Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9847 9848 [9849] 9850 9851 ... 10979

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13118658 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #147720 on: October 06, 2019, 11:18:56 am »

Who in the actual fuck still pays attention to the WWE when they still haven't brought back Hulk Hogan???   
Hogan’s been back for a while already. I think they first brought him back for the Saudi Arabia show.
Yeah.
Whoa wait, what, really?! That's great news if so!     
No idea how I hadn't heard, pretty sure I follow the dude on social media and everything.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #147721 on: October 06, 2019, 12:26:31 pm »

Who in the actual fuck still pays attention to the WWE when they still haven't brought back Hulk Hogan???   
Hogan’s been back for a while already. I think they first brought him back for the Saudi Arabia show.
Yeah.
Whoa wait, what, really?! That's great news if so!     
No idea how I hadn't heard, pretty sure I follow the dude on social media and everything.
The not great news is the whole Saudi Arabia thing.

I really like wrestling, but that is yet another reason I refuse to see WWE (how they treat their fighters is the major one).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #147722 on: October 06, 2019, 12:46:03 pm »

The things you can do with a monopoly.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147723 on: October 06, 2019, 10:08:33 pm »

Okay, well, I looked at the Wikipedia page for the event(s) and the main examples of mistreatment I can see are female wrestlers and male wrestlers with religious-themed tattoos being excluded. Sure, that stinks, but it's Saudi Arabia, what would you expect?
I assume WWE are making big bucks from being over there, otherwise why tf would they be? And who knows, maybe as it continues they will actually help Saudi culture become a li'l less shit. Apparently they had a female commentator at this year's installment, and as of 2017 women are at least allowed to come to the events, albeit with a "male guardian".   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #147724 on: October 06, 2019, 10:25:22 pm »

Ran a game of direct strike, decided to more or less throw strategy out the window. Made a diamond shape around dehaka alternating between zerglings and roaches, three rows deep. Tossed a line of locust spawners behind them.

Ended up both winning most of my waves (matched against another dehaka) and ultimately the game. That... should not have gone nearly that well. At all. Unthinking mostly monofocus builds are generally stupid easy to counter.

Diamonds are forever, I guess. Especially when made out of alien bug monsters crowded around a godzilla expy.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147725 on: October 07, 2019, 07:59:47 am »

But that delicious advert revenue!

DONT YOU WANT TO SWITCH TO YOUTUBE RED?!
YOU GET A FREE TRIAL!!
(Please give us your money!)

Tell us more of this redtube.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147726 on: October 07, 2019, 08:34:03 am »

But that delicious advert revenue!

DONT YOU WANT TO SWITCH TO YOUTUBE RED?!
YOU GET A FREE TRIAL!!
(Please give us your money!)

Tell us more of this redtube.

No, the other redtube
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #147727 on: October 07, 2019, 10:06:57 am »

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147728 on: October 07, 2019, 10:11:25 am »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147729 on: October 07, 2019, 10:27:21 am »

Why isn’t the image working? I did the tag

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147730 on: October 07, 2019, 10:51:18 am »

Look at the text you enclosed in the img tags. If it doesn't end with and image extension (.jpg, .png, .bmp, etc.), and is generally on the long side, then it's the wrong kind of link.
I think it used to be you could just right-click on most images and select 'copy image location' for it to return a direct link. But that made the owner of the site where you found the image to pay for traffic incurred by your linking to the image. These days it mostly doesn't work, which is for the better.
If you really want to link to an image, best to save it to your computer, and then upload to a hosting service. They'll give you a direct link that you can enclose with the image tags (or even give you one already so enclosed).

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #147731 on: October 07, 2019, 10:59:09 am »

You were linking to the google image search page, remember to link to the page's content. You can also visit the page or right-click>open image in new tab.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147732 on: October 07, 2019, 11:03:36 am »

Thank you both

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #147733 on: October 07, 2019, 11:24:57 am »

Okay, well, I looked at the Wikipedia page for the event(s) and the main examples of mistreatment I can see are female wrestlers and male wrestlers with religious-themed tattoos being excluded. Sure, that stinks, but it's Saudi Arabia, what would you expect?
I assume WWE are making big bucks from being over there, otherwise why tf would they be? And who knows, maybe as it continues they will actually help Saudi culture become a li'l less shit. Apparently they had a female commentator at this year's installment, and as of 2017 women are at least allowed to come to the events, albeit with a "male guardian".   
Fighters are not employees, but contractors. Except they are also exclusive. Which is illegal amongst the amazingly few labour laws in the US. Also they have to fight even while injured and don't get leave. Or medical treatment. Or really any sort of support.

It's why you don't see a lot of old wrestlers and the ones who you do see are fucked up beyond measure.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147734 on: October 07, 2019, 11:42:06 am »

Fighters are not employees, but contractors. Except they are also exclusive. Which is illegal amongst the amazingly few labour laws in the US. Also they have to fight even while injured and don't get leave. Or medical treatment. Or really any sort of support.

It's why you don't see a lot of old wrestlers and the ones who you do see are fucked up beyond measure.
Why isn’t WWE being punished for breaking the law?
Pages: 1 ... 9847 9848 [9849] 9850 9851 ... 10979