Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9846 9847 [9848] 9849 9850 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13172845 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #147705 on: October 05, 2019, 02:41:10 pm »

The lethal outcome of the accident really foiled my punning plans
Love, scriver~

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #147706 on: October 05, 2019, 04:39:41 pm »

Xiaomi's Mi Mix Alpha supposedly has a '180-percent' screen-to-body ratio.
Why would anyone even want a wrap around screen?
How would you even hold it?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147707 on: October 05, 2019, 04:55:40 pm »

Huh, I wonder if they just said bigger numbers to sound better without thinking too hard about what those numbers mean

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #147708 on: October 05, 2019, 07:32:23 pm »

Xiaomi's Mi Mix Alpha supposedly has a '180-percent' screen-to-body ratio. 
How would you even hold it?
Clamp the top and bottom between your thumb and pinky finger, then use the other hand to touch the screen, I guess. Or lay your index, middle, ring, and pinky fingers flat against the back screen to force palm rejection, then use the thumb to touch the screen. In that case, you'd have one hell of a time reaching the notification shade.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #147709 on: October 05, 2019, 08:07:18 pm »

Hey, who in the actual fuck in that dusty broom closet the WWE calls a writers room decided to have Brock Lesnar (the queen of boring ass wrestling, alongside his King Cena) unseat Kofi Kingston during fucking smackdown??? The audacity of these bitches???

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147710 on: October 05, 2019, 09:46:08 pm »

Huh, I wonder if they just said bigger numbers to sound better without thinking too hard about what those numbers mean

No, they said that number because it's accurate - based on how 100% has already been defined. A 100% phone screen is one side, but with zero bezel. This Xiaomi phone has screens on both sides, so it exceeds the level previously defined as 100%.

"Percentages' are just arbitrary calibrations much of the time and have no real physical meaning. For example, if a car has a rated capacity to hold 5 people, then you can say 5 people is 100% capacity. However someone squeezes a 6th person in. Now, it's at 125% capacity - it's overcapacity. 100% often doesn't mean "the physical limit that could be reached" but rather it means some specific limit you're not meant to exceed, but you can perfectly reasonably exceed.

EDIT: for an example of how 100% is arbitrary for screen-size for a phone, consider how you'd define that. Is it 1 side completely covered in screen is 100%, or is it both sides covered is 100%?. Do you count the edge of the phone, if it's not covered in screen too, that's not 100%? What about working out 100% per volume, or per weight of the phone? if there are some components in the phone that aren't screen, is it less than 100% screen?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 10:50:43 pm by Reelya »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #147711 on: October 05, 2019, 10:29:14 pm »

Hey, who in the actual fuck in that dusty broom closet the WWE calls a writers room decided to have Brock Lesnar (the queen of boring ass wrestling, alongside his King Cena) unseat Kofi Kingston during fucking smackdown??? The audacity of these bitches???
Fox prime time and Fox prime time money. Also Cain Velazquez
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147712 on: October 06, 2019, 01:37:25 am »

Who in the actual fuck still pays attention to the WWE when they still haven't brought back Hulk Hogan???   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147713 on: October 06, 2019, 01:55:22 am »

No, they said that number because it's accurate - based on how 100% has already been defined. A 100% phone screen is one side, but with zero bezel. This Xiaomi phone has screens on both sides, so it exceeds the level previously defined as 100%.

"Percentages' are just arbitrary calibrations much of the time and have no real physical meaning. For example, if a car has a rated capacity to hold 5 people, then you can say 5 people is 100% capacity. However someone squeezes a 6th person in. Now, it's at 125% capacity - it's overcapacity. 100% often doesn't mean "the physical limit that could be reached" but rather it means some specific limit you're not meant to exceed, but you can perfectly reasonably exceed.

EDIT: for an example of how 100% is arbitrary for screen-size for a phone, consider how you'd define that. Is it 1 side completely covered in screen is 100%, or is it both sides covered is 100%?. Do you count the edge of the phone, if it's not covered in screen too, that's not 100%? What about working out 100% per volume, or per weight of the phone? if there are some components in the phone that aren't screen, is it less than 100% screen?
Thank you

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #147714 on: October 06, 2019, 05:10:53 am »

Caught a quick look at youtube without adblock on.  What a trashy look, youtube.  I feel like I caught the flu just looking at it, can only imagine how my poor computer feels loading that garbage.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147715 on: October 06, 2019, 05:48:03 am »

But that delicious advert revenue!

DONT YOU WANT TO SWITCH TO YOUTUBE RED?!
YOU GET A FREE TRIAL!!
(Please give us your money!)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #147716 on: October 06, 2019, 09:18:16 am »

Who in the actual fuck still pays attention to the WWE when they still haven't brought back Hulk Hogan???   
[/quote]
Hogan’s been back for a while already. I think they first brought him back for the Saudi Arabia show.
Yeah.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147717 on: October 06, 2019, 09:30:17 am »

What the hell even is Youtube Red?

Who cares enough about the rando trash on Youtube to pay money for it? I go to Youtube for low quality meaningless bullshit, same as everyone else.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147718 on: October 06, 2019, 09:36:55 am »

I don’t have it, but according to ads, youtube red has shows exclusive to it

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile