236 on: September 18, 2019, 04:34:22 pm »

Power was out at work today when I got there. A power line or something went down, and that also caused a problem with our circuit breakers. Didn't get power back until 11:15. In the meantime, the manager had us picking trash up throughout the parking lot and surrounding woodsey area. The only protective gear we were given wer thin, plastic examination gloves, to dig for trash in elbow-deep underbrush with thorns.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147237 on: September 18, 2019, 04:46:26 pm »

Does your contract support such work? Or is it one of those vague "whatever else that may be reasonably expected" contracts?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #147238 on: September 19, 2019, 01:40:37 am »

I needed to do disability stuff on a government website. Turns out, the website that I need is only active during certain time ranges.

Leave it to the United States government to build a website that closes for the night.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
I make games

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147239 on: September 19, 2019, 02:14:23 am »

Don't be fooled, it's totally intended to restrict the number of applicants, while still giving lip-service to "It's totally available!"

Kinda like the "A file cabinet in a disused lavatory of the sub sub basement behind a sign that says "Beware of the leopard!"" in hitch-hiker's guide to the galaxy.
"The plans WERE on display!"

Pages: 1 ... 9814 9815 [9816] 9817 9818 ... 9860